News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bill Murray  ( 16,746 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bill Murray
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 09, 2015, 06:54:19 PM
Bump for saying what we all feel.

QuoteBut he also found time for almost everyone who approached him Wednesday, especially if you were a little kid or a pretty girl.

If you were a St. Louis Cardinals fan? Well, maybe not.

Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing.

He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

"Satan's messengers on Earth," was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

"And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,'' he added.

QuoteA few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. "Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid."

How great would watching a Cubs game with Bill Murray be? I don't geek out in the presence of celebrity but sitting in box seats with Bill while the Cubs mercilessly choked the last dying breath out of the Cardinals' dynasty, it would be hard not to. Slak and Neyer's Sworn Enemy Eli are our Twitter bigfoots (bigfeet?), so I'm begging you to make a Desipio/Bill Murray outing happen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:54 PM »

QuoteBut he also found time for almost everyone who approached him Wednesday, especially if you were a little kid or a pretty girl.

Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing.

He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

QuoteA few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. "Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid."

So, honest question that was raised on Twitter today -- do people just choose to ignore Murray cheating on/beating his ex-wife? Did everyone forget about it? Does his general wackiness somehow outweigh it? It does seem like he gets a pass relative to other famous people who are reportedly similarly miserable to be around.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 09, 2015, 07:41:54 PM

So, honest question that was raised on Twitter today -- do people just choose to ignore Murray cheating on/beating his ex-wife? Did everyone forget about it? Does his general wackiness somehow outweigh it? It does seem like he gets a pass relative to other famous people who are reportedly similarly miserable to be around.

I had honestly never heard of this, and now I'm sad.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2015, 07:43:36 PM

Sorry. I actually hadn't until maybe 6 months ago, even though a lot of it came out a while back. Again, it seems weird lots of people haven't heard about it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 09, 2015, 07:51:49 PM

Sorry. I actually hadn't until maybe 6 months ago, even though a lot of it came out a while back. Again, it seems weird lots of people haven't heard about it.

Gasp!

I had either never heard of these allegations or I just suppressed them due to my man-love for Bill.

Warning--do NOT read the comments if you retain even a modicum of hope for humanity.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 09, 2015, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 09, 2015, 07:51:49 PM

Gasp!

I had either never heard of these allegations or I just suppressed them due to my man-love for Bill.

Warning--do NOT read the comments if you retain even a modicum of hope for humanity.

The Superficial comment section can make Reddit look downright civilized sometimes.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2015, 12:21:25 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2015, 07:40:04 PM

How great would watching a Cubs game with Bill Murray be? I don't geek out in the presence of celebrity but sitting in box seats with Bill while the Cubs mercilessly choked the last dying breath out of the Cardinals' dynasty, it would be hard not to. Slak and Neyer's Sworn Enemy Eli are our Twitter bigfoots (bigfeet?), so I'm begging you to make a Desipio/Bill Murray outing happen.

I'm hurt that you didn't mention me. I'm no Slak, but I'm a pretty big wheel at the Twitter Cracker Factory.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2015, 02:38:36 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 10, 2015, 12:21:25 AM

I'm hurt that you didn't mention me. I'm no Slak, but I'm a pretty big wheel at the Twitter Cracker Factory.

I'm sorry I forgot the Desipio Twitter Triumvirate. It won't happen again.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2015, 07:20:12 AM »

Talk to me when you've run a shithead Cardinals fan off Twitter in fewer than 8 hours.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2015, 08:00:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2015, 07:20:12 AM

Talk to me when you've run a shithead Cardinals fan off Twitter in fewer than 8 hours.

Also I don't think Bort posts here nearly enough to be on this Mount Rushmore.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »

Wait a minute, I've got more followers than you!

Related: What the hell is wrong with people?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »

Same here. Thanks for ruining my Friday, Eli.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 10, 2015, 09:18:19 AM

The only person we can believe in anymore is Matt Carpenter.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 10, 2015, 09:25:59 AM

I wish that I understood half of what was going on here
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 10, 2015, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 10, 2015, 09:25:59 AM

I wish that I understood half of what was going on here

No, you don't.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015