News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 57,573 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on October 27, 2014, 10:44:27 AM
Yeah, I don't give enough of a shit about the White Sox to care what their fans think about the Cubs bench coach. I'm not saying it's a horrible move. It's just that there is considerable risk and the media would be all over it trying to pry something out of Ozzie as soon as the team hits a rough patch. That would fire up the meatballs you're hoping to see in physical agony. I'm out on Ozzie.

Thirds on THIS.

I'm all in for Maddon, but Ozzie can stay the fuck away.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on October 28, 2014, 10:43:02 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 27, 2014, 10:44:27 AM
Yeah, I don't give enough of a shit about the White Sox to care what their fans think about the Cubs bench coach. I'm not saying it's a horrible move. It's just that there is considerable risk and the media would be all over it trying to pry something out of Ozzie as soon as the team hits a rough patch. That would fire up the meatballs you're hoping to see in physical agony. I'm out on Ozzie.

Thirds on THIS.

I'm all in for Maddon, but Ozzie can stay the fuck away.

If the Cubs are hiring Maddon to be the Pennant Whisperer, or whatever kind of magician they're going to sell him as, you sure as hell don't hire a media whore like Ozzie to be a bench coach.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
For real, if this is true (and let's assume it is) it's amazing.

Whether he's a much better manager than Renteria or not (or if that's really even possible) the fact that they've landed the best possible and most sought after option speaks volumes about this front office and how they're perceived.  

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Do we still have the Rod Marinelli in Madden glasses photoshop somewhere? I need that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on October 29, 2014, 05:06:11 PM

Whether he's a much better manager than Renteria or not (or if that's really even possible) the fact that they've landed the best possible and most sought after option speaks volumes about this front office and how they're perceived.  

So you're saying he's as good a hire as Dusty Baker or Lou Piniella were?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 30, 2014, 07:49:57 AM

So you're saying he's as good a hire as Dusty Baker or Lou Piniella were?

I'm guessing that's some kind of joke based on Hendry having made two really good managerial hires while he was in charge.

Theo's group has not yet done so. They have now. There are still portions of the fan base who think he's actually sabotaging the big league club and just cashing a check. This will begin the process of shutting them the fuck up.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Whether he's Wannstedt's a much better manager coach than Renteria Ditka or not (or if that's really even possible) the fact that they've landed the best possible and most sought after option speaks volumes about this front office and how they're perceived.  

1993'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I hate Cub fans so, so fucking much.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Really this whole "who can forget Lou Piniella/Dusty Baker haha cubs fans don't get excited you twits" is irritating because it assumes there are any rational Cub fans out there who think a manager alone is a key piece to a winning team. I think it's safe to say we're all more excited because this is a clear indication from the front office that their belief that they can contend in 2015 is more than just words. Joe's a symbol. Nothing more.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Rays led the AL in SH attempts.

LESS OF THAT BUNTING MORE OF THIS BUNTING.

#GEEWHIZTHEOGETTHERIGHTKINDOFBUNTING

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 30, 2014, 09:19:21 AM
Really this whole "who can forget Lou Piniella/Dusty Baker haha cubs fans don't get excited you twits" is irritating because it assumes there are any rational Cub fans out there who think a manager alone is a key piece to a winning team. I think it's safe to say we're all more excited because this is a clear indication from the front office that their belief that they can contend in 2015 is more than just words. Joe's a symbol. Nothing more.

Haha Javy Baez what makes you think he's any better than Korey Patterson haha Jorge Soler what makes you think he's any better than Felix Pie Haha Kris Bryant Gary Scott haha Theo Epstink Andy MacPhail haha Joe Maddon Dusty Piniella hahahahahaha....

The Tribune Company is out. Wrigley Field is a pile of asbestos. The past is the past and other than Javier Baez who the new brass retained at their own pleasure (for now), the current organization has absolutely nothing to do with the past. I think most of the jeering above is coming from insecure Sox fans and "Cub" fans who don't really watch or like baseball all that much.

We can have no pleasure in watching those people eat their words yet. Not for awhile. But I somehow know that's coming. And I can wait a few more months.

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 11:45:10 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 17, 2014, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 17, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
Keeping Smilin' Rick is fine for now, unless they have a shot at a post-Friedman Joe Maddon.

I do think Ricky does good work when it comes to making players feel good and happy. At least he has so far. That is very important. I hope he learns and grows with the on field stuff. I'm not really too interested in seeing them change managers all the time.

Starlin Castro has had 4 managers in his 5 MLB years

Right. Ricky will be here unless the Cubs somehow lose 100 games again next year or there's a player revolt. There's no point in getting worked up over Joe Maddon or anyone else.

Well, we sure look stupid.