News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 Chicago Cubs: Chemistry Is The Answer (For Now)  ( 10,667 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 Chicago Cubs: Chemistry Is The Answer (For Now)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 07:58:23 PM »
Welcome to...

the Byrd's Nest
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 11:27:08 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 07, 2010, 07:58:23 PM
Welcome to...

the Byrd's Nest

Well if this is October they're one loss away from being eliminated. So yeah, it's pretty much exactly like October.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:37 AM »
Sprayberry.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:18 AM »
All I could think about when Chipper launched that one off Grabow was how insignificant that Guzman season-ending injury was for the Cubs.

Without Anhell the only two bullpen guys I have any confidence in are Marshall and Caridad. And when I say I'm confident in Smilin, I mean I don't know enough yet to know if he sucks.

God dammit.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
2 games in, 2 kicks to the nuts. This season is off to a flying start.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »
So the most irritating part of the season so far is not the pitching. It's not the meager hitting. It's not Carlos Silva's existence. No.

It's that goddamn Pepsi commercial.

WHOA OH OH. One tribe y'all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 09, 2010, 06:54:45 PM
So the most irritating part of the season so far is not the pitching. It's not the meager hitting. It's not Carlos Silva's existence. No.

I haven't seen it. I'm still clubbing baby seals over last year's Pepsi abortion by the Black Eyed Peas. Did they do commit this one too?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 09, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

I haven't seen it. I'm still clubbing baby seals over last year's Pepsi abortion by the Black Eyed Peas. Did they do commit this one too?

You're goddamn right they did.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 09, 2010, 07:39:31 PM

Kill me.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 09, 2010, 07:45:28 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 09, 2010, 07:39:31 PM

Kill me.

All you have to do is not watch a single Cubs game or watch them all on DVR or mute all commercials and never once forget. I promise you they show this once an inning.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Chemistry and toilets!

Tom sent me a letter...

Dear Mr. flannj,

I look forward to seeing you at Wrigley Field on Opening Day!  It's been a busy off-season and I thought you might appreciate a preview of the changes you will see when you return to the Friendly Confines this year. Over the past five months, we have invested in almost every area of the ballpark to improve your experience and provide better training facilities for the ballclub.  The improvements include:

- Restroom Upgrades.  The left field men's and right field women's restrooms in the main concourse have been expanded, and most other lower grandstand restrooms were renovated.

- Batting Tunnel Arcade.  A batting tunnel arcade has been added under the right field bleachers.  We will host events that allow fans to watch batting practice during pre-game warm-ups in the arcade.  The batting tunnel arcade includes new food and beverage facilities operated by Levy Restaurants.

- Expanded Menu at the Sheffield Grill.  The Sheffield Grill will now be open to the public and a rotating menu of new food and beverage items will be available, with changes following each homestand.

- Captain Morgan Club Expansion.  The Captain Morgan Club has been expanded to create a second seating pavilion to protect fans from the elements.  The Captain Morgan Club is open to the public every day during the baseball season.

- PNC Club of Chicago.  New this year is the PNC Club of Chicago, a 71-seat club offering members high-end catering, a full-service bar, concierge service and indoor/outdoor seating for an all-inclusive game day experience.

- Scoreboard Renovation.  The historic Wrigley Field scoreboard has been renovated to its original 1937 condition.  As one of the iconic features of Wrigley Field, the scoreboard façade has not been restored in more than 70 years.

- Concrete and Steel Repair.  Portions of the seating bowl and ramp system throughout the ballpark have been repaired or replaced.  Steel and concrete were replaced in various locations to strengthen and improve the appearance of the grandstand seating and high-traffic areas of the ballpark.

- Concrete Panels Removed.  Many of the precast concrete panels on the Addison Street side of Wrigley Field have been removed, opening the ballpark to views of the City and providing welcome sunlight to the ramps, stairwells and concourse.

- Clubhouse Expansion.  A new and expanded weight room, kitchen and nutrition center, and player's lounge were added to the clubhouse, in the first significant expansion since 1984.

- Left Field Sign.  A new creative advertisement will be added in left field.  The proposed Toyota sign brings important new resources to the team for player development and the preservation of Wrigley Field. 

In addition to the physical improvements to the ballpark, we have also implemented certain operational changes that will enhance your day at Wrigley Field.  Jahaan Blake was hired as the team's first Director of Fan Experiences.  Jahaan will direct a team of 25-30 Wrigley Field Ambassadors whose job will be to improve your day at Wrigley Field and monitor the service level we are providing.  You can reach Jahaan at cubsfanfeedback@cubs.com with any suggestions you have.

Additionally, we will continue our text messaging service that allows you to call our attention to issues in the ballpark without leaving your seat.  Text us at 88019 with the keyword FAN and a description of your seat location and issue and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.

New concession items, including a new Sara Lee "ultimate" hot dog, High Plains bison burgers and franks and other healthy choice food options will be introduced this year.  A site directory for all of our food options can be found at www.cubs.com/sth.  As mentioned above, the Sheffield Grill will rotate different food and beverage items throughout the year, so please monitor this website for changes. 

We are committed to playing championship baseball and preserving and improving Wrigley Field.  Thank you for the tremendous support you have provided to the Cubs organization over the years. It is because of your support that we will accomplish our goals.  See you Opening Day.

Tom
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 09, 2010, 10:15:26 PM
Additionally, we will continue our text messaging service that allows you to call our attention to issues in the ballpark without leaving your seat.  Text us at 88019 with the keyword FAN and a description of your seat location and issue and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.

Tom

Al is the only one using the text messaging service.  That's money Jim could've spent (poorly) on the bullpen!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 12:20:21 AM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 09, 2010, 11:17:51 PM
Quote from: flannj on April 09, 2010, 10:15:26 PM
Additionally, we will continue our text messaging service that allows you to call our attention to issues in the ballpark without leaving your seat.  Text us at 88019 with the keyword FAN and a description of your seat location and issue and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.

Tom

Al is the only one using the text messaging service.  That's money Jim could've spent (poorly) on the bullpen!

We're going to need to use that this summer.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
This team's just weird. I mean, I felt good about this team Sunday night, then by Monday night I felt pretty shitty. Then I started feeling pretty good again around Wednesday morning, and then I was even more pissed. Then I was feeling really good Thursday night, but last night I was down on them again. Today? I think this season might be alright after all.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2010, 09:02:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 10, 2010, 03:43:35 PM
This team's just weird. I mean, I felt good about this team Sunday night, then by Monday night I felt pretty shitty. Then I started feeling pretty good again around Wednesday morning, and then I was even more pissed. Then I was feeling really good Thursday night, but last night I was down on them again. Today? I think this season might be alright after all.

It all came down to the 8th inning in every game except the first. If they can somehow sort that part out, they have a chance to be relavent for another 4 months at least. I'd like to see them score a bit more though.