News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Geovany Soto and Penfoe- A Modest Proposal  ( 17,643 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Geovany Soto and Penfoe- A Modest Proposal
« on: April 18, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
We all love the Cubs, even if weekends like this one make us all consider jumping over to FDB2 simply to indulge in the "FIARA JIM HAENDRY!" madness. We all also hope that their young, legitimate hitting prospects (particularly ones that recently won Rookie of the Year) pan out. We all also hate PenFoe.

The simple fact is, after a mere 15 lackluster at-bats, PenFoe decided to cast aside any hope for Soto's 2010 season. Quoth- "SKO, I'm going to tell you something, and you may not want to hear it...Soto sucks." He then demanded that I present a "benchmark" OPS that I would demand of Soto by May 1st in order to consider him a success. I suggested that .775 (for a catcher, not bad) should be the benchmark, but in light of his recent hitting streak (which some of us foresaw), I'm going to say .800 is the bare minimum.

So here is my proposal: from here on out, for every day that young Soto has an OPS at or above .800, I suggest you all hurl that wonderful invective, "Fuck You Pen," here in this thread. I'll go first:

April 18th, 2010- .916 OPS

Fuck You Pen.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Geovany Soto and Penfoe- A Modest Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
As much as I hate the Cubs, I will gladly turn on Penfoe if Soto continues to do well.

FYP.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 18, 2010, 08:59:01 PM
We all love the Cubs, even if weekends like this one make us all consider jumping over to FDB2 simply to indulge in the "FIARA JIM HAENDRY!" madness. We all also hope that their young, legitimate hitting prospects (particularly ones that recently won Rookie of the Year) pan out. We all also hate PenFoe.

The simple fact is, after a mere 15 lackluster at-bats, PenFoe decided to cast aside any hope for Soto's 2010 season. Quoth- "SKO, I'm going to tell you something, and you may not want to hear it...Soto sucks." He then demanded that I present a "benchmark" OPS that I would demand of Soto by May 1st in order to consider him a success. I suggested that .775 (for a catcher, not bad) should be the benchmark, but in light of his recent hitting streak (which some of us foresaw), I'm going to say .800 is the bare minimum.

So here is my proposal: from here on out, for every day that young Soto has an OPS at or above .800, I suggest you all hurl that wonderful invective, "Fuck You Pen," here in this thread. I'll go first:

Fuck You Pen.

So you're not going to propose that we feed on the carcasses of past Cubs catchers?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 18, 2010, 09:25:47 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 18, 2010, 08:59:01 PM

Fuck You Pen.

So you're not going to propose that we feed on the carcasses of past Cubs catchers?

That was plan B.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 07:19:24 AM »
Fuck you, PenFoe.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:48:51 AM »
FYPF
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:58:46 PM »
I'm a big supporter of Soto, regardless, so no matter what happens to our fearless catcher, Fuck You PenFoe.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »
2-2 with an RBI and a walk tonight. Fuck you, Penfoe.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
Who am I to resist an FYP?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
Pen, get fucked in your dumb face.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:55:21 PM »
Currently sucking his way to a .538 OBP and a .979 OPS.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
His on-base is well over .500. Geo ain't the problem.

Suck on that-a one time, Pen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
2-4 with an RBI single. .351 BA , .979 OPS. Fuck you, PenFoe.