News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,462 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 15, 2010, 08:57:56 AM
I'd rather let Colvin head back down to AAA where he can keep playing every day. There's still a slim chance he could be a useful major leaguer...isn't there? Might as well keep the guy whose future is on the bench anyway (FULD). You can call Colvin up once Marlon waddles face-first into the ivory.

I think one aspect of player evaluation that has been overlooked is rank numerology. For example, SAM FULD is 726-3853, which, among other things, corresponds in the 660 area code to "Silk Stalkings," at 1006 North Hundley in Albany.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »
Tracy bats left handed, can play first and third and left and right, and is a career .308 pinch hitter.

Millar is eight years older, kind of fat, bats right handed, and can't play third anymore or much outfield.  And he's a career .198 pinch hitter (and he only hit .217 when he DH'd).

Millar better be one funny motherfucker if he makes this team over Tracy.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
Quote from: Andy on March 15, 2010, 09:28:40 AM
Tracy bats left handed, can play first and third and left and right, and is a career .308 pinch hitter.

Millar is eight years older, kind of fat, bats right handed, and can't play third anymore or much outfield.  And he's a career .198 pinch hitter (and he only hit .217 when he DH'd).

Millar better be one funny motherfucker if he makes this team over Tracy.

Is Tracy in camp on a minor league deal like Chuckles the Clown is?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: March 15, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »

I think one aspect of player evaluation that has been overlooked is rank numerology. For example, SAM FULD is 726-3853, which, among other things, corresponds in the 660 area code to "Silk Stalkings," at 1006 North Hundley in Albany.

Wheezer being Wheezer.

I'd rather let Colvin head back down to AAA where he can keep playing every day. There's still a slim chance he could be a useful major leaguer...isn't there? Might as well keep the guy whose future is on the bench anyway (FULD). You can call Colvin up once Marlon waddles face-first into the ivory.

Okay, I can agree with this.  I said in another thread that it seems that Colvin is pretty much slated to have the job in RF to lose next Spring (barring some Fontenot tradejoke or something).  As much as I hate Sam Fuld being on the roster, it'd be better for Colvin to rake in AAA than rot on the bench.  It hurts him being left handed, too.  It's not like Lou is going to want to pair him with Fukudome while Nady can't play the field until June.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 10:26:14 AM

Wheezer being Wheezer.

Okay, I can agree with this.  I said in another thread that it seems that Colvin is pretty much slated to have the job in RF to lose next Spring (barring some Fontenot tradejoke or something).  As much as I hate Sam Fuld being on the roster, it'd be better for Colvin to rake in AAA than rot on the bench.  It hurts him being left handed, too.  It's not like Lou is going to want to pair him with Fukudome while Nady can't play the field until June.

I don't know if Colvin is as good as you think he is.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 15, 2010, 10:29:16 AM

Wheezer being Wheezer.

Okay, I can agree with this.  I said in another thread that it seems that Colvin is pretty much slated to have the job in RF to lose next Spring (barring some Fontenot tradejoke or something).  As much as I hate Sam Fuld being on the roster, it'd be better for Colvin to rake in AAA than rot on the bench.  It hurts him being left handed, too.  It's not like Lou is going to want to pair him with Fukudome while Nady can't play the field until June.

Colvin was a sort of questionable draft pick, IIRC, and but for a few spurts, hasn't really demonstrated enough to warrant so much confidence.  He's hitting well in the Spring, sure, but how much can the guy have improved since last September when he looked...ummm, what's the charitable word(s)?...not very good.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 15, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 15, 2010, 10:29:16 AM

Wheezer being Wheezer.

Okay, I can agree with this.  I said in another thread that it seems that Colvin is pretty much slated to have the job in RF to lose next Spring (barring some Fontenot tradejoke or something).  As much as I hate Sam Fuld being on the roster, it'd be better for Colvin to rake in AAA than rot on the bench.  It hurts him being left handed, too.  It's not like Lou is going to want to pair him with Fukudome while Nady can't play the field until June.

Colvin was a sort of questionable draft pick, IIRC, and but for a few spurts, hasn't really demonstrated enough to warrant so much confidence.  He's hitting well in the Spring, sure, but how much can the guy have improved since last September when he looked...ummm, what's the charitable word(s)?...not very good.

Yeah but he guzzled a bunch of Muscle Milk in the offseason. Now he's ready to spirt it all over the pitchers of the NL Central.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: March 15, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »
it'd be better for Colvin to rake in AAA than rot on the bench. 

That would be better, yes.  But unless you think a .780 OPS qualifies as "raking," I don't think it'll happen. 

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2010, 10:40:50 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 15, 2010, 10:38:50 AM

That would be better, yes.  But unless you think a .780 OPS qualifies as "raking," I don't think it'll happen. 

Don't you dare Yeti me with your "numbers," Eli.  But, I see what you mean.  I haven't seen much of the Cubs so far this Spring, but in yesterday's game Len and Bob were kind of talking him up because of the added muscle and fine spring.  For some reason, I had it in my head that he was a better prospect than he actually is.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
Wheezer being Wheezer.

You can't see this? There are three layers. The innermost, "Silk Stalkings," is not properly numerological. The next, "1006 North Hundley," contains the 90 degree modification of "1060 West" along with the obvious surname association: the last two digits. In the outer layer, "Albany" is an anagram of "by anal," again pointing to the final part of the numerical string in this layer, the zero in "660." What is the digit that was misplaced previously? The six. Moving this into its suggested place, we have Sam Fuld as 666 in this context.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 15, 2010, 10:52:12 AM
Wheezer being Wheezer.

You can't see this? There are three layers. The innermost, "Silk Stalkings," is not properly numerological. The next, "1006 North Hundley," contains the 90 degree modification of "1060 West" along with the obvious surname association: the last two digits. In the outer layer, "Albany" is an anagram of "by anal," again pointing to the final part of the numerical string in this layer, the zero in "660." What is the digit that was misplaced previously? The six. Moving this into its suggested place, we have Sam Fuld as 666 in this context.

This is the best analysis I've ever read. How can I subscribe to your newsletter?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: March 15, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 10:40:50 AM
Quote from: Eli on March 15, 2010, 10:38:50 AM

That would be better, yes.  But unless you think a .780 OPS qualifies as "raking," I don't think it'll happen.  

Don't you dare Yeti me with your "numbers," Eli.  But, I see what you mean.  I haven't seen much of the Cubs so far this Spring, but in yesterday's game Len and Bob were kind of talking him up because of the added muscle and fine spring.  For some reason, I had it in my head that he was a better prospect than he actually is.

Eli's a douche. Colvin is a 5 tool player, which statfaggots have yet to factor into their queerquations and homometrics. For instance, did you know Colvin has 44 stolen bases against only 16 cs in the minors? TOOLS, and he's got 28 outfield assists. TOOLS And he hit .300 at AA Tennessee last year. TOOLS. And he's hit 56 home runs in the minors, which is the same number that Hack Wilson hit in 1929, which was a National League record for like 70 years. TOOLS.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: March 15, 2010, 11:10:25 AM »
For some reason, I had it in my head that he was a better prospect than he actually is.

Because baseball players are prone to the same IAN inflation as un- and semi-attractive women?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 15, 2010, 10:35:13 AM

I don't think he's anywhere near a lock for the roster in the future, but it's nice to see he
finally got his act together and roided up.  We'll just have to wait and see if his obliques can
hold together.  Until SAM FULD shows some real dedication, might as well let him rot on the
bench and let Colvin get some playing time in AAA.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: March 15, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 15, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
For some reason, I had it in my head that he was a better prospect than he actually is.

Because baseball players are prone to the same IAN inflation as un- and semi-attractive women?

You think Maggie G is hot.  So....