News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,085 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 22, 2014, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: Brownie on September 21, 2014, 09:24:20 AM
sonofabitch almost ran me over on Waveland yesterday.

Ha.  I had forgotten that happened. 

I wonder why.

You weren't PAYING THE FUCK ATTENTION.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
Chuck, any chance you want to become a Dodgers fan now that your beloved Andrew Friedman is taking over baseball operations there? Magic Johnson is just hands down a better owner than Tom Ricketts.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #722 on: October 14, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 14, 2014, 01:52:05 PM
Chuck, any chance you want to become a Dodgers fan now that your beloved Andrew Friedman is taking over baseball operations there? Magic Johnson is just hands down a better owner than Tom Ricketts.

You get the Cubs as we think they might be in like five years. Who wouldn't leap at this chance.

Also no one in the national media is going to talk about the Cubs ever again.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2014, 01:55:47 PM

You get the Cubs as we think they might be in like five years. Who wouldn't leap at this chance.

Friedman will get all the free agents now, and Theo will get none.  Nice choice Tom.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #724 on: October 14, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »

I don't think it's guaranteed that Friedman plus $$$ is going to automatically mean the Dodgers will win 110 games every year forever. I have nothing to back this up, but it SEAMS as if moves like this never work out how people expect.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #725 on: October 14, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

I don't think it's guaranteed that Friedman plus $$$ is going to automatically mean the Dodgers will win 110 games every year forever. I have nothing to back this up, but it SEAMS as if moves like this never work out how people expect.

Intrepid Reader: Gordo
Just like getting Theo.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #726 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

No, it's true. Grant Brisbee wrote that smart dudes with money behave a lot like dumb dudes with money. They can now overspend on big names just because they can - even if they really don't want to. Theo did it. DiPoto did it. Friedman will probably do it. It's the rest of the organization that he can have a real impact on. The stuff we've been talking about with the Cubs is all we have - imagine that but buying big name guys to mask it all at the same time.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #727 on: October 14, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »

My LA loyalties are tied to the Angels as one of my groomsmen's dad was the Angels CFO from their founding until they sold to Disney. Wife's family out there are all Yankee fans as they only moved to LA from NYC in 1980.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #728 on: October 14, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 14, 2014, 03:37:52 PM
My LA loyalties are tied to the Angels as one of my groomsmen's dad was the Angels CFO from their founding until they sold to Disney.

Sorry, but this is so terribly Jew.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #729 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 14, 2014, 03:44:53 PM
My LA loyalties are tied to the Angels as one of my groomsmen's dad was the Angels CFO from their founding until they sold to Disney.

You left out the second sentence.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #730 on: October 14, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
So Friedman will be running the Dodgers. You had to expect that at some point a money team would offer him the world to bring him in and handle their investment. Sure, it would have been better for the Cubs if an American League team had done it. But I'm pretty sure every team in the National league has been watching Jepstink and are now facing the reality that trips to Wrigley Field won't be pleasant for the next decade or so.

Friedman's challenge will be handling player development without the advantage the Cubs had by getting top-tier draft picks for years. That's not to say he can't. But when there's always a Bryant or Schwarber on the board, it makes it a whole lot easier.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #731 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »

He's not.  Well, half.  But his dad was not that half.  So, technically he is, but he keeps a green pagan pine plant in his house in December.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #732 on: October 14, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 14, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

He's not.  Well, half.  But his dad was not that half.  So, technically he is, but he keeps a green pagan pine plant in his house in December.

I think he's referring to you.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #733 on: October 14, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #734 on: October 14, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 14, 2014, 07:28:38 PM

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

Hanley, Hanley, and probably Hanley.