News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hendry can't possibly be the GM next season, right?  ( 25,887 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Hendry can't possibly be the GM next season, right?
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
He put together a team with the highest payroll in the NL ($144 million) and very little shot of finishing .500. Plus, the team is already on the hook for $103 million for just nine(!) players in 2011.

There is no way he can be given another chance, right?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hendry can't possibly be the GM next season, right?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
Maybe Ricketts will combine the positions and add GM to our Al's boy Crane's responsibilities.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
probably not but with the Beav running the show I expect Mark Grace to be named GM.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:29 AM »
No it will be Sandberg as both GM and Manager.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 08:15:11 AM »
Phil Nevin will be the ex-Cub most suitable for GM.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:08:47 AM »
Piniella gets fired, Sandberg gets a lifetime contract before managing a single big-league game to replace him. Hendry gets fired. His position is swiftly filled by baseball savant and former Playgirl centerfold pin-up -- and former Cub!!! He GETS IT -- Steve Stone. You know it's gonna hai.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
The writing is on the wall, right?  I mean, Sandberg is most probably the next manager.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on June 25, 2010, 09:08:47 AM
Piniella gets fired, Sandberg gets a lifetime contract before managing a single big-league game to replace him. Hendry gets fired. His position is swiftly filled by baseball savant and former Playgirl centerfold pin-up -- and former Cub!!! He GETS IT -- Steve Stone. You know it's gonna hai.

I read this wrong at first and thought it was going to be Marla Collins.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 25, 2010, 09:21:03 AM
The writing is on the wall, right?  I mean, Sandberg is most probably the next manager.

Quick question: but what if Ryno looks at the Cubs, and decides there are better opportunities out there and cares not to be some sacrificial lamb a la Alan Trammel in 2003?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 09:54:09 AM »
I think the original question was a serious one. And a good one.

Man, this whole organization is fucked. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the 12th inning of yesterday's crapfest. They won? Yay. Who gives a shit.

I hope the White Sox sweep them this weekend. Enjoy your BP Cup, scum.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 25, 2010, 09:54:09 AM

Man, this whole organization is fucked. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the 12th inning of yesterday's crapfest. They won? Yay. Who gives a shit.

If Ricketts is operating under the premise that he will axe Hendry at the end of the season, why wait? I know it would have put a crimp in his African safari, but why let a bad employee ruin the product any more?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:26 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 25, 2010, 10:08:23 AM
If Ricketts is operating under the premise that he will axe Hendry at the end of the season, why wait? I know it would have put a crimp in his African safari, but why let a bad employee ruin the product any more?

Because Ricketts doesn't know what he is doing.  Three years of due diligence and 20 years as a fan and he didn't make a move yet.

It took Rocky Wirtz 46 days to hire John McDonough after Wirtz took over the Hawks.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »

I don't know what he's afraid of. But if he was serious about making the Cubs a winner and not just a fan destination he'd clean the front office out and spend money on the best baseball people that can be bought. That's what any of us would do, right?

As it stands, I'd say they're  hoping to distract everyone from the baseball for awhile and hope the Cubs back into enough success to keep everyone happy.

Also, who the fuck goes to Africa in June? Goddamn it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 25, 2010, 10:14:34 AM

I don't know what he's afraid of. But if he was serious about making the Cubs a winner and not just a fan destination he'd clean the front office out and spend money on the best baseball people that can be bought. That's what any of us would do, right?

As it stands, I'd say they're  hoping to distract everyone from the baseball for awhile and hope the Cubs back into enough success to keep everyone happy.

Maybe they're ghey for soccer?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 25, 2010, 10:14:34 AM

He's actually got tickets to the World Cup, but whereas killing (probably) endangered animals is badass, watching soccer is ghey. He's already got a lesbian sister, so they don't want to be seen as Too gay to own an 'Merican sports franchise.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015