News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,520 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #675 on: March 29, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
This is getting ghey.

QuoteThe Cubs' final roster spot will be filled by Tuesday, and Kevin Millar remains the favorite because Chad Tracy, Sam Fuld and Micah Hoffpauir can be sent down to Triple-A Iowa. If Millar doesn't make the team, he'll probably have to contemplate retirement because he had no other offers this winter.

Wha? He's such valuable commodity that they can't afford to cut him because he might.... retire. Ok, Paul.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 29, 2010, 09:37:18 PM
This is getting ghey.

QuoteThe Cubs' final roster spot will be filled by Tuesday, and Kevin Millar remains the favorite because Chad Tracy, Sam Fuld and Micah Hoffpauir can be sent down to Triple-A Iowa. If Millar doesn't make the team, he'll probably have to contemplate retirement because he had no other offers this winter.

Wha? He's such valuable commodity that they can't afford to cut him because he might.... retire. Ok, Paul.

What we see is that Millar is going to be kept on the team because he tells a good dick joke.

I'd rather have Tracy because, to my knowledge, can at least spell Aramis at third occasionally. I'm pretty sure all four of these guys suck. Sam Fuld brings the GRIT which is completely worthless. I don't understand how he's considered a major league baseball player. Micah Hoffpauir should retire to become the greatest softball player of all time. He can't hit major league fastballs let alone major league pitching.

So that's what it's come down to - a good dick joke. Someone get Chad Tracy's email and send him your best jokes. Someone not named Fork.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:19 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 29, 2010, 10:06:51 PM
Sam Fuld brings the GRIT which is completely worthless. I don't understand how he's considered a major league baseball player.

I hate me the hell out of the SAM FULD crowd, but I do think players like him have
a place in an organization.  He's a basically free guy you can toss in the minors and
have available to bring up as a 4th/5th outfielder if you have some injuries and he
isn't a complete and total zero.  You don't have to trade for a shitty guy and absorb
salary (Ryan Freel springs to mind) to not be good, you have that guy ready in house.

Sure, it would be good to real talent down there to bring up, but even just having
mediocre talent at the AA(A) level is a good start.  That's one of the depressing things
about the Cubs farm system.  Not only have they been so bad at acquiring and
developing elite talent, they have also been terrible at just developing some mediocre
players to keep around for depth.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:36 PM »
Quote from: Pre on March 29, 2010, 11:13:19 PM
Sam Fuld brings the GRIT which is completely worthless. I don't understand how he's considered a major league baseball player.

I hate me the hell out of the SAM FULD crowd, but I do think players like him have
a place in an organization.  He's a basically free guy you can toss in the minors and
have available to bring up as a 4th/5th outfielder if you have some injuries and he
isn't a complete and total zero.  You don't have to trade for a shitty guy and absorb
salary (Ryan Freel springs to mind) to not be good, you have that guy ready in house.

Sure, it would be good to real talent down there to bring up, but even just having
mediocre talent at the AA(A) level is a good start.  That's one of the depressing things
developing elite talent, they have also been terrible at just developing some mediocre

Yours is a welcome dose of rationality. I really don't like Sam Fuld because of people that think he should honestly start everyday over Soriano. That's not a really good reason to despise a player. Yeah, he can run and he can cover some ground in the field. He can lay down a bunt. Yay?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 29, 2010, 11:50:36 PM

Yours is a welcome dose of rationality. I really don't like Sam Fuld because of people that think he should honestly start everyday over Soriano. That's not a really good reason to despise a player. Yeah, he can run and he can cover some ground in the field. He can lay down a bunt. Yay?

Dude's an RBI MACHINE.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »

I don't hate SAM FULD, but I hate people who like SAM FULD a lot. Pre's analysis is spot on.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 30, 2010, 08:37:15 AM

I don't hate SAM FULD, but I hate people who like SAM FULD a lot. Pre's analysis is spot on.

That sums it up.  Who was it who pointed out that Sam Fuld has like 500 fansites? 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2010, 09:01:45 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 30, 2010, 08:41:03 AM

That sums it up.  Who was it who pointed out that Sam Fuld has like 500 fansites? 

Somebody.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »

a place in an organization.  He's a basically free guy you can toss in the minors and
isn't a complete and total zero.  You don't have to trade for a shitty guy and absorb

mediocre talent at the AA(A) level is a good start.  That's one of the depressing things
about the Cubs farm system.  Not only have they been so bad at acquiring and

That sums it up.  Who was it who pointed out that Sam Fuld has like 500 fansites?  

I enjoy comparing his Wiki site to others on the team

Fuld gets a complete sploogefest and he's had, what, less than 200 ML ABs?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 30, 2010, 09:17:00 AM

a place in an organization.  He's a basically free guy you can toss in the minors and
isn't a complete and total zero.  You don't have to trade for a shitty guy and absorb

mediocre talent at the AA(A) level is a good start.  That's one of the depressing things

That sums it up.  Who was it who pointed out that Sam Fuld has like 500 fansites?  

You're surprised?

Sheeple, every last one of you. Wool. Over. Eyes.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: March 30, 2010, 10:11:17 AM »

You'd think Oleg would have a happening Wiki, if that were the case.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: March 30, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 30, 2010, 09:17:00 AM

Isn't that SAM FULD entry exactly what this is for?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 30, 2010, 10:11:17 AM

You'd think Oleg would have a happening Wiki, if that were the case.

Oleg has the shortest Wiki entry.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »
Millar is confident he'll be a "Cubbie." This sucks. However, it appears he is the Cubs' Jackie Robinson. Move over, Gene Baker!

But Tracy is hitting only .243, Fuld is at .147 and Hoffpauir is at .239, so it's not like one player has stood out among the others. Millar already has integrated himself in the clubhouse, and as Aramis Ramirez pointed out, numbers don't mean a thing in spring.

So before Millar, douchebags were segregated from the rest of the Cubs. Must have been why Milton Bradley was so lonely.

Millar is batting .242.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »

I will give $100 of my own money to the first NL pitcher who earholes Millar.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16