News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,481 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »
Square cut, strip cut, radial cut, or anything in between -- I'd eat that pizza.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:05 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2010, 07:57:48 PM
As a devout pizzaphile I'm just going to THI every post in this thread. Even the Domino's and Little Caesars. That shit still hits in a pinch. I've been getting mine from Panino's Pizza at Halsted and Waveland lately. It's titballs. Nothing special and gourmet about it just good ingredients and the grilled calamari made me cum a drop. I took my entire family to Chicago's on Lincoln and whatever the fuck when they were in town last month and they all agreed it was the best deep dish pizza they'd ever had. But what the fuck do we know? Long live this baddass thread. 

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 17, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
As a devout pizzaphile I'm just going to THI every post in this thread. Even the Domino's and Little Caesars. That shit still hits in a pinch. I've been getting mine from Panino's Pizza at Halsted and Waveland lately. It's titballs. Nothing special and gourmet about it just good ingredients and the grilled calamari made me cum a drop. I took my entire family to Chicago's on Lincoln and whatever the fuck when they were in town last month and they all agreed it was the best deep dish pizza they'd ever had. But what the fuck do we know? Long live this baddass thread. 

I'm weird and gross.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 18, 2015, 10:57:32 AM

I was actually validating.  The line about the cheap-assed pizza calls to mind the old forknut of pizza being like blow jobs even when it's bad it's good.

I'm weird and gross.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 18, 2015, 11:06:31 AM

I was actually validating.  The line about the cheap-assed pizza calls to mind the old forknut of pizza being like blow jobs even when it's bad it's good.

I'm weird and gross.

Loor and I are very impressed.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 18, 2015, 11:07:21 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 18, 2015, 11:06:31 AM

I'm weird and gross.

Loor and I are very impressed.

Wow.  That was like right on que...

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »
But seriously...pizza in any form rules.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2015, 01:14:03 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 05, 2015, 09:50:41 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 05, 2015, 02:42:06 PM
Quote from: PANK! on February 05, 2015, 02:24:49 PM
Quote from: Bonk on February 05, 2015, 01:40:58 PM
I'm coming up for the hockey game at Soldier Field and was thinking about hitting Burt's. Is that worth a special trip, and assuming it is, is it recommended to call a day in advance or two?

Also, the stuff they call pizza here in Ohio sucks balls.

Never been, heard great things.  I believe it's order-ahead-but-dine-in or at least DON'T show up without a "reservation".  But I've heard great things about the pizza.

Reservations are definitely mandatory (that is: not just super duper recommended, but required), as is ordering ahead.

Empty tables or no, Burt will turn you away at the door if you don't have a reso. (He may well even direct you directly into the arms of the Pequod's right around the corner, where you'll find some pretty damn similar pizza.)

But the pizza is good, and probably worth the hassle. And, honestly, if you have the time to plan ahead, the order-ahead thing actually makes the experience better. Your pizza should be ready shortly after you sit down, as opposed to Pequod's (or any number of other places) where you might wait 30 minutes to an hour for a table and then another 45+ minutes for your pizza.

Burt has had health issues lately and he closed the restaurant for a few weeks in the early Fall. When you call ahead, let the phone ring multiple times: they have no auto-attendant or answering machine or hot receptionist. You're getting Burt or his wife. When they've decided they've done enough for the day, they'll leave the phone off the hook.

It is a short walk from the Morton Grove Metra station, but in winter weather, just drive up.

Looks like the phone will be staying off the hook for good.

Shame.  Not ever having patronized Burt's will prove to be one of my greatest regrets in life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2015, 09:55:41 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 30, 2015, 01:14:03 PM
I'm coming up for the hockey game at Soldier Field and was thinking about hitting Burt's. Is that worth a special trip, and assuming it is, is it recommended to call a day in advance or two?

Never been, heard great things.  I believe it's order-ahead-but-dine-in or at least DON'T show up without a "reservation".  But I've heard great things about the pizza.

Reservations are definitely mandatory (that is: not just super duper recommended, but required), as is ordering ahead.

Empty tables or no, Burt will turn you away at the door if you don't have a reso. (He may well even direct you directly into the arms of the Pequod's right around the corner, where you'll find some pretty damn similar pizza.)

But the pizza is good, and probably worth the hassle. And, honestly, if you have the time to plan ahead, the order-ahead thing actually makes the experience better. Your pizza should be ready shortly after you sit down, as opposed to Pequod's (or any number of other places) where you might wait 30 minutes to an hour for a table and then another 45+ minutes for your pizza.

Burt has had health issues lately and he closed the restaurant for a few weeks in the early Fall. When you call ahead, let the phone ring multiple times: they have no auto-attendant or answering machine or hot receptionist. You're getting Burt or his wife. When they've decided they've done enough for the day, they'll leave the phone off the hook.

It is a short walk from the Morton Grove Metra station, but in winter weather, just drive up.

Shame.  Not ever having patronized Burt's will prove to be one of my greatest regrets in life.

I liked Burt's, but trust me, you're capable of far larger regrets.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 31, 2015, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 30, 2015, 01:14:03 PM

I liked Burt's, but trust me, you're capable of far larger regrets.

Burt Katz has passed away.

http://patch.com/illinois/evanston/s/fq336/burt-katz-owner-of-burts-place-pizzeria-in-morton-grove-dies?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=obituaries&utm_campaign=alert

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2016, 09:17:54 PM »
RV's future business partner...

http://ktla.com/2016/04/29/pizzeria-creates-pizza-box-made-out-of-pizza/

QuoteIt's a pizza lover's dream come true — a pizza box made out of 100 percent pizza.

Vinnie's Pizzeria in Brooklyn unveiled "the pizza box pizza" Wednesday on social media. It's a traditional New York-style pepperoni pie surrounded by a square pizza that serves as the "pizza box."

"No waste, 100% pizza and 100% delicious," the pizza parlor wrote one Twitter.

QuoteThis wasn't the first time Berthiaume and Vinnie's Pizzeria made headlines. He created a pizza on top of a pizza last year that became a viral sensation.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:52 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 02, 2016, 09:17:54 PM

QuoteIt's a pizza lover's dream come true — a pizza box made out of 100 percent pizza.

Vinnie's Pizzeria in Brooklyn unveiled "the pizza box pizza" Wednesday on social media. It's a traditional New York-style pepperoni pie surrounded by a square pizza that serves as the "pizza box."

QuoteThis wasn't the first time Berthiaume and Vinnie's Pizzeria made headlines. He created a pizza on top of a pizza last year that became a viral sensation.

And it'll get some nice extra dirt seasoning from sitting in the trunk of the delivery guy's Geo Tracker.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 03, 2016, 09:16:52 AM

And it'll get some nice extra dirt seasoning from sitting in the trunk of the delivery guy's Geo Tracker.

Yeah I was thinking about that...the word "sanitary" doesn't exactly leap to mind when considering that thing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2016, 09:47:21 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 03, 2016, 09:35:47 AM

Yeah I was thinking about that...the word "sanitary" doesn't exactly leap to mind when considering that thing.

Of course this asshole is in Williamsburg.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 03, 2016, 09:47:21 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 03, 2016, 09:35:47 AM

Of course this asshole is in Williamsburg New York.

Same shit, different shovel'd.