News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,054 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 21, 2010, 04:26:11 PM
Quote from: Brownie on April 21, 2010, 04:23:16 PM
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 04:12:06 PM
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

I'm with the part-owner of TJ O'Slaky's. This is not permanent. Although I'm hoping for a report detailing the damage that Carlos does the clubhouse when he finally lets this news sink in.

I know this isn't permanent. Because the Cubs aren't THAT fucking dumb, right? RIGHT?

Let's assume it is temporary. It's still fucking stupid. I don't care if it's for one week. You're taking a guy who's been one of the most valuable starters in baseball over the last 7 or 8 years and moving him to the goddamn bullpen. It's a dumbfuck reactionary move that would only be made by a dumbfuck reactionary organization.

Whoever said upthread that this move has turned them from indifferent to ANGER is correct.

RV's rotting corpse is right!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2010, 04:45:52 PM
This is what happens when the counterintuitive, overly-emotional rantings of Asshhat Nation--Kaplan, Maude et.al-- get taken seriously by the drooling masses.

They're giving 100 innings of Zambrano to Tom Gorzellany?  Wow.  Urge to remaining.  Detached.  Easier.  What a ginormous pair of clown shoes.  I'm laughing right now. These jackasses have really outdone themselves.  And that goes for Dementia Fuckhead Lou.

They're giving 6 innings of Z against Milwaukee to Gorzellany or fatter Carlos.  Again, I'm hoping this is just a calculated move to get Carlos some action the next 10 games, but also avoid another 120-pitch start because the bullpen sucks. I think they're buying time. They're coming into a weak part of the schedule.

I'm with the part-owner of TJ O'Slaky's. This is not permanent. Although I'm hoping for a report detailing the damage that Carlos does the clubhouse when he finally lets this news sink in.

I know this isn't permanent. Because the Cubs aren't THAT fucking dumb, right? RIGHT?

Let's assume it is temporary. It's still fucking stupid. I don't care if it's for one week. You're taking a guy who's been one of the most valuable starters in baseball over the last 7 or 8 years and moving him to the goddamn bullpen. It's a dumbfuck reactionary move that would only be made by a dumbfuck reactionary organization.

Whoever said upthread that this move has turned them from indifferent to ANGER is correct.

I can't wait to see Z overthrow his slider knowing he's only pitching a few innings at most, making his sinker not sink.
This trumps the Juan Pierre trade in stupidity.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »

And it gets better! This move is just a temporary solution until Hendry can sell the fucking farm for that 32 year old tub of lard from San Diego.

Quote"Temporary?" Piniella said. "We're trying to stabliize things and win some baseball games. This will give Jim (Hendry) and the front office more opportunities to hopefully do something (via a trade). If not, this could be not temporary."

Christ. Between Zambrano and Grabow they're going to spend about $23 million this year to get about 2 wins of value.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 21, 2010, 04:52:48 PM

I can't wait to see Z overthrow his slider knowing he's only pitching a few innings at most, making his sinker not sink.
This trumps the Juan Pierre trade in stupidity.

On the bright side, his 99 mph fastballs should get hit spectacularly far. Wait, that's not good either.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
This reminds of when the Phillies put roy halladay in the bullpen this year while lidge was hurt.
Tim Lincecum is gonna be awesome as a setup guy in a few years.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »
This makes it feel so much better.

""I'm confident this will help our situation out," Piniella said, according to the Tribune. "This makes all the sense in the world. This is a significant move, not a panic move.""

Even Better.

""I'm shocked," White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski said on "The Afternoon Saloon" on ESPN 1000, when told of the move. "With a guy with his stuff, you can't believe that would happen.

"The way he has thrown the ball over his career, and all that he has done for that organization, to see that happen ... I've seen that he's thrown the ball not up to what he normally does. He's going to get it turned around. He has a track record. It just surprises me that they would make that move."

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 05:10:14 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 21, 2010, 05:03:43 PM
This makes it feel so much better.

""I'm confident this will help our situation out," Piniella said, according to the Tribune. "This makes all the sense in the world. This is a significant move, not a panic move.""

Even Better.

""I'm shocked," White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski said on "The Afternoon Saloon" on ESPN 1000, when told of the move. "With a guy with his stuff, you can't believe that would happen.

"The way he has thrown the ball over his career, and all that he has done for that organization, to see that happen ... I've seen that he's thrown the ball not up to what he normally does. He's going to get it turned around. He has a track record. It just surprises me that they would make that move."

And now I find myself agreeing with AJ Eyechart. Fuck you Hendry & Piniella.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 21, 2010, 04:39:04 PM
Jim Hendry should be fired immediately for this nonsense.

Which?  There are so many to choose from since 2003.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 21, 2010, 04:45:10 PM
Lets not kid ourselves, the Cubs are that dumb. The good news is that we are closer to Hendry's firing.

Are you sure the Ricketts are not in favor of this?  How do we know they aren't that dumb, either?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 21, 2010, 06:18:30 PM
Lets not kid ourselves, the Cubs are that dumb. The good news is that we are closer to Hendry's firing.

Are you sure the Ricketts are not in favor of this?  How do we know they aren't that dumb, either?

Oh. God. I agree with internet Chuck.

It's entirely possible this team is owned by a family of Yellons.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »

Until I read otherwise I'm considering "the Cubs" as all inclusive.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 06:34:42 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 21, 2010, 06:28:47 PM

Until I read otherwise I'm considering "the Cubs" as all inclusive.

If they are dumb, then we aren't closer to Jim Hendry's firing.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »

What's not to take seriously?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 07:04:56 PM »
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move.
Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the
rotation for the playoffs.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
Like I said before I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this for the short term. But there's no way they can seriously be considering doing this all season, right? Right?

I'm also willing to believe Zambrano is in favor of doing it. If he wasn't there's no way they make the move because he'd fucking kill somebody.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."