News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 51,870 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #345 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 02, 2014, 10:13:12 AM
I kind of hope he gets reunited with Dickie Bennett in prison, but if this is it for Dewey Crowe on Justified, it was a hell of a way to go out.

That definitely had the feel of a final farewell to Dewey.

But maybe they can work in a cameo or something next season.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 02, 2014, 10:45:52 AM
I kind of hope he gets reunited with Dickie Bennett in prison, but if this is it for Dewey Crowe on Justified, it was a hell of a way to go out.

It looks like Damon Herriman is attached to a couple of series for next year, so I'd guess we've seen the last of Dewey.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 02, 2014, 11:04:46 AM

It looks like Damon Herriman is attached to a couple of series for next year, so I'd guess we've seen the last of Dewey.

Not if I am writing the script.  I would have the prosecutor mis-calendar his preliminary hearing and violate Dewey's right to a speedy trial resulting in the court setting him loose.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: April 02, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »

That doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't be squeezed in for a stray appearance or two like they did with Winona after Natalie Zea booked "The Following" and "Under the Dome".

Or with Jimmy this season... Poor Jimmy.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: April 02, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 02, 2014, 01:22:51 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't be squeezed in for a stray appearance or two like they did with Winona after Natalie Zea booked "The Following" and "Under the Dome".

I noticed that one of Dewey's chicks yelled, "Worldstar!" as she filmed the fight with their loyal customer. That means, we may find Dewey, here in the not so distant future. So there's that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 02, 2014, 02:13:44 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 02, 2014, 01:22:51 PM

I noticed that one of Dewey's chicks yelled, "Worldstar!" as she filmed the fight with their loyal customer. That means, we may find Dewey, here in the not so distant future. So there's that.

I heard that, too. And I laughed.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: April 09, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
I was pretty meh on the finale. Danny and Dewey Crowe were great this season but Darryl, Wendy and Kendall were just not interesting at all to me. Is it heresy to say that I'm kind of done with Boyd as a character? So many great scenes over the years but I think they've kept him around past the point of credulity even within the heightened reality of the Justiverse. I'm ready for a new nemesis for Raylan but it looks like the final season will be focusing on Boyd and Ava.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: April 09, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
While Wendy's idiocy stretched beyond belief for me (she really thought Kendal shot Art until that moment?!?) I did enjoy Darryl's antics this season.  Unlike the other master criminals that have populated Kentucky, Darryl had only the vaguest goal (work for Boyd? Become Boyd's partner? Make money and go back to Florida?) and no real plan for accomplishing that goal, other than to insert himself into every situation and do whatever appears to give him the most leverage.  It was kind of fun to see all these characters on both sides of the law put together intricate plans only for Darryl come smashing into the scene and completely fuck up everything.

The finale did seem pretty low key though, more concerned with setting up Season 6 than ending Season 5.  But it's always good to see Rachel and Tim get screen time (their relative absence is probably my biggest disappointment in this season).

Anyway, the table is set for Raylan vs. Boyd, the final battle.  Now we just have to sit back and wait for it.

Is anybody else planning on watching "Fargo"?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 09, 2014, 02:44:34 PM
While Wendy's idiocy stretched beyond belief for me (she really thought Kendal shot Art until that moment?!?) I did enjoy Darryl's antics this season.  Unlike the other master criminals that have populated Kentucky, Darryl had only the vaguest goal (work for Boyd? Become Boyd's partner? Make money and go back to Florida?) and no real plan for accomplishing that goal, other than to insert himself into every situation and do whatever appears to give him the most leverage.  It was kind of fun to see all these characters on both sides of the law put together intricate plans only for Darryl come smashing into the scene and completely fuck up everything.

The finale did seem pretty low key though, more concerned with setting up Season 6 than ending Season 5.  But it's always good to see Rachel and Tim get screen time (their relative absence is probably my biggest disappointment in this season).

Anyway, the table is set for Raylan vs. Boyd, the final battle.  Now we just have to sit back and wait for it.

Is anybody else planning on watching "Fargo"?

THI

And yes.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »
DPD

SPOILER ALERT - Read no further if you haven't seen the season premiere yet.

Good start to the final season. No Sam Elliot and only a little Garret Dillahunt but this was more about setting up our old friends Boyd, Ava and Raylan on the chessboard or whatever it is game they're playing. So, we got some classic Raylan, with him pulling off shit he should never get away with, Boyd masterminding a sweet bank heist and our favorite dumbass criminal's swan song. And it's nice to see Raylan and Art back on speaking terms.

• His boys are pissed it ain't cash, but it seems pretty obvious that the notebook that Boyd came away with in the safe deposit box robbery is going to be a major plot point this season, right?
  • Karl's probably the smartest henchman Boyd's ever had. So I'm certain he knows that being the only guy who can point law enforcement to Dewey isn't good for him. I'm guessing Dewey Crowe might have one last cameo this season.
  • I was glad there was more screen time for Gutterson, and hopefully we'll be getting more Rachel as well.
  • Nice to see that Ava's keeping Chekhov's gun in her nightstand.
  • Vaya con dios, Dewey. Hopefully you were an organ donor so that your 4 kidneys don't go to waste.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »
All he needed was a $6 blow job.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
I think they've made Boyd such a likable villain that it's difficult for them to ramp up to an all-time great denouement between he and Raylan without first dragging him down several pegs. The cold-blooded murder of poor old Dewey seemed like an obvious ploy to get us going in that direction. I understand the need to do that but I think they've waited too long.

All along there have been bad and evil villains on this show. Boyd has been so human, and Walter Goggins' portrayal of him so magnificent that I have always viewed him as more than just the cartoonish bad-baddies that have taken up much of Raylan's time during the first four seasons. It feels like they're just shifting over to Boyd because there's nothing left for Raylan to do than to tie up that loose end before he moves to Florida to be with his wife and daughter.

I actually think it would be awesome if Boyd and Raylan end up killing each other at the end. You'll never leave Harlan alive and what not so there you go.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
I believe that plot twists in this show are dictated by the production's budget and actors' movie contracts.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:26 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 26, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
I believe that plot twists in this show are dictated by the production's budget and actors' movie contracts.

I believe most business decisions are dictated by the budget and scheduling/availability.