News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 96,947 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 03, 2010, 12:43:25 PM
Quote from: Jon on March 03, 2010, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: MAD on March 03, 2010, 12:29:45 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 03, 2010, 12:22:59 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 03, 2010, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 03, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 03, 2010, 10:24:52 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 08:03:40 AM
Yeah, if you're insecure enough that you're afraid that a random stranger out of a crowd of 40,000+ drunk morans is going to take a gander at your warhammer and get some secret Chad urge that he has to repress by calling some other dude a faggot, you should probably just stop going to public restrooms, period. Frankly I like that I can go to a venue that large and still take less than 5 minutes to get from seat to pisser and back. Saves me the time I need to hurl as many racial epithets as possible at Milton Bradley.

It's not insecurity. I'm just looking for an excuse to piss on Apex's leg.

I successfully hailed a cab in Chicago.  IT WAS AWESOME.  It was my first cab ride.

So there's hope that some day you'll figure out how the "Quote" button works, too?

It is a small button, after all.  And it's hidden in the corner.

I think the joke isn't so much IAN not knowing how to find the quote button but, rather, mystifyingly quoting something other than that to which he was replying.

Listen: IAN has come unstuck in time.

Is that why he ruined a perfectly good joke about Gil's fiancee's menses?

Wait. Shouldn't that be moenses?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
NO WAY

Quote8. Chicago Cubs
Last Year's Ranking: 26
Why They Are Here: As bad a year as the Cubs had at the big-league level, that's how good a year they had down on the farm, as 2008 draftees stepped forward, international signees shined, and plenty of others stepped forward. Throw in a first-round draft steal in Brett Jackson, and things are looking very, very up.
Where They Will Be Next Year: Chances are good that all of these players should still be eligible next year, and while I don't see the true star potential in Starlin Castro that others do, it's reasonable to expect good performances from Josh Vitters and Hak-Ju Lee. The aging big-league team needs help now, but this might take awhile.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Day Man on March 09, 2010, 12:19:57 PM
NO WAY

Quote8. Chicago Cubs
Why They Are Here: As bad a year as the Cubs had at the big-league level, that's how good a year they had down on the farm, as 2008 draftees stepped forward, international signees shined, and plenty of others stepped forward. Throw in a first-round draft steal in Brett Jackson, and things are looking very, very up.
Where They Will Be Next Year: Chances are good that all of these players should still be eligible next year, and while I don't see the true star potential in Starlin Castro that others do, it's reasonable to expect good performances from Josh Vitters and Hak-Ju Lee. The aging big-league team needs help now, but this might take awhile.

Hak-Ju Lee. Sweet. Somehow someway, we'll come up the most awesome nickname ever for this dude. I'll put the leader in the clubhouse at: Hak-Ju Lee "and make a blog out of her skin."

Go.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 09, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
NO WAY

Quote8. Chicago Cubs

Hak-Ju Lee. Sweet. Somehow someway, we'll come up the most awesome nickname ever for this dude. I'll put the leader in the clubhouse at: Hak-Ju Lee "and make a blog out of her skin."

Go.

I think CubbieJu-lee's RSS feed just went off...
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on March 09, 2010, 01:07:04 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 09, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
NO WAY

Quote8. Chicago Cubs

Go.

I think CubbieJu-lee's RSS feed just went off...

Her alert is the singing fish from the McDonald's commercials.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Weren't we (as a whole) down on Brett Jackson as a first round pick?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 01:40:42 PM

Isn't he supposed to be Korey redux?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 01:40:42 PM

I think almost everyone was.  He struck out so much in college that it seemed like he'd have major contact issues in the pros.  So far, so good though. 

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
In case anyone missed it:

http://www.thecubreporter.com/2010/03/09/alls-wells-hohokam-park

...with Starlin Castro breaking off first, Micah Hoffpauir struck out swinging on a 3-2 pitch, and Castro was called out for sliding past 2nd base (he had the base stolen easily, too). I hate to say this because it's not fair to Castro, but the play brought back nightmares of Ronny Cedeno running the bases.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: motown on March 10, 2010, 08:17:44 AM

...with Starlin Castro breaking off first, Micah Hoffpauir struck out swinging on a 3-2 pitch, and Castro was called out for sliding past 2nd base (he had the base stolen easily, too). I hate to say this because it's not fair to Castro, but the play brought back nightmares of Ronny Cedeno running the bases.

At least he didn't get thrown out on a walk like RonCe did.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

He qualified the statement by saying it's not fair to Castro to compare him to RonCe. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 10, 2010, 08:37:17 AM

Yeah, it's not remotely the same thing. No one can top RonCe's retardity.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slack-E on March 10, 2010, 09:08:46 AM

The most surprising thing to me is that the Cub Reporter still exists.

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: Slack-E on March 10, 2010, 09:08:46 AM

No, it's definitely not Cedeno-level retardity, and Castro certainly doesn't have the same volume of retarded acts as Cedeno to judge from at this point.  I just thought the attempted connection was amusing since I heard it happen live and was wistfully reminded of Cedeno as well.

Perhaps a better retardity comparison is Theriot, yes?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: motown on March 10, 2010, 09:58:30 AM
Perhaps a better retardity comparison is Theriot, yes?

This.

Though I, too, immediately thought of Ronny.

With the added qualification that it's still early in Spring Training, which is when guys are still working on getting their timing back on things like sliding into bases.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?