News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 96,943 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on February 18, 2010, 09:30:32 AM

COBRA PIE

I still have faith that this will be good Pie.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
You and me both, JD.

You and me both.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
He's going to be 25 and has been improving.  No idea if he'll pull it all together,
but he's got time to improve to avoid being a bust.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just give him 100 games.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 18, 2010, 08:24:49 AM
I want this party started right. I want this party started quickly.

I can't wait to start booing him the minute he goes 0fer.   He's stealing theriot's spot!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
I'm not sold on Castro as a viable Major League option.  Don't shoot me.  Woah man, don't fuckin' shoot me!  Wait till I'm done before the statfags skewer me with pitchforks.

I think us Cubs fans are deluded into wishful thinking, much like we were with Felix Pie.  The holes in Pie's game were there, we all saw them.  We chose to ignore them, because he was Felix Pie, Cub prospect extraordinaire, and this time was going to be different, dammit.  This time a Cubs prospect would be a fleeting success instead of a faltering suckass.  But, it was not to be.  Pie sucked, we learned the taste of hate, and he was summarily shipped out the door.

Sure, I hope this guy succeeds.  But its hard to ignore his current shortcomings in maturity (all of 19 years old) and skill (more E than BB).  Let him cook a few years.

Ok, I'm ready now.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Simmer on February 19, 2010, 12:05:30 PM
I'm not sold on Castro as a viable Major League option.  Don't shoot me.  Woah man, don't fuckin' shoot me!  Wait till I'm done before the statfags skewer me with pitchforks.

I think us Cubs fans are deluded into wishful thinking, much like we were with Felix Pie.  The holes in Pie's game were there, we all saw them.  We chose to ignore them, because he was Felix Pie, Cub prospect extraordinaire, and this time was going to be different, dammit.  This time a Cubs prospect would be a fleeting success instead of a faltering suckass.  But, it was not to be.  Pie sucked, we learned the taste of hate, and he was summarily shipped out the door.

Sure, I hope this guy succeeds.  But its hard to ignore his current shortcomings in maturity (all of 19 years old) and skill (more E than BB).  Let him cook a few years.

Ok, I'm ready now.

I think the vast majority of us agree with you and this thread is more of a joke than anything.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on February 19, 2010, 12:18:53 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 19, 2010, 12:12:36 PM

I think I just sprung a woody

Why, is there a hyperlink to ACB hidden on that pic?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche