News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,086 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #735 on: October 14, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2014, 07:46:53 PM
Quote from: Shooter on October 14, 2014, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 14, 2014, 01:52:05 PM
Chuck, any chance you want to become a Dodgers fan now that your beloved Andrew Friedman is taking over baseball operations there? Magic Johnson is just hands down a better owner than Tom Ricketts.

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

Hanley, Hanley, and probably Hanley.

My darkhorse is that Chuck would find a way to hate Clayton Kershaw.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #736 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2014, 09:18:29 PM
Chuck, any chance you want to become a Dodgers fan now that your beloved Andrew Friedman is taking over baseball operations there? Magic Johnson is just hands down a better owner than Tom Ricketts.

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

Well he said this:
QuoteAs noted, Cub fans should be proud of themselves for not only failing to cheer the team for a "successful" season as they left the field on Saturday, but actually booing the pathetic play of the star performers: Alfonso Soriano, Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez.

After a three game playoff sample size in 2007, so I have no trouble seeing him roast Clayton for his postseason shortcomings
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #737 on: October 14, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2014, 09:43:44 PM

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

Well he said this:
QuoteAs noted, Cub fans should be proud of themselves for not only failing to cheer the team for a "successful" season as they left the field on Saturday, but actually booing the pathetic play of the star performers: Alfonso Soriano, Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez.

After a three game playoff sample size in 2007, so I have no trouble seeing him roast Clayton for his postseason shortcomings

Fucking hell, Internet Chuck.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #738 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »

Which massively overpaid Dodger would become the new Soriano?  They've go so many to choose from. And Yasiel Puig's base running and other assorted boneheadery would make his head explode.

Strikeouts and shutouts are selfish.

Seriously, though -- it's definitely Hanley.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #739 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
Strikeouts and shutouts are selfish.

I believe the term is "fascist." Ground balls are more "democratic."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #740 on: October 17, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
Dempster and DeRosa at the Cubs Convention

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #741 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

Still not going

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #742 on: October 17, 2014, 02:09:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

The convention really isn't for us.  It's for simpletons like Al who will tell their grandkids until the day they die about the time they related a mildly amusing anecdote to Dempster and DeRosa and both Cubs legends chortled.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #743 on: October 17, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »
Is there any other player that has made a bigger, dumber impression on the fanbase in a shorter amount of time than DeRo the HeRo? Good god. 6th or 7th most useful player on two fruitless playoff teams. This is like Bears fans freaking out over Tom Wad---ohhhhhh
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #744 on: October 17, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 17, 2014, 04:20:17 PM
Is there any other player that has made a bigger, dumber impression on the fanbase in a shorter amount of time than DeRo the HeRo? Good god. 6th or 7th most useful player on two fruitless playoff teams. This is like Bears fans freaking out over Tom Wad---ohhhhhh

I liked DeRosa...like I like Fresca!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #745 on: October 17, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 17, 2014, 05:04:16 PM

I liked DeRosa...like I like Fresca!

I heard you go to Corner Bakery because they have Fresca on tap.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #746 on: October 17, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »

There was nothing wrong with DeRosa either. Just because a certain segment of fans overrated him doesn't mean we all need to reflexively underrate him. The guy put up about $29 million of value while getting paid about 1/4 of that. Given that he was basically signed as a bench bat, he was a nice surprise.

And I'd also like to add a pre-emptive, "Huey is not a meatball" based on what I'm sure will be forthcoming.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #747 on: October 17, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 17, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

There was nothing wrong with DeRosa either. Just because a certain segment of fans overrated him doesn't mean we all need to reflexively underrate him. The guy put up about $29 million of value while getting paid about 1/4 of that. Given that he was basically signed as a bench bat, he was a nice surprise.

And I'd also like to add a pre-emptive, "Huey is not a meatball" based on what I'm sure will be forthcoming.

Of course there was nothing wrong with him. He was a useful player. Not the best on those teams by a long shot, but a nice contributor who Hendry, amazingly enough, actually sold high on. I bear him no ill will, I just laugh at the fact that a decent contributor on two playoff teams that went nowhere is now a Cubs Legend basically because he had stubble and the appropriate lack of melanin. To again put this in the Bears analogy I speak best it's as odd to me as referring to "Bears Legend Roosevelt Colvin" or something. A nice player, not one you hang onto five years after his last appearance in your team's uniform.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #748 on: October 18, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »

If Jepstink had signed him, he would have gotten flipped for prospects in his first year.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #749 on: October 18, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 18, 2014, 01:47:20 PM

If Jepstink had signed him, he would have gotten flipped for prospects in his first year.

I can't tell if this is a compliment or insult to Jepstink.