News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Draft Thread  ( 17,095 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs Draft Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 11, 2012, 02:56:36 PM
Quote from: R-V on June 11, 2012, 02:50:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 11, 2012, 02:13:32 PMChuck is very happy with the Soler deal. So you know it sucks.

I'm having a hard time following what people are so butthurt about on Twitter. From what I can gather?

1. Cubs sign Soler
2. Cubs fans who I can't identify because I try not to follow morons on Twitter, think Soler is a LOCK for awesomeness.
3. Reasonable Cubs fans get butthurt.

Is there something wrong with having a positive about this signing? Who the fuck cares if there are idiots with unreasonable expectations?

I'm very busy at work. When you figure out what I'm supposed to be butthurt about can you PM me? Thanks!

I've never known you to have any trouble deciding what to be butthurt about.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 11, 2012, 03:05:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 11, 2012, 02:13:32 PMChuck is very happy with the Soler deal. So you know it sucks.

I'm having a hard time following what people are so butthurt about on Twitter. From what I can gather?

1. Cubs sign Soler
2. Cubs fans who I can't identify because I try not to follow morons on Twitter, think Soler is a LOCK for awesomeness.

Is there something wrong with having a positive about this signing? Who the fuck cares if there are idiots with unreasonable expectations?

Those idiots will pressure the front office by calling Epstink and demanding that Soler be rushed to the majors to save the season.

I've been on hold with his secretary since I heard about this.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 03:44:44 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 03:25:29 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 11, 2012, 03:06:10 PM
WORLD SERIES CHAMPS, FEMALE DOGS

1. Cano, 2b
2. Adam Jones, CF
3. Almora, lf
4. Rizzo, 1b
5. Soler, rf
6. McCann, C
7. Baez, 3b
8. Castro, ss

You hate Alfonso Soriano but want Adam Jones to end up here?
Just predicting, not indicating who I like.  I think there are going to be some big free agents signed post 2013. Jones, Cano and McCann are on that list and would, based on today's roster, would fill big holes.

I guess the Cubs could sign Jones when he's a free agent in 2019.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2012, 03:55:09 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 03:44:44 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 03:25:29 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 11, 2012, 03:06:10 PM
WORLD SERIES CHAMPS, FEMALE DOGS

1. Cano, 2b
2. Adam Jones, CF
3. Almora, lf
4. Rizzo, 1b
5. Soler, rf
6. McCann, C
7. Baez, 3b
8. Castro, ss

You hate Alfonso Soriano but want Adam Jones to end up here?
Just predicting, not indicating who I like.  I think there are going to be some big free agents signed post 2013. Jones, Cano and McCann are on that list and would, based on today's roster, would fill big holes.

I guess the Cubs could sign Jones when he's a free agent in 2019.
So, cross him off then!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on June 11, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 11, 2012, 03:05:34 PM

1. Cubs sign Soler

Those idiots will pressure the front office by calling Epstink and demanding that Soler be rushed to the majors to save the season.

I've been on hold with his secretary since I heard about this.

How many fucking meetings can those people have?

(Also: be careful. Sitting on hold on a cellphone for hours at a stretch has been found to be strongly correlated with incidence of some types of cancer.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »

1. Cubs sign Soler

It's called killing my own optimism with over the top criticism. Learn about it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 11, 2012, 05:12:41 PM

1. Cubs sign Soler

It's called killing my own optimism with over the top criticism. Learn about it.

I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:29 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2012, 01:26:29 PM
The Cubs signed Almora before Friday's deadline. /preorders Almora shirsey

Jackson, Almora, and the Domincan INF they signed last week.  Solid.

Castro is 22.
Rizzo is awesome.
Vitters may be good after all.

I don't give a fuck what any of you goofballs think, I'm going to start getting damn excited about this team's future.

I should probably know better.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 09, 2012, 01:35:52 PM

Jackson, Almora, and the Domincan INF they signed last week.  Solid.

Castro is 22.
Rizzo is awesome.

I don't give a fuck what any of you goofballs think, I'm going to start getting damn excited about this team's future.

Not everyone will make those postseason rosters though:

QuoteThe Cubs spent $6 million and a 40-man roster spot on 20-year-old Cuban pitcher Gerardo Concepcion, but scouts who have seen him pitch in the Class A Midwest League have come away totally unimpressed. "They're trying to tell people it's just mechanics that he needs to get straightened out," one scout said. "But I'm telling you, he stinks. If he was in a junior college game you were at, you'd leave." Concepcion is 2-6 with a 7.39 ERA in 12 starts for Peoria.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2012, 02:19:39 PM

Jackson, Almora, and the Domincan INF they signed last week.  Solid.

Castro is 22.
Rizzo is awesome.

QuoteThe Cubs spent $6 million and a 40-man roster spot on 20-year-old Cuban pitcher Gerardo Concepcion, but scouts who have seen him pitch in the Class A Midwest League have come away totally unimpressed. "They're trying to tell people it's just mechanics that he needs to get straightened out," one scout said. "But I'm telling you, he stinks. If he was in a junior college game you were at, you'd leave." Concepcion is 2-6 with a 7.39 ERA in 12 starts for Peoria.

ConcEpstink is terrible.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2012, 02:21:05 PM

Castro is 22.
Rizzo is awesome.

ConcEpstink is terrible.

Shocking news, given his amazing scouting report.

"Concepcion is 6-foot-2 with long arms, sloped shoulders and an athletic wiry frame. According to Baseball America, Concepcion is advanced to his age and can locate his fastball to both sides of the plate ... but he does not possess the stuff to miss bats.

Concepcion throws a fastball that ranges anywhere from 86-92 MPH and features a mid-70s curveball that shows good depth at times but can get loopy. Concepcion also features a change-up that some have called a splitter ... either pitch is consider a work in progress.

Some think Concepcion might end up a fourth or fifth starter in a big league rotation."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 10, 2012, 08:27:56 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2012, 02:21:05 PM

Castro is 22.
Rizzo is awesome.

ConcEpstink is terrible.

Shocking news, given his amazing scouting report.

"Concepcion is 6-foot-2 with long arms, sloped shoulders and an athletic wiry frame. According to Baseball America, Concepcion is advanced to his age and can locate his fastball to both sides of the plate ... but he does not possess the stuff to miss bats.

Concepcion throws a fastball that ranges anywhere from 86-92 MPH and features a mid-70s curveball that shows good depth at times but can get loopy. Concepcion also features a change-up that some have called a splitter ... either pitch is consider a work in progress.

Some think Concepcion might end up a fourth or fifth starter in a big league rotation."

He's not even pitching up to that half-empty projection. More like left-handed and Cuban Casey Coleman.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
DPD.  The Fighting Illini baseball powerhouse has another prospect on the way.