News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Summer Shows in Chicago  ( 20,348 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Summer Shows in Chicago
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 28, 2010, 03:46:04 PM
Crossroads this past Saturday was incredible. Minus Johnny Winter and BB King, which was a bit depressing. And Jimmie Vaughn, who isn't very good. But seeing all those legends in 1 day was a great experience. I got to see Hubert Sumlin live, that made the day alone. The Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Warren Hayes songs were so good. Finally seeing ZZ Top live made it for me. Still cool. Johnny Lang had the best solo, when dueling with Buddy Guy. Even the john mayer trio were outstanding, probably the tightest rhythm section all day, but you'd expect that with pino palladino playing bass. He played some hendrix covers, not your body is a wonderland crap. Jeff Beck is odd, but gets sounds out of a guitar I've never heard before, could have been the metal arm bands. Rhonda Smith is a monster on bass.

Am I the only one that thinks clapton is a bit boring and unpredictable? I thought his set, minus the steve winwood stuff, was drab and dragged out. All star jams with more than 3 people always suck, and this one was no different.

This concert made me feel really young. Will definitely go next year, Clapton hinted that they'd have another year.

Clapton is the worst. That 57 Chevy song piece of shit sealed it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 04:04:56 PM
Am I the only one that thinks clapton is a bit boring...

Easy listening music for white Boomers who've given up cocaine.

Boring as dick.
But then, I only qualify for 2 out of 3 of the above.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 06:19:10 PM

Boring as dick.

Don't be hard on yourself, cocaine is a hard habit to kick.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »
Crossroads this past Saturday was incredible. Minus Johnny Winter and BB King, which was a bit depressing. And Jimmie Vaughn, who isn't very good. But seeing all those legends in 1 day was a great experience. I got to see Hubert Sumlin live, that made the day alone. The Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Warren Hayes songs were so good. Finally seeing ZZ Top live made it for me. Still cool. Johnny Lang had the best solo, when dueling with Buddy Guy. Even the john mayer trio were outstanding, probably the tightest rhythm section all day, but you'd expect that with pino palladino playing bass. He played some hendrix covers, not your body is a wonderland crap. Jeff Beck is odd, but gets sounds out of a guitar I've never heard before, could have been the metal arm bands. Rhonda Smith is a monster on bass.

Am I the only one that thinks clapton is a bit boring and unpredictable? I thought his set, minus the steve winwood stuff, was drab and dragged out. All star jams with more than 3 people always suck, and this one was no different.

This concert made me feel really young. Will definitely go next year, Clapton hinted that they'd have another year.

Clapton sucks, yet "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is probably my favorite song.  What a conundrum!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 10:01:42 PM

Clapton sucks, yet "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is probably my favorite song.  What a conundrum!

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was written by George Harrison.

Conundrum solved!

(Ignore the man behind the curtain.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 10:04:49 PM

Clapton sucks, yet "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is probably my favorite song.  What a conundrum!

Conundrum solved!

I know, but it was Clapton's sweet guitar licks that made the song.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 10:04:49 PM

Conundrum solved!

I know, but it was Clapton's sweet guitar licks that made the song.

Clapton was good on cocaine.  When HE was on cocaine.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 07:14:42 AM »

Boring as dick.

Listening to Clapton on the album he did with John Mayall will dissuade you from this notion.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 29, 2010, 07:14:42 AM

Boring as dick.

Listening to Clapton on the album he did with John Mayall will dissuade you from this notion.

Sorry, I should have qualified. I was only referring to solo clapton. Band clapton was good.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 04:00:24 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 29, 2010, 08:23:32 AM

Boring as dick.

Sorry, I should have qualified. I was only referring to solo clapton. Band clapton was good.

You mean you don't like the unplugged version of "Layla"?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 29, 2010, 04:00:24 PM

Boring as dick.

That's right. I don't.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 29, 2010, 04:06:33 PM

Boring as dick.

That's right. I don't.

Quoteeric clapton sucks
eric clapton sucks
eric clapton's gay
and he's fucking gay

your father's the 4th worst songwriter, after springsteen, seger and petty
you were sick of his gay fucking songs, so you jumped out a really high up window

you knew you'd get beaten up in school because your dad's songs sucked so bad
you were sick of hearing "you look wonderful tonight," so you jumped out a really high up window
sometimes i wish you didn't die because i hate that song "tears in heaven"
i was glad you died until he wrote that song
and kevin sharp is gay
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »
I'd like to get on thie Eric Clapton hatewagon if there's room.  He sucks and I like a lot of shitty, old music. 

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 02, 2010, 11:30:36 AM
I'd like to get on thie Eric Clapton hatewagon if there's room.  He sucks and I like a lot of shitty, old music. 

Oh, I will ride a RAGE-POWERED SIDECAR OF ANGRY on that HATEWAGON.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 29, 2010, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: BH on June 29, 2010, 04:06:33 PM

Boring as dick.

That's right. I don't.

Quoteeric clapton sucks
eric clapton sucks
eric clapton's gay
and he's fucking gay

your father's the 4th worst songwriter, after springsteen, seger and petty
you were sick of his gay fucking songs, so you jumped out a really high up window

you knew you'd get beaten up in school because your dad's songs sucked so bad
you were sick of hearing "you look wonderful tonight," so you jumped out a really high up window
sometimes i wish you didn't die because i hate that song "tears in heaven"
i was glad you died until he wrote that song
and kevin sharp is gay

That's awesome, but I'm pretty sure Clapton didn't even write "Tears in Heaven".  That's how much he sucks.  He couldn't even write his own sad song for his own dead child.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)