News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,051 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 21, 2010, 07:04:56 PM
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move.
Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the
rotation for the playoffs.

Brilliant.  He can spend all season in the bullpen, then be ready to start and throw 55 pitches in the Cubs' first mythical game of the playoffs.

This is the dumbest thing the Cubs have done in years.  Totally indefensible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 21, 2010, 07:33:43 PM
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move.
Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the

Brilliant.  He can spend all season in the bullpen, then be ready to start and throw 55 pitches in the Cubs' first mythical game of the playoffs.

This is the dumbest thing the Cubs have done in years.  Totally indefensible.

And yet I have personally encountered several defenders.

I hate this team.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move. Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the rotation for the playoffs.

Ha.

I'll be goddamned if I don't still love this man.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 21, 2010, 07:49:00 PM
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move. Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the rotation for the playoffs.

Ha.

And yet, I hate this team.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 21, 2010, 07:49:00 PM
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move. Zambrano apparently told them that he was fine with the move, and was willing to stay in the pen for the rest of the season but that he'd made Lou promise him he could go back into the rotation for the playoffs.

Ha.

THI

(in spite it all)

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
The propaganda machine, to no one's surprise, is in full operation already:

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 21, 2010, 07:33:43 PM
On my way home from work, I heard Paul Sullivan on with Boers and Bernstein.  After describing the move as "insane", Sullivan said that the reporters got to talk to Zambrano about the move.

Brilliant.  He can spend all season in the bullpen, then be ready to start and throw 55 pitches in the Cubs' first mythical game of the playoffs.

This is the dumbest thing the Cubs have done in years.  Totally indefensible.

My first thought went back to the College of Coaches, which was, at the time, an epic embarassment.  Good thing for Stew he could hide out in Cali.  Still, in 7 decades of fail, if this thing were to last longer than a month--and I'm pretty sure it won't but of course I'm not trusting anything right now--it'd rank up there.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »
Cubs pinch-hitters are only batting .130 this season. When is D Lee going to be benched and named the primary PH?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »
Just in case you haven't decided which side you're on yet:

Quote from: Al Yellon, King of the SimpsGood. I'm all for this. Discuss. I'll delay the pregame post until 5:00 CDT again.

Time to celebrate!  Push back that pregame post!  Lou Piniella GETS IT.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 08:24:04 PM

Quote from: Al Yellon, King of the SimpsGood. I'm all for this. Discuss. I'll delay the pregame post until 5:00 CDT again.

Fire up the TARDWAGON.  Anyone got a pic?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 08:28:21 PM
Quote from: Day Man on April 21, 2010, 08:24:04 PM

Fire up the TARDWAGON.  Anyone got a pic?

Google disappoints.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 04:54:40 PM

And it gets better! This move is just a temporary solution until Hendry can sell the fucking farm for that 32 year old tub of lard from San Diego.

Quote"Temporary?" Piniella said. "We're trying to stabliize things and win some baseball games. This will give Jim (Hendry) and the front office more opportunities to hopefully do something (via a trade). If not, this could be not temporary."

Christ. Between Zambrano and Grabow they're going to spend about $23 million this year to get about 2 wins of value.
They need to take away Hendry's phone and give him one that has only Wrigley-area restaurant numbers programmed in before he does something that inflicts more long-term damage.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »
I just learned that because the Cubs are winning today, I'm an idiot for hating this move.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2010, 09:21:23 PM
I just learned that because the Cubs are winning today, I'm an idiot for hating this move.

Who in Fuck's name do you commiserate with?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 21, 2010, 09:26:56 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2010, 09:21:23 PM

Who in Fuck's name do you commiserate with?

Mostly Dr. Scotch.