News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bloodline (Netflix Original)  ( 2,742 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bloodline (Netflix Original)
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
I'm 6 episodes into the season. This show is good...solid. It's nowhere near as good as the juggernaut House of Cards, but the show has some layers and interesting plot lines.

Coach Eric Taylor and the hot chick from Grandma's Boy (Linda Cardellini--she looks older, but still good-looking) are in it with Sissy Spacek. Ben Mendelsohn is amazing as the loser, fuck-up shitbag brother amongst an otherwise squeaky clean family clan--but only on the surface.

So far, it's still hard not to hate Kyle Chandler in anything he does even though he is Coach Taylor in all of his work. Mendelsohn is a superb and even likeable trashbag and the rest of the cast seems to be well-rounded and good in supporting roles.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bloodline (Netflix Original)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 31, 2015, 12:43:14 PM
I'm 6 episodes into the season. This show is good...solid. It's nowhere near as good as the juggernaut House of Cards, but the show has some layers and interesting plot lines.

Coach Eric Taylor and the hot chick from Grandma's Boy (Linda Cardellini--she looks older, but still good-looking) are in it with Sissy Spacek. Ben Mendelsohn is amazing as the loser, fuck-up shitbag brother amongst an otherwise squeaky clean family clan--but only on the surface.

So far, it's still hard not to hate Kyle Chandler in anything he does even though he is Coach Taylor in all of his work. Mendelsohn is a superb and even likeable trashbag and the rest of the cast seems to be well-rounded and good in supporting roles.

Any idea what it's about?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 31, 2015, 01:11:32 PM

Like I said I'm only through 6 episodes, but here goes...I'll try no spoilers.

Danny Rayburn (Mendelsohn) comes home to the Florda Keys where his parents Robert and Sally (Sam Schephard and Sissy Spacek) own and operate an inn. He's obviously the outcast of the family among his two brothers John (Kyle Chandler) and Kevin (Norbert Leo Butz) and sister Meg (Linda Cardellini).

John is a detective in the area and is the golden child, although he doesn't acknowledge it. Kevin is a bit of a roughneck, but he's earning his keep separately and still maintains a rooting interest in his family's business as well. Meg is a successful lawyer. Robert was in the Navy and built the business from nothing. Sally helps run things and is the rock of the family and the Rayburns are an entirely likeable and respected family, as it appears.

The point of the show basically reveals the family's past and skeletons. So far as I can tell, at least.

I'm hooked.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
We're not bad people, but we did a bad thing

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 31, 2015, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 31, 2015, 01:11:32 PM

Like I said I'm only through 6 episodes, but here goes...I'll try no spoilers.

Danny Rayburn (Mendelsohn) comes home to the Florda Keys where his parents Robert and Sally (Sam Schephard and Sissy Spacek) own and operate an inn. He's obviously the outcast of the family among his two brothers John (Kyle Chandler) and Kevin (Norbert Leo Butz) and sister Meg (Linda Cardellini).

John is a detective in the area and is the golden child, although he doesn't acknowledge it. Kevin is a bit of a roughneck, but he's earning his keep separately and still maintains a rooting interest in his family's business as well. Meg is a successful lawyer. Robert was in the Navy and built the business from nothing. Sally helps run things and is the rock of the family and the Rayburns are an entirely likeable and respected family, as it appears.

The point of the show basically reveals the family's past and skeletons. So far as I can tell, at least.

I'm hooked.

We've got about 10 episodes in. It's not too shabby. Once I want to feel bad for Danny, he just shits all over it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »
Just watched the opener. I'm in.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
This show wasn't bad. But I feel like a whole lot of these people's troubles could have been avoided had they every once in a while sat down and had some real conversations about just what the fuck was going on.

"Pretty sure big bro is a psychopath and hooked up with some murderous drug dealers - who by the way might be coming to kill him over a mountain of coke we stole from him. Stay away from Danny, mom and kids. This is very important."