News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 57,577 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on October 30, 2014, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 30, 2014, 11:59:26 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on October 30, 2014, 11:54:04 AM
Does this mean Joepstink's going to lure David Price and James Shields here and then trade a sack of balls for a lightly-used BJ Upton?

Whatever Maddon's in-game pros and cons are - it's hard to ignore that adding him to Wrigley, a shitload of young hitting talent, and the chance to touch Jake Arrieta's beard - you got a stew goin baby. Players are going to want to come here again.

I'd put a healthy wager down that the clubhouse renovation will have the biggest impact in getting players to sign or waive their no-trades.

Look at this shit:

Compared to the current clubhouse: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/mdu2boy/2593548881/in/photostream/lightbox/

If you get the chance to do the Wrigley Field Tour, it's pretty cool...once you see the clubhouses, first thing I wondered was, "how the hell did they fit NFL teams in there?"
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2014, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 11:45:10 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 17, 2014, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 17, 2014, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 17, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
Keeping Smilin' Rick is fine for now, unless they have a shot at a post-Friedman Joe Maddon.

I do think Ricky does good work when it comes to making players feel good and happy. At least he has so far. That is very important. I hope he learns and grows with the on field stuff. I'm not really too interested in seeing them change managers all the time.

Starlin Castro has had 4 managers in his 5 MLB years

Right. Ricky will be here unless the Cubs somehow lose 100 games again next year or there's a player revolt. There's no point in getting worked up over Joe Maddon or anyone else.

Well, we sure look stupid.

I don't.  Totally called it.  Sort of.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.  More injustice for Ricky Renteria, who doesn't even merit mention as a qualified minority candidate from Jon Heyman.  This is like Theo's dirty dirty tampering all over again.

(For real though, Rick deserves another shot somewhere.)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?