News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Just Cause 2  ( 10,823 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Just Cause 2
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
DPD

I just flew a helicopter to a night club floating in the sky, killed some people, and then took off in a plane on a mini-runway at the back.  This game kicks ass.

Last night, I ejected just before I flew a plane into the side of a missile that was being launched into orbit (Why?  Not sure.  Doesn't matter.).  The ensuing explosion was incredible.  Also, slingshotting yourself around with the parachute + grappling hook shouldn't be as fun as it is.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 25, 2010, 10:08:59 AM
DPD

I just flew a helicopter to a night club floating in the sky, killed some people, and then took off in a plane on a mini-runway at the back.  This game kicks ass.

Last night, I ejected just before I flew a plane into the side of a missile that was being launched into orbit (Why?  Not sure.  Doesn't matter.).  The ensuing explosion was incredible.  Also, slingshotting yourself around with the parachute + grappling hook shouldn't be as fun as it is.

I think I read about that mission.  This game is so over-the-top, it's incredible.  The only problem I'm having so far is that the controls for the vehicles can be really messed up at times, particularly when driving.  If you go off-road at all, those things have absolutely no control.  Also, it would be nice if the planes could control pitch/yaw/roll with both analogs instead of just the left one.  And I agree about the parachute/grappling hook.  It makes it a whole lot easier to travel around when you need to get somewhere without roads.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 10:38:51 AM
DPD

I think I read about that mission.  This game is so over-the-top, it's incredible.  The only problem I'm having so far is that the controls for the vehicles can be really messed up at times, particularly when driving.  If you go off-road at all, those things have absolutely no control.  Also, it would be nice if the planes could control pitch/yaw/roll with both analogs instead of just the left one.  And I agree about the parachute/grappling hook.  It makes it a whole lot easier to travel around when you need to get somewhere without roads.

Yes, the planes are a nightmare to fly so far.  That's why I had to ram it into the missile instead of just shooting it down.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 10:47:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 25, 2010, 10:40:06 AM
DPD

Yes, the planes are a nightmare to fly so far.  That's why I had to ram it into the missile instead of just shooting it down.

I'd definitely prefer ramming it in there. You fucks are going to make me go buy this. I hate you both

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
DPD

I think it'll be really cool once I actually figure out how to control those things better.  I just flew over a military base and tried to crash the plane into the fuel depot.  I aimed it the best I could, jumped out on top, started shooting as I was falling to the ground and then bailed out at the last second...my plane missed the fuel canisters by about 15 feet.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 10:51:29 AM
DPD

I think it'll be really cool once I actually figure out how to control those things better.  I just flew over a military base and tried to crash the plane into the fuel depot.  I aimed it the best I could, jumped out on top, started shooting as I was falling to the ground and then bailed out at the last second...my plane missed the fuel canisters by about 15 feet.

Hover a helicopter over them and just jump out.  It's amazing.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:27 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 25, 2010, 11:06:59 AM
DPD

I like that if you are driving 80 mph head on into another motorcycle and bail at the last second, you see the fiery wreck below as the explosion takes out everything on the road.  It's like you're playing a Michael Bay movie, but it doesn't suck.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 11:16:27 AM
DPD

I like that if you are driving 80 mph head on into another motorcycle and bail at the last second, you see the fiery wreck below as the explosion takes out everything on the road.  It's like you're playing a Michael Bay movie, but it doesn't suck.

Have you tried to take out a colonel yet?  Fun stuff.  Those bastards are elusive and heavily-armored.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 25, 2010, 11:33:37 AM
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 11:16:27 AM
DPD

Have you tried to take out a colonel yet?  Fun stuff.  Those bastards are elusive and heavily-armored.

I've only done two of the Stronghold missions and then the Agency missions you have to do at the beginning.  I've just been going around blowing shit up.

Also, I hope they keep track of stats in this game as much as they did for the demo:

QuotePlayers from around the world are eagerly awaiting the release of Just Cause 2. We know this because Square Enix has revealed that the game's playable demo has been downloaded over 2 million times since the demo became available on the 4th of March.

Some other interesting stats about the demo that you might like to know: "In that time, players have driven a distance equivalent to a trip from the earth to the moon and back four times; Panau Island has lost almost 30 million of its population (with approximately 2.5 million headshots, almost a million drivers hurled from hijacked vehicles and 27,000 PiƱata kills); and players have BASE jumped the equivalent of a freefall through the Earth's core, pole-to-pole, twice."

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »
I finally understand why TDubbs hates you guys.

But, I digress.  This game sounds like everything GTA IV should have been.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 25, 2010, 12:54:27 PM

You should seriously reread any one of your posts in the MW2 thread and reconsider what you just wrote.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 25, 2010, 01:01:54 PM

You should seriously reread any one of your posts in the MW2 thread and reconsider what you just wrote.

I like it when he pretends to be cool better.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »

Tough, but fair.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »

I KNOW I'm not cool.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 25, 2010, 01:09:55 PM

I like it when he pretends to be cool better.

Shut your nerd hole, Poindexter.