News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,044 )

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »
A new era of Cubs baseball, yippie!

O/U -- # of weeks until Carlos Silva gets skewered by a shish-ka-bob spear:  3 weeks 4 days.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
This had better be some kind of one-week thing to "get him back on track".  Otherwise, HATEMOBILE.  The more innings Carlos pitches, the more opportunities to do awesome shit like eject umpires.  If they're going to be this bad at baseball, at least be entertaining about it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
Fuck.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:59:17 PM »
This is brilliant. The Bears and Bulls should do the same thing to shore up weak positions. They could move Cutler to safety and Rose to small forward.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
QuoteCarlos Zamabrano will be shifted to the Cubs' bullpen on Friday.

Shocking, but not a terrible baseball move. Big Z has struggled to keep runners off base in his first three starts of the season and the Cubs' bullpen has been awful in Angel Guzman's absence. Zambrano's stuff, still nasty, should translate well into a setup role. That said, his fantasy value just plummeted through the floor and he will be of little use in non-holds leagues. Carlos Silva will hang onto a rotation spot until his own inevitable collapse.

I want to RAGEANGRYHATE this.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
Which guy is getting his ass shipped to Des Moines to make room for Theodore?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »
This has turned my indifference into anger. So at least I care again. Yay?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 03:57:43 PM
This had better be some kind of one-week thing to "get him back on track".  Otherwise, HATEMOBILE.  The more innings Carlos pitches, the more opportunities to do awesome shit like eject umpires.  If they're going to be this bad at baseball, at least be entertaining about it.

I was going to rip the way he's pitched thus far this season, but I also will note that BABIP against is .423. That means he's been terribly unlucky, right?

I wonder if Lou's just waiting to see if Silva or Gorzelanny shit the bed next week before making a final decision. Zambrano's pitch counts have been sky high. He went 110, 121 and 119 pitches the last three starts. His next scheduled start would have been Sunday. Instead, they'll shift him to the pen over the weekend (he won't be ready to pitch again until Friday anyway, at the earliest), send Samardzija on a bus to Des Moines off the Thornton Quarry, see if Zambrano can be of any service in 2 or 3 games at Miller Park, then see how the Nationals series goes, before making a decision.

The four other starters have been pretty damn good. Zambrano has been the least of the starters.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2010, 04:12:22 PM

Probably Zambrano, after he commits the unforgivable sin of giving up a run in relief.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 21, 2010, 04:19:59 PM
The four other starters have been pretty damn good. Zambrano has been the least of the starters.

Isn't this where one of the statfaggots brings up sample size?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:23:16 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 04:12:06 PM
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 03:57:43 PM
This had better be some kind of one-week thing to "get him back on track".  Otherwise, HATEMOBILE.  The more innings Carlos pitches, the more opportunities to do awesome shit like eject umpires.  If they're going to be this bad at baseball, at least be entertaining about it.

I was going to rip the way he's pitched thus far this season, but I also will note that BABIP against is .423. That means he's been terribly unlucky, right?

I wonder if Lou's just waiting to see if Silva or Gorzelanny shit the bed next week before making a final decision. Zambrano's pitch counts have been sky high. He went 110, 121 and 119 pitches the last three starts. His next scheduled start would have been Sunday. Instead, they'll shift him to the pen over the weekend (he won't be ready to pitch again until Friday anyway, at the earliest), send Samardzija on a bus to Des Moines off the Thornton Quarry, see if Zambrano can be of any service in 2 or 3 games at Miller Park, then see how the Nationals series goes, before making a decision.

Your rationality has no place on the internet.

Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2010, 04:12:22 PM

Probably Zambrano, after he commits the unforgivable sin of giving up a run in relief.

I was guessing Aramis.

Because, what the fuck, right?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 04:25:21 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2010, 04:21:57 PM

Isn't this where one of the statfaggots brings up sample size?

I would.