News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Trader Joe's  ( 7,018 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Trader Joe's
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:24:03 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 18, 2010, 12:18:47 PM
Quote from: Fork on May 18, 2010, 12:11:07 PM
Quote from: BH on May 18, 2010, 11:53:25 AM
Trader Joe's saves costs by packaging the food themselves with their own labels, is that how they are cheaper?

That, and slave labor.

Also... it's people! Trader Joe's Verde Chicken Burritos are made out of people!

I guess I'm going to be eating people in about 10 minutes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 18, 2010, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 18, 2010, 12:18:47 PM
Quote from: Fork on May 18, 2010, 12:11:07 PM
Trader Joe's saves costs by packaging the food themselves with their own labels, is that how they are cheaper?

That, and slave labor.

Also... it's people! Trader Joe's Verde Chicken Burritos are made out of people!

I guess I'm going to be eating people in about 10 minutes.

Eat me.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

Gordon Biersch bottles their beer, at least the Hefweissen
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »
Suck it, PenSnob.

QuoteFormer executives say that Trader Joe's wants neither its shoppers nor its competitors to know who's making its products. And many suppliers aren't that keen on consumers knowing that they produce a lower-cost version for Trader Joe's either. Take Tasty Bite, which makes much of Trader Joe's Indian food. The Tasty Bite Punjab Eggplant ran $3.39 at a Whole Foods in Manhattan. The seemingly identical Punjab Eggplant that the Stamford, Conn., company makes for Trader Joe's is more than $1 cheaper.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 26, 2010, 12:37:22 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

QuoteFormer executives say that Trader Joe's wants neither its shoppers nor its competitors to know who's making its products. And many suppliers aren't that keen on consumers knowing that they produce a lower-cost version for Trader Joe's either. Take Tasty Bite, which makes much of Trader Joe's Indian food. The Tasty Bite Punjab Eggplant ran $3.39 at a Whole Foods in Manhattan. The seemingly identical Punjab Eggplant that the Stamford, Conn., company makes for Trader Joe's is more than $1 cheaper.

So it's actually identical or seemingly identical?
I guess we don't know since Trader Joe's wants to keep its manufacturing a big, dirty secret.

Regardless, "Tasty Bite Punjab Eggplant"?
I'm not eating that.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 26, 2010, 12:43:02 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

I guess we don't know since Trader Joe's wants to keep its manufacturing a big, dirty secret.

I'm not eating that.

TDubbs would.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 26, 2010, 12:44:20 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

I'm not eating that.

TDubbs would.

Of course he would, TDubbs is a huge fan of Geronimo's.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
Suck it, PenSnob.

They don't manufacture food. They sell it. Unless I'm confused about how grocery stores work.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 26, 2010, 12:46:50 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

They don't manufacture food. They sell it. Unless I'm confused about how grocery stores work.

Your original post says they don't want to tell you who manufactures their food that they are selling.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 26, 2010, 12:49:32 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

Your original post says they don't want to tell you who manufactures their food that they are selling.

Fair enough. So how do you know how all the stuff at Whole Foods is manufactured?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 26, 2010, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 26, 2010, 12:49:32 PM
Suck it, PenSnob.

Fair enough. So how do you know how all the stuff at Whole Foods is manufactured?

They tell you where all the fresh produce and meat is from-specific farms even (especially if they're local).
I know I get most of my poultry from here.

I don't know where a lot of the boxed/canned goods are from, but we really don't but much of that stuff.
I would suspect I wouldn't be too pleased if I knew the specifics.

If you want to know who brews TJ's beers.