News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: In the Loop  ( 2,755 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
In the Loop
« on: March 29, 2010, 08:30:40 AM »
No thread about this yet? Some of the funniest dialogue I've heard in a long time. Peter Capaldi is the balls as a foul-mouthed British political fixer.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: In the Loop
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 29, 2010, 08:30:40 AM
No thread about this yet? Some of the funniest dialogue I've heard in a long time. Peter Capaldi is the balls as a foul-mouthed British political fixer.

Never heard of it - but it's at the top of my queue now. Good looking out.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »
This was absolutely hilarious.  Great recommendation.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on July 13, 2010, 12:01:15 PM
This was absolutely hilarious.  Great recommendation.

I still laugh every time I think of this line.

QuoteY'know, I've come across a lot of psychos, but none as fucking boring as you. You are a real boring fuck. Sorry, sorry, I know you disapprove of swearing so I'll sort that out. You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
I thought this was a thread discussing how Transformers III is tying up downtown with their on location shoot.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 16, 2010, 01:06:37 PM
I thought this was a thread discussing how Transformers III is tying up downtown with their on location shoot.

They've been shooting since March?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 16, 2010, 01:08:18 PM

Oh, right, because I should look at when a thread was STARTED before I make sure my smart-ass replies are technically accurate.  Nice call.  What time do you open at the Laugh Factory tonight, Pen?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 16, 2010, 01:11:05 PM

Oh, right, because I should look at when a thread was STARTED before I make sure my smart-ass replies are technically accurate.  Nice call.  What time do you open at the Laugh Factory tonight, Pen?

I would pay a lot of money to see Pen attempt standup with a sweaty, drunken Huey heckling.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »

TDubbs says he ran through the set the other day.

Still, Transformers III isn't really a very good reason to wreck a thread for what's supposed to be a pretty good movie.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 16, 2010, 01:30:41 PM

TDubbs says he ran through the set the other day.

Still, Transformers III isn't really a very good reason to wreck a thread for what's supposed to be a pretty good movie.

Tru.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 03:19:59 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 16, 2010, 01:27:11 PM

I would pay a lot of money to see Pen attempt standup with a sweaty, drunken Huey heckling.

Are there any hypothetical scenarios that don't involve Huey being sweaty?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 16, 2010, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 16, 2010, 01:27:11 PM

Are there any hypothetical scenarios that don't involve Huey being sweaty?

Well, no. I guess that was redundant.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
Seeing as how it's bad form to wear a hat that says "I went to private school," I'm posting here to say that I saw and liked this movie a lot.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:18 PM »
Bump. Sounds like a winner.

QuoteDeadline reports that HBO has added Veep to its ever-growing list of possible new original series, this one a comedy about a former female senator who becomes the first female Vice President. Then she has sex with a string of emotionally immature commitment-phobes. No, just kidding; it actually sounds very smart. Veep comes from British comedian Armando Iannucci, whose popular series The Thick Of It is the BAFTA-winning political satire of the British government that spawned the brilliant In The Loop (which Iannucci co-wrote), and he's expected to bring that same acerbic sensibility to this show, which will explore all the ways that being the Vice President kind of sucks.