News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Tournament Challenge Thing 2010  ( 11,828 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Tournament Challenge Thing 2010
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 25, 2010, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2010, 12:16:26 PM
Good thing Huey's not in our pool.

I'm not?

It doesn't matter if you are or aren't, I was just making a "Huey is Autistic" joke, idito.

WAY TO RUIN IT.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2010, 12:32:20 PM
Quote from: MAD on March 25, 2010, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2010, 12:16:26 PM
Good thing Huey's not in our pool.

I'm not?

It doesn't matter if you are or aren't, I was just making a "Huey is Autistic" joke, idito.

WAY TO RUIN IT.

Yeah, Huey's the one who ruined it.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 03:27:38 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 20, 2010, 08:45:22 PM
I think Bill Self is two missed Memphis free throws away from getting shit canned.  He should tithe 10 percent of his pay to Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas Roberts.

He has authored some seriously horrendous NCAA outs in his post-Tulsa career.

Does it make me evil that I revel in Bill Self's failures? I hated Kansas before he got there, but after that traitorous fuck bailed on Illinois...I hate him and his team with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on March 25, 2010, 03:27:38 PM
I think Bill Self is two missed Memphis free throws away from getting shit canned.  He should tithe 10 percent of his pay to Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas Roberts.

Does it make me evil that I revel in Bill Self's failures? I hated Kansas before he got there, but after that traitorous fuck bailed on Illinois...I hate him and his team with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Seriously, the nerve of a guy to leave a decent job for a really good one that he had always dreamed about.
And the way he led the Illini to two Big Ten regular-season championships, a Big Ten Tournament title, and three straight NCAA tournament appearances and a 78–24 record?

Plus, leaving them with a stacked roster that Weber took to the championship game in 2005?

What an asshole.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2010, 03:43:43 PM

Seriously, the nerve of a guy to leave a decent job for a really good one that he had always dreamed about.
And the way he led the Illini to two Big Ten regular-season championships, a Big Ten Tournament title, and three straight NCAA tournament appearances and a 78–24 record?

Plus, leaving them with a stacked roster that Weber took to the championship game in 2005?

What an asshole.

Am I about to THIS a Pen post? I went to Illinois, so much like BH after attending that one hockey game, my opinion really counts. And I'd take Self back in a heartbeat. I don't blame him at all for taking the Kansas job. It was a better job. I don't understand people who get pissed at college coaches for being a traitor or a scumbag. You pretty much have to be to be a slimeball to succeed in that profession.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2010, 04:03:10 PM

What an asshole.

Am I about to THIS a Pen post? I went to Illinois, so much like BH after attending that one hockey game, my opinion really counts. And I'd take Self back in a heartbeat. I don't blame him at all for taking the Kansas job. It was a better job. I don't understand people who get pissed at college coaches for being a traitor or a scumbag. You pretty much have to be to be a slimeball to succeed in that profession.

Lane Kiffin agrees with this.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 25, 2010, 04:08:46 PM

What an asshole.

So does John Calipari.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 04:19:57 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 25, 2010, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 25, 2010, 04:08:46 PM

What an asshole.

So does John Calipari.

So does that traitorous fuck John Beilein.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
Yeah, he did that all at Illinois and they kept getting better, so if he was such the hotshit that he thinks he is he could've kept building Illinois to a true national power. Now MOST of these IL kids that would've gone to Ilinois, or at least given decent consideration had Self stayed, are running out of state. THAT's why I hate him, he built up a very good program, and had he stayed it probably would've become a top-tier power. Now we have a coach who can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag. I realize they FINALLY have a really good recruiting class coming in, but how many yrs has Weber brought in 2nd-tier talent?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on March 25, 2010, 04:20:43 PM
Yeah, he did that all at Illinois and they kept getting better, so if he was such the hotshit that he thinks he is he could've kept building Illinois to a true national power. Now MOST of these IL kids that would've gone to Ilinois, or at least given decent consideration had Self stayed, are running out of state. THAT's why I hate him, he built up a very good program, and had he stayed it probably would've become a top-tier power. Now we have a coach who can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag. I realize they FINALLY have a really good recruiting class coming in, but how many yrs has Weber brought in 2nd-tier talent?

BC?

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 25, 2010, 04:44:21 PM

BC?

Damnit Slak, should've seen that reference coming, lol.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

BC?

How could Bill Self leave a powerhouse program that makes the Final Four every 25 years for one that makes it every three years? The GALL!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
I can admit I was pretty fired up about it at the time. I couldn't care less now. I hated Kansas before Self left and I hate them now. Whether Self is the coach there or my brother is, I'll hate Kansas until our new socialized medicine puts me six feet under.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

BC?

Come on, we all know that BC actually took his loyalties to Kansas when Self left.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
CT's gonna catch hell for this.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?