News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treme  ( 4,503 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treme
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 30, 2010, 07:36:41 AM

It is a hokey thing to say about a town, but it's never been truer for any other--you can take a person out of New Orleans, but you can never take New Orleans out of the person. 

I dunno, pal. You can say the same thing about Pittsburgh.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:30:08 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 30, 2010, 07:36:41 AMThere are still delapidated homes left behind by folks who just didn't want to come back or didn't have the means to, especially finding free stuff elsewhere.

What kind of free stuff?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 11:10:08 PM »
The John Goodman character reminds me of the doctor who said "Fuck You" to Cheney while Cheney was in town for a photo op.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »
About midway through the last episode I was getting really annoyed at the whole "bring back the projects" shtick they were pushing.  During the second line scene, I turned to my wife and said "I wonder if they'll show a shooting while everybody from the projects is having a good time?"  Sho nuff, pa-pap.  Good balance, there.  It's really a shame that things like that go on...it's far too common.

I really like the Antoine Batiste character.  The scene with him and the Japanese blues enthusiast dude was cool.  Oh, one other thing...the guy named Kermit in the show is a real person.  I think the real person plays himself in the show, too.

"New Awlins niggas will fuck up a wet dream."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »
Biddumpbuhbump.

The second season of THI has been some of the best television I've ever watched. I just wanted to splooge over the entire thing and maintain that David Simon is the best in the business. Can't wait for season 3.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
Bump.

This show rules. If you don't like this show, you're a pudwack and I hope your house gets flooded.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2012, 01:09:55 PM
Bump.

This show rules. If you don't like this show, you're a pudwack and I hope your house gets flooded.

Mrs. Cubbieblue and I are annual visitors to New Orleans and delight in spotting our favorite places and hearing our favorite musicians featured on the show.  However, as a pudwack, I have to admit that there isn't much of a story line.  (We have had some flooding issues in our garage and basement due to Berkeley's antiquated storm drain system.  But that has been fixed in my neighborhood, so if it happens again I will know whom to blame.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 24, 2012, 04:41:17 PM
Bump.

Mrs. Cubbieblue and I are annual visitors to New Orleans and delight in spotting our favorite places and hearing our favorite musicians featured on the show.  However, as a pudwack, I have to admit that there isn't much of a story line.  (We have had some flooding issues in our garage and basement due to Berkeley's antiquated storm drain system.  But that has been fixed in my neighborhood, so if it happens again I will know whom to blame.)

I've never seen the show, but I already lost my house to a hurricane when I was 13, so I think we're even.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »
I rest my case.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »
Bump.

If you misspell pudwhack, you're a pudwhack.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2012, 05:11:30 PM
Bump.

If you misspell pudwhack, you're a pudwhack.

I'm a rapper. I spells shyt who I feelz.