News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 51,870 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 26, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 26, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
I believe that plot twists in this show are dictated by the production's budget and actors' movie contracts.

I believe most business decisions are dictated by the budget and scheduling/availability.

Are we talking "art", or are we talking business? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 26, 2015, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 26, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 26, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
I believe that plot twists in this show are dictated by the production's budget and actors' movie contracts.

I believe most business decisions are dictated by the budget and scheduling/availability.

Are we talking "art", or are we talking business? 

Yes.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »
Great episode. Evil Boyd is rounding into form, which says more about Goggins than the writing if you ask me. The Boyd/Raylan scene at Buddy Garrity's office was the absolute shit. I'm going to miss this show so much.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: January 29, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 28, 2015, 06:09:37 PM
Great episode. Evil Boyd is rounding into form, which says more about Goggins than the writing if you ask me. The Boyd/Raylan scene at Buddy Garrity's office was the absolute shit. I'm going to miss this show so much.

Had that same thought basically the entire hour. The interactions between Raylan/Tim and Garret Dillahunt's Gang of Knuckleheads were vintage Justified. Basically any scene with Choo Choo was gold. And I look forward to a future scene of Sam Elliott carving someone's eyeballs out with a spoon while soothing them with his amazing voice.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: January 29, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 29, 2015, 09:13:36 AM
Basically any scene with Choo Choo was gold..

The "I'm not following you" bit was great.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 29, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THIS CONSTANTLY UNTIL IT GOES OFF THE AIR?????

I'm trying to cherish every single scene this season. My God it's so incredible. Just all of it!

I thought this season was going to be about Evil Boyd versus Saint Raylon. BUT NO!!!! Boyd is once again embroiled in all out war with the bad-bad-baddies and Raylon is just everywhere he's supposed to be to fuck everybody over and say awesome shit in every scene he's in.

GOD DAMMIT WHY CAN'T THIS BE FOREVER

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 05, 2015, 10:12:34 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 29, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THIS CONSTANTLY UNTIL IT GOES OFF THE AIR?????

I'm trying to cherish every single scene this season. My God it's so incredible. Just all of it!

I thought this season was going to be about Evil Boyd versus Saint Raylon. BUT NO!!!! Boyd is once again embroiled in all out war with the bad-bad-baddies and Raylon is just everywhere he's supposed to be to fuck everybody over and say awesome shit in every scene he's in.

Sorry, sorry, I just got caught up on Episodes 2 & 3 last night.  I can now confirm that the two most disturbing images I've ever seen in my life are:

1. Wynn Duffy emerging from a tanning bed wearing nothing but a banana hammock.

2. Sam Elliott without his mustache.

I am loving this season.  All logic dictates to me that Boyd must die in the end, and even though he's facing an extremely dangersous opponent (I'm not sure I can remember Boyd ever being that deferential to anyone) and appears to be completely outclassed in the henchman department (RIP JIMMMY), I still can't think that he's somehow going to get out of this.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 05, 2015, 10:12:34 AM

I finally caught up with episodes 2 and 3 on Sunday night and got angry when they were over.

Quote from: CT III on February 06, 2015, 03:22:42 PM
(I'm not sure I can remember Boyd ever being that deferential to anyone)

The way Boyd just shrank in Markham's presence was incredible.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2015, 10:31:02 AM »
Welcome back (temporarily?) Dickie Bennett and Loretta McCready (hopefully not temporarily)!

Also, I didn't realize how much I wanted to see Jake Busey explode until I saw it.

Finally, a plea for a Justified prequel series based around Wynn Duffy's surfing and crime committing adventures in Hawaii.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2015, 12:34:07 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 11, 2015, 10:31:02 AM
Also, I didn't realize how much I wanted to see Jake Busey explode until I saw it.

I, on the other hand, picked the precise wrong moment to glance away from my screen.

Finally, a plea for a Justified prequel series based around Wynn Duffy's surfing and crime committing adventures in Hawaii.

Warming up to that banana hammock?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 11, 2015, 12:34:07 PM

I, on the other hand, picked the precise wrong moment to glance away from my screen.

Warming up to that banana hammock?

For the record, we have now seen Wynn Duffy covered in the blood of a safe-cracker, a Detroit mob enforcer, and an FBI agent. Did I miss anyone?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM »
I think I could sit and watch Sam Elliott and Tim Olyphant parley for the rest of the season. Hell, Sam Elliott and anyone. I love that they've got Guterson out in the field with Raylan this season, he's always good for at least one great line a week (this week's highlight: dying between Sigourney Weaver's thighs). This is a great nugget from Yost on the aftermath of the Wiz explosion:

QuoteThe one thing that got cut out is, we had a follow-on scene where Boyd and Duffy go back to the Wiz's house to clean up, because they got the guts on them, and in comes Bridget [the girl with the snake], who was named in honor of Bridget Fonda, who was in Jackie Brown. She realizes the Wiz is dead, and she's furious, and Duffy gives her $10,000 to shut up, and he says, "And I mean, shut up. I mean you don't talk to anyone, and you stop talking now." And she says, "Well, this is the start," and he shoots her in the head. "I told you to stop talking."

One of the things that was going to come out in the scene was that it was her who had called the Wiz and rang his cell phone, which set off the explosives. We liked the idea of the Wiz being truly hoisted on his own petard — which, by the way, a petard was a grenade of some sort way back when. So he blows up on his own. We shot it, and we just felt that with the propulsion of the episode, it just wasn't necessary. Part of it was, we wanted to re-establish Duffy's badassery, but you know, you've had Jere Burns, you don't need to re-establish that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM
I think I could sit and watch Sam Elliott and Tim Olyphant parley for the rest of the season. Hell, Sam Elliott and anyone. I love that they've got Guterson out in the field with Raylan this season, he's always good for at least one great line a week (this week's highlight: dying between Sigourney Weaver's thighs). This is a great nugget from Yost on the aftermath of the Wiz explosion:

QuoteThe one thing that got cut out is, we had a follow-on scene where Boyd and Duffy go back to the Wiz's house to clean up, because they got the guts on them, and in comes Bridget [the girl with the snake], who was named in honor of Bridget Fonda, who was in Jackie Brown. She realizes the Wiz is dead, and she's furious, and Duffy gives her $10,000 to shut up, and he says, "And I mean, shut up. I mean you don't talk to anyone, and you stop talking now." And she says, "Well, this is the start," and he shoots her in the head. "I told you to stop talking."

One of the things that was going to come out in the scene was that it was her who had called the Wiz and rang his cell phone, which set off the explosives. We liked the idea of the Wiz being truly hoisted on his own petard — which, by the way, a petard was a grenade of some sort way back when. So he blows up on his own. We shot it, and we just felt that with the propulsion of the episode, it just wasn't necessary. Part of it was, we wanted to re-establish Duffy's badassery, but you know, you've had Jere Burns, you don't need to re-establish that.

New idea for a show: celebrity poker with actors from Justified and they must all be in character when they play.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 13, 2015, 09:42:43 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

New idea for a show: celebrity poker with actors from Justified and they must all be in character when they play.
Prior to his appearance on this show, I had no idea whether or not Sam Elliot had an upper lip.  Seeing him without his moustache I am still not certain whether that is an upper lip. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
The only possible complaint I could have about this season is that with so many excellent characters/actors there isn't enough screen time to go around.  We definitely could have used some scenes of Wynn and Mikey playing Scrabble in season 5.