News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,045 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2010, 04:21:57 PM
Quote from: Brownie on April 21, 2010, 04:19:59 PM
The four other starters have been pretty damn good. Zambrano has been the least of the starters.

Isn't this where one of the statfaggots brings up sample size?

They're right. HOWEVER... I think Piniella's trying to decide if he'd rather have Silva or Gorzelanny. They each get one more start to audition.

Zambrano will have made at least one more start by May 10.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 21, 2010, 04:23:16 PM
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 04:12:06 PM
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

I'm with the part-owner of TJ O'Slaky's. This is not permanent. Although I'm hoping for a report detailing the damage that Carlos does the clubhouse when he finally lets this news sink in.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 21, 2010, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2010, 04:21:57 PM
The four other starters have been pretty damn good. Zambrano has been the least of the starters.

Isn't this where one of the statfaggots brings up sample size?

They're right. HOWEVER... I think Piniella's trying to decide if he'd rather have Silva or Gorzelanny. They each get one more start to audition.

Zambrano will have made at least one more start by May 10.

I hope you're right. Because if you're not, Lou has lost it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 04:27:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 21, 2010, 04:26:11 PM
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

I'm with the part-owner of TJ O'Slaky's. This is not permanent. Although I'm hoping for a report detailing the damage that Carlos does the clubhouse when he finally lets this news sink in.

Rationality or not, I still hate this team with the white hot fire of a thousand HUEYS.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »

I'm with the part-owner of TJ O'Slaky's. This is not permanent. Although I'm hoping for a report detailing the damage that Carlos does the clubhouse when he finally lets this news the lost plate appearances sink in.

Someone order up another box of bats and a femur x-ray for Z'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
That means he's been terribly unlucky, right?

Z did get screwed by definitely a few infield squib hits. 
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
If he can't perform out of the bullpen, we should just put him down...  Like a horse.  Except this would be crazy glue.  AMIRIGHT?  

Who needs trade value for when we blow up this entire f'ing organization in June?  Trade the beer guys, sell slots in the rotation to stubhub, let's just go crazy.  Fuck it.  

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2010, 04:12:22 PM
Which guy is getting his ass shipped to Des Moines to make room for Theodore?

Probably Zambrano, after he commits the unforgivable sin of giving up a run in relief.

Somebody's gotta go and by all rights it should be Samardzija.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
Jim Hendry should be fired immediately for this nonsense.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

I like this.  It's the only thing you can hang your hat on if you're searching for something non-retarded about this.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »

As opposed to the rigorous Cincinnati-Milwaukee-Houston-Mets stretch they are finishing up.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
So is he a set up man? That's going to work out really well. Is he going to set up for close losses?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 04:40:04 PM

I like this.  It's the only thing you can hang your on if you're looking for something non-retarded about this.

I do too. If Zambrano is ok with it they might as well give it a try. Of course that begs the question of what they do with Silva or Gorzelanny once one - or both of them - starts to suck. Not sure I'd want to see either guy coming out of the pen. Unless the pen belongs to the Brewers.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

I know this isn't permanent. Because the Cubs aren't THAT fucking dumb, right? RIGHT?

Let's assume it is temporary. It's still fucking stupid. I don't care if it's for one week. You're taking a guy who's been one of the most valuable starters in baseball over the last 7 or 8 years and moving him to the goddamn bullpen. It's a dumbfuck reactionary move that would only be made by a dumbfuck reactionary organization.

Whoever said upthread that this move has turned them from indifferent to ANGER is correct.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 04:42:51 PM

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

I know this isn't permanent. Because the Cubs aren't THAT fucking dumb, right? RIGHT?

Let's assume it is temporary. It's still fucking stupid. I don't care if it's for one week. You're taking a guy who's been one of the most valuable starters in baseball over the last 7 or 8 years and moving him to the goddamn bullpen. It's a dumbfuck reactionary move that would only be made by a dumbfuck reactionary organization.

Whoever said upthread that this move has turned them from indifferent to ANGER is correct.

Lets not kid ourselves, the Cubs are that dumb. The good news is that we are closer to Hendry's firing.