News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kermit, Andy and Chuck Killed the Radio Star  ( 4,697 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kermit, Andy and Chuck Killed the Radio Star
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 25, 2010, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: MAD on March 25, 2010, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on March 25, 2010, 11:52:40 AM
Quote from: MAD on March 25, 2010, 11:45:59 AM
From the article:

QuoteCurrent WGN program chief Kevin Metheny failed to return a phone call seeking comment.

For any radio history buffs, Kevin Metheny happens to be the real-life "Pig Vomit" as played by Paul Giamati in "Private Parts".

Metheny was "Pig Virus." Pig Vomit was a composite character.

Thank you.  So Kevin Metheny was Pig Virus at WBNC in real-life, but in the movie it was only mostly based on him, and they changed it to Pig Vomit?

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be, because I really don't care to research it), Metheny threatened to sue the movie production company so they made a composite character.

The term "thinly veiled" springs to mind, based on how Howard talked about this guy.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
Kaplan didn't seem so happy about doing two hour postgames after every game, but invited us to do one with him around the All-Star Break.

So yes, when he gets fed up and quits, it'll be Kermit, Chuck and me doing the postgames, which will mainly consist of me complaining about how much the Cubs suck, Kermit trying to get the computer in the studio to work and Chuck analyzing how every loss ends up saving the Ricketts tax money.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 25, 2010, 04:57:28 PM
Kaplan didn't seem so happy about doing two hour postgames after every game, but invited us to do one with him around the All-Star Break.

So yes, when he gets fed up and quits, it'll be Kermit, Chuck and me doing the postgames, which will mainly consist of me complaining about how much the Cubs suck, Kermit trying to get the computer in the studio to work and Chuck analyzing how every loss ends up saving the Ricketts tax money.

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm much more likely to listen to that than Kaplan's normal postgames.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 25, 2010, 11:35:04 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on March 25, 2010, 10:54:29 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 25, 2010, 09:38:47 AM
This paves the way for Andy, Kerm and Chuck to get their own show.

With Jim Laski to provide balance, of course.

That's former inmate Jim laski to you, sir!

Cripes, that was supposed to be a joke.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 07:56:54 PM »

It seemed like Kaplan was embarrassed by the callers being such retards.  But maybe
he was just sad.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Pre on March 25, 2010, 07:56:54 PM

It seemed like Kaplan was embarrassed by the callers being such retards.  But maybe
he was just sad.

I do know he kind of hated his job down the stretch in '08 when every loss provided him a metric ton of asshats calling to moan about the sky falling. 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)