News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Board/card games  ( 8,318 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Board/card games
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:18:11 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2010, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 10:43:30 PM
DPD.

As for card games, I'm up for anything, so long as alcohol is present.  I've grown partial to euchre.

How very Hoosier of you. After 20 years of throwing down, I only enjoy euchre with copious amounts of alcohol. It's mostly a game of luck. Only ridiculous fuckups such as misreading one's hand can offset the almighty shuffle, cut, deal when you get four people together who know what they're doing. So the more you drink, the dumber you play and the more hilarious this game becomes.

I should point out that I typically get so drunk that I need someone to go over the rules with me every time I play.  

It's like pro bowling in that the game doesn't actually start until somebody doesn't bowl a strike. Getting euchred is worse than getting your pants pulled down at communion. Me and another dude swept a four-game set from two other dudes last Saturday and we were fucking CLOWNING, son.

Let's play soon. Your wife, does she go?

She's the one that introduced me to it.  It's big with her friends in Michigan.
Yeah, I can't believe how everyone here plays Euchre in Michigan.  The bulk of them have never even tried Hearts or Spades.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
Have I mentioned the game "Bang!"?  It's a card game with three or four character types -- the sheriff, his deputy, the outlaw, and renegade.  You basically "duel" everybody until you meet your objective of victory.  But if you are low on life, don't worry -- fortification comes in the way of drinking beer. 

Not a bad game.

M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
I just remembered that "Ace of Aces" was quite enjoyable.

That, however, is not my point, which is to lament that I've just heard of BattleLore, which cannot be a good development.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 31, 2010, 11:56:22 PM
I just remembered that "Ace of Aces" was quite enjoyable.

That, however, is not my point, which is to lament that I've just heard of BattleLore, which cannot be a good development.

Game's got a pretty good rating.

I'm looking forward to the release of this game, btw.  Hopefully it'll be at GenCon...
M'lady.