News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sandberg. Really?  ( 21,075 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Sandberg. Really?
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
Now that the season is over and Piniella has abdicated, the popular outcry is that Sandberg becomes the new field manager.  I wonder if that is the best that the Cubs can do?  Don't get me wrong.  For years I was a major fan of Sandberg, the player.  But it is going to take more than nostalgia to get me to accept that this guy who couldn't put together a coherent sentence of more that six words is the answer that we are looking for.  And don't offer Casey Stengel as the example of an idiot savant who could turn out consistent World Series winners.  My mother-in-law, may she rest in peace knew nothing about baseball, but she could have managed all of those Yankee teams to World Series victories, even if all she did was to stay in her kitchen and bake noodle kugels. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sandberg. Really?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 21, 2010, 05:23:24 PM
Now that the season is over and Piniella has abdicated...

Curious what this refers to, I did a Google news search on Uncle Lou, only to happen upon this...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/18/us/18cncsports.html

QuoteTaking on Stone? Not a Good Move, Piniella
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:48:20 PM »
Now that the season is over and Piniella has abdicated, the popular outcry is that Sandberg becomes the new field manager.  I wonder if that is the best that the Cubs can do?  Don't get me wrong.  For years I was a major fan of Sandberg, the player.  But it is going to take more than nostalgia to get me to accept that this guy who couldn't put together a coherent sentence of more that six words is the answer that we are looking for.  And don't offer Casey Stengel as the example of an idiot savant who could turn out consistent World Series winners.  My mother-in-law, may she rest in peace knew nothing about baseball, but she could have managed all of those Yankee teams to World Series victories, even if all she did was to stay in her kitchen and bake noodle kugels. 

I never liked kugel.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 05:51:14 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2010, 05:48:20 PM

I never liked kugel.

Well, then you're an asshole.

Unless you've only had that horrid sweet one with raisins, because that kind should be condemned to an eternity being ordered around by octogenarian Jewish women complaining that "it's too cold in here" even though the thermostat is set at 82.

Oh, and I vote Brenly.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 21, 2010, 05:51:14 PM

I never liked kugel.

Unless you've only had that horrid sweet one with raisins, because that kind should be condemned to an eternity being ordered around by octogenarian Jewish women complaining that "it's too cold in here" even though the thermostat is set at 82.

Oh, and I vote Brenly.

Joe Girardi!

No wait, we shouldn't want Girardi because he couldn't get along with that fucktard owner in Florida.  Clearly the guy is unstable and can't work well with difficult personalities and will never win a World Series.

Right Chuck?

/never forget

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:43:29 PM »
I never liked kugel.

I've never encountered a particularly good potato kugel. The whole idea seems to be to expand on the weakest attribute of latkes, their siren call to excessive thickness.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:54:57 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 21, 2010, 06:43:29 PM
I never liked kugel.

I've never encountered a particularly good potato kugel. The whole idea seems to be to expand on the weakest attribute of latkes, their siren call to excessive thickness.

Potato kugel also sucks.
I peeled and shredded 10 lbs of potatoes once like a common TEC, and that was the end of that.

Straight-up noodle kugel, not sweet, just thick, eggy and a little greasy.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:11 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 21, 2010, 06:54:57 PM
I never liked kugel.

Potato kugel also sucks.
I peeled and shredded 10 lbs of potatoes once like a common TEC, and that was the end of that.

Try "catering" the latke half of the Latke-Hamentashen Debate with a total of two people and only a six-pack of Ballantine tallboys. I've yet to come across a Hillel kitchen that didn't look like somebody had just suffered a psychotic break.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 08:14:28 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 21, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
I never liked kugel.

Potato kugel also sucks.

Try "catering" the latke half of the Latke-Hamentashen Debate with a total of two people and only a six-pack of Ballantine tallboys. I've yet to come across a Hillel kitchen that didn't look like somebody had just suffered a psychotic break.

My mother used to get a breast of veal and then cut a pocket between the ribs and the meat, and stuff the pocket with a well seasoned (garlic) potato kugel and bake it with onions and olive oil.  Is it any wonder that I now swallow Lipitor like after dinner mints?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
I never liked kugel.

Potato kugel also sucks.

That's it - I've only had sweet kugel with fucking corn flakes on it. I hate it. Is there a savory kugel I didn't know about? I loved my dearly departed grandmother but she's got some explaining to do.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2010, 09:14:53 PM
I never liked kugel.

Potato kugel also sucks.

That's it - I've only had sweet kugel with fucking corn flakes on it. I hate it. Is there a savory kugel I didn't know about? I loved my dearly departed grandmother but she's got some explaining to do.

Now you have a problem with corn flakes?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2010, 06:05:44 PM

I never liked kugel.

Oh, and I vote Brenly.

Joe Girardi!

No wait, we shouldn't want Girardi because he couldn't get along with that fucktard owner in Florida.  Clearly the guy is unstable and can't work well with difficult personalities and will never win a World Series.

Right Chuck?

/never forget

I know I was anti-Girardi (and still am because he is a tad unstable), but I'm not certain I said never.

And noodle kugel is awesome.  Further, corn flakes on it is terrible.  The flakes need to be Tony's THEIR GREAAAAT!!! Frosted variety.  Now we're talking delish.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:55 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 21, 2010, 09:43:22 PM
And noodle kugel is awesome. Further, corn flakes on it is terrible. The flakes need to be Tony's THEIR GREAAAAT!!! Frosted variety.  Now we're talking delish.

Once I was stashed for hours and hours at a Stooges marathon in a gymnasium. Somebody's mom had picked all the Crunch Berries out of boxes and boxes of cereal and then passed them out in quart bags as a pacification device. Have Rocket, Will Travel, at the very least.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 21, 2010, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 21, 2010, 09:43:22 PM
And noodle kugel is awesome. Further, corn flakes on it is terrible. The flakes need to be Tony's THEIR GREAAAAT!!! Frosted variety.  Now we're talking delish.

Once I was stashed for hours and hours at a Stooges marathon in a gymnasium. Somebody's mom had picked all the Crunch Berries out of boxes and boxes of cereal and then passed them out in quart bags as a pacification device. Have Rocket, Will Travel, at the very least.

Crunch Berries are god's gift to me.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
Ryne Sandberg? I'd rather see the Hawk as GM/Manager/Rightfielder/Overall Badass

Only the cubs would make a move this dumb in a year when Joe Madden is possibly on the market.