News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NCAA 11  ( 3,595 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
NCAA 11
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4949103

It's a start. Nothing about making the game Weebs proof but I can't see that ever happening. We have a guy in our league that rolls out on every play and hits the same WR on a crossing pattern every time and there's not a thing anyone can do to stop it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NCAA 11
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
The game didn't even have numbers on the helmets?  Even NCAA 2004 had them, what was so damn hard about it?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on February 26, 2010, 09:14:10 PM
The game didn't even have numbers on the helmets?  Even NCAA 2004 had them, what was so damn hard about it?

People still think NCAA 2006 for Xbox was better than any of the "next gen" games that have come out. I don't think that's untrue.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 06:44:05 PM

It's a start. Nothing about making the game Weebs proof but I can't see that ever happening. We have a guy in our league that rolls out on every play and hits the same WR on a crossing pattern every time and there's not a thing anyone can do to stop it.

I'm a little shocked about this, can't you just setup to double the receiver, play the safety yourself and
pick the shit out of him?  Is it just his WR is ungodly or is there some wrinkle to this that I don't
understand?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 26, 2010, 10:56:40 PM

I'm a little shocked about this, can't you just setup to double the receiver, play the safety yourself and
pick the shit out of him?  Is it just his WR is ungodly or is there some wrinkle to this that I don't
understand?

It's the gayest thing you've ever seen. It's gayer than a penis going into a man's butthole. You can have 11 guys covering this person and no matter what he's open. You know how NCAA has that thing where if you throw a ball hard enough the receiver will suddenly sprint ahead of his defender and catch the ball? That's a lot of it.

He beats most of us pretty bad - he has lost before - but when he does he still scores 6-7 touchdowns. But against the CPU he's scoring 60-80 points a game. I mean surely you'd think a gaming company could invent a defense smart enough to learn how to stop the same play over and over again. Apparently that's how some people have fun. I'm not one of those people. And so I loathe this game even while taking part in an online dynasty that's been going on since last fall.

Building a team around a running game is pointless because of that stupid fucking "play the run" crap. They had seriously better get rid of that. It was like guessing the right play in Tecmo Super Bowl. Same thing with the conservative, balanced or aggressive game plans. Gey. So gey.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 10:18:06 PM
Quote from: Day Man on February 26, 2010, 09:14:10 PM

People still think NCAA 2006 for Xbox was better than any of the "next gen" games that have come out. I don't think that's untrue.

I'm going to agree.  That was the last football game I played where I felt like a player's skill could actually determine the outcome of the game, instead of just playing the numbers and finding the few plays that are actually capable of generating yards.  I know it's a "Weebs" thing to do, but the only way to be successful in the game is to learn what routes/plays can't be immediately shut down (i.e. delayed hand-offs).  It's usually impossible to throw anything but a lob to a receiver in the secondary because the LB has that uncanny ability to be running one way, then immediately turn around and wave his arm in the air to swat down the ball.  I think if they actually got pass coverage to focus on the defender actually seeing the ball, the game would be a lot different.  Because you have no idea when a DB will be able to magically swat down the pass when his back is turned to the ball, you rarely try to hit a WR if he isn't just outrunning the defense on a slant across the middle.  It's the same with trying to throw any kind of deep ball.  There's no middle ground between bullet pass that will get knocked down by the LB, and lob that just become a jump ball between the WR and DB.  Back in NCAA '06, you actually had control over the outcome of every play.  I was never particularly good at controlling the defenders in coverage, but a friend of mine would get 5+ user picks a game because he could just position himself perfectly on the play.  It sucks that development times are so short for these games that there's really no way to do a complete overhaul of the engine, and they're basically stuck with what they have until the next generation of consoles come out.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
I'd like to do a league again. I think it *could* be fun.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 03:21:35 PM »
Anybody else download the demo yet?  I just played the Miami vs. Ohio State game.  It's been a while since I played NCAA 10, but this almost feels like an entirely new game.  The new lighting system is awesome, and the controls are super tight.  It feels like linebackers are a lot more sluggish than faster DBs, which is nice, so hopefully you won't see a bunch of swatted balls when the LB somehow jumps 5 feet in the air and knocks down a pass with their back to the ball.  Also, the new TeamBuilder is up and running:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 26, 2010, 11:20:12 PM

understand?

It's the gayest thing you've ever seen. It's gayer than a penis going into a man's butthole. You can have 11 guys covering this person and no matter what he's open. You know how NCAA has that thing where if you throw a ball hard enough the receiver will suddenly sprint ahead of his defender and catch the ball? That's a lot of it.

He beats most of us pretty bad - he has lost before - but when he does he still scores 6-7 touchdowns. But against the CPU he's scoring 60-80 points a game. I mean surely you'd think a gaming company could invent a defense smart enough to learn how to stop the same play over and over again. Apparently that's how some people have fun. I'm not one of those people. And so I loathe this game even while taking part in an online dynasty that's been going on since last fall.

Building a team around a running game is pointless because of that stupid fucking "play the run" crap. They had seriously better get rid of that. It was like guessing the right play in Tecmo Super Bowl. Same thing with the conservative, balanced or aggressive game plans. Gey. So gey.

Yeah, I used to play against an asshole whose defensive strategy every time was to take the defensive end and pull him so far to the right or left of the offensive tackle that the AI can't pick him up and therefore neither the tackle or the backs would ever try to block him. It sucked ass. I pretty much just play against the CPU. I've got maybe one friend that I'll agree to play against because we both try to adhere to playing the game as it's done in real life.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 03:50:47 PM

understand?

Yeah, I used to play against an asshole whose defensive strategy every time was to take the defensive end and pull him so far to the right or left of the offensive tackle that the AI can't pick him up and therefore neither the tackle or the backs would ever try to block him. It sucked ass. I pretty much just play against the CPU. I've got maybe one friend that I'll agree to play against because we both try to adhere to playing the game as it's done in real life.

And then you guys send the game stats to Football Outsiders to analyze, pick game balls, and talk about differing offensive sets to certain defenses.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »

understand?

So you used to play against Weebs? Yeah, it's not fun.

I had a friend who ran 3-4 and took the OLB and would speed rush the outside. He was getting 8-9 sacks a game with this guy. Obviously won all kinds of awards and set records blah blah. The guy was like a 78 OVR. He also rushed for 2500 yards with a freshman RB that was a 74 OVR.

Stupid. I'm going to regret playing this game.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 21, 2010, 04:01:45 PM

understand?

And then you guys send the game stats to Football Outsiders to analyze, pick game balls, and talk about differing offensive sets to certain defenses.

http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/madden-11-to-scout-your-games-and-sell-others-the-reports
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2010, 09:13:36 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 21, 2010, 04:01:45 PM

understand?

http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/madden-11-to-scout-your-games-and-sell-others-the-reports

You came, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU!?!?!?!@