News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Board/card games  ( 8,357 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Board/card games
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
Just wondering what the general consensus is.

Some all-time favorites include Balderdash, Grave Robbers from Outer Space, Bang!, Descent, Munchkin, Lunch Money, and my present favorite -- Arkham Horror.
M'lady.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Board/card games
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
I don't think I've heard of any of those games.  Are you making them up?

For me it's Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit.  As for the rest out there, it's more like bored games, amiright?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 09:40:58 PM
I don't think I've heard of any of those games.  Are you making them up?

For me it's Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit.  As for the rest out there, it's more like bored games, amiright?

Scrabble's fun.  I usually lose. 

For Trivial Pursuit, it takes too long to play with too little happening between the start and finish.  In general the older, classic games kind of bore me (sorry, Monopoly fans). 
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
Risk. Played it over new years with my drunk father who berated my brothers and I the entire time. It was excellent. Not being facetious.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2010, 09:47:37 PM
Risk. Played it over new years with my drunk father who berated my brothers and I the entire time. It was excellent. Not being facetious.

Ever play Axis & Allies?
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:50:25 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 06, 2010, 09:48:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2010, 09:47:37 PM

Ever play Axis & Allies?

A long time ago and very briefly.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »
I only played Risk a couple times but I do remember it being pretty bad-ass.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
Some of my favorites: Scabble, Risk, Battleship, Trivial Pursuit, Scene It (Board or Xbox version),  Clue, Stratego, and Mahjong (the rummy-esque game, not the tile match one).. Speaking of rummy, I usually will play any card game that someone offers up. WAR! (not really, that game gets boring..) But anyway, we do a lot of Hold 'Em, Omaha, Between the Sheets, 3-5-7 (This one takes some balls if you don't set limits), 7 card no peek, to name a few

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »
I love that Yeti misspelled "Scrabble".  Perfect.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »
DPD.

As for card games, I'm up for anything, so long as alcohol is present.  I've grown partial to euchre.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 10:42:23 PM
I love that Yeti misspelled "Scrabble".  Perfect.

Scabble is a very real game in Yeti's town.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:32 AM »
Anyone ever played Hockey? It's truly the finest of drinking card games.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 10:43:30 PM
DPD.

As for card games, I'm up for anything, so long as alcohol is present.  I've grown partial to euchre.

How very Hoosier of you. After 20 years of throwing down, I only enjoy euchre with copious amounts of alcohol. It's mostly a game of luck. Only ridiculous fuckups such as misreading one's hand can offset the almighty shuffle, cut, deal when you get four people together who know what they're doing. So the more you drink, the dumber you play and the more hilarious this game becomes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 10:43:30 PM
DPD.

How very Hoosier of you. After 20 years of throwing down, I only enjoy euchre with copious amounts of alcohol. It's mostly a game of luck. Only ridiculous fuckups such as misreading one's hand can offset the almighty shuffle, cut, deal when you get four people together who know what they're doing. So the more you drink, the dumber you play and the more hilarious this game becomes.

I should point out that I typically get so drunk that I need someone to go over the rules with me every time I play. 
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »
Speaking of SCABBLE, how do you guys handle deciding if a word is real? Do they get to look it up before the put it down? If the put it down and it's wrong, then what? In the world of freedictionary.com, you can find the most obscure words that even Wheezer doesn't know.