News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mad Men - New Season  ( 40,810 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mad Men - New Season
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2010, 10:06:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2010, 09:25:50 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2010, 09:24:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2010, 07:32:45 AM
It's like the makers of Mad Men decided they no longer liked making the show so they approved the script that would piss off its fans so much that we wouldn't care when they announce that it's not coming back next season. Watching Don slobber all over his secretary for the entire finale while everything at the firm remains completely unsettled? Fuck you.

Ah... Internet Apex Classic™

I wouldn't necessary say it's good to have him back, but it's certainly something.

Did you like the finale?

It was aight. I've learned that this show never really goes where you think it's going to, so much like Bobby Knight's ideal woman, I just sit back and enjoy it.

The season was supposed to answer the question asked at the beginning of the first episode: "Who is Don Draper?" I prefer episodes centered around the firm too, but I don't think it was a complete eephus to spend the episode on Don's personal life. Did he finally make some progress in choosing the anti-Betty, or is it just another impulsive decision that he'll regret in a couple months?

Also, they better not fast forward season five past PregnantJoanBoobs.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »
I guess I should limit my expectations a bit. While this is a show about Don Draper, it has an abundance of captivating characters that I love to follow. So when I see an episode focused almost entirely on Don acting like the total scum drum that he is, I get disgusted. It's a testement to the writers and actors that they've created so many people worth watching, but there just isn't enough screen time to tell all their stories.

That said, I'm sick of Don and wish he'd jump out the window or something.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2010, 09:25:50 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2010, 09:24:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2010, 07:32:45 AM
It's like the makers of Mad Men decided they no longer liked making the show so they approved the script that would piss off its fans so much that we wouldn't care when they announce that it's not coming back next season. Watching Don slobber all over his secretary for the entire finale while everything at the firm remains completely unsettled? Fuck you.

Ah... Internet Apex Classic™

I wouldn't necessary say it's good to have him back, but it's certainly something.

Did you like the finale?

I didn't love it, but I liked it.

The end of this season obviously wasn't nearly as epic as the end of last season. But I think, like in past seasons, it did signal another change in trajectory for the coming season.

A sort of "game-changer," if you will.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
Well this sucks...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/30/arts/television/mad-men-delayed-as-matthew-weiner-and-amc-dispute-contract.html

Quote"Mad Men," the three-time Emmy Award-winning drama, will not return to television until sometime early next year, AMC confirmed on Tuesday, because of a deepening dispute with the show's creator, Matthew Weiner.

In the meantime, fans will have to settle for the public negotiating and the posturing.

AMC, which has showcased "Mad Men" for the last four summers and has benefited mightily from it, has offered Mr. Weiner a three-season deal that would be worth $30 million, according to people with knowledge of the negotiations. But Mr. Weiner is bristling at the channel's proposal to shorten each episode by two minutes (to add commercial time) and to cut the cast budget (to save money). He says the changes would fundamentally make "Mad Men" a "different show."

"I don't understand why, with all of the success of the show, they suddenly need to change it," he said in an interview on Tuesday, the last day of a planned ski vacation.

He added, "All I want to do is continue to make my show, and make it in the way I want to, with the people I want to make it with."

Mr. Weiner would not talk about the specific proposals. But another person with knowledge of the negotiations said AMC had also demanded additional product placement in the episodes. The people spoke only on condition of anonymity because they did not want to impede the negotiations.

Apparently the companies have settled some of their differences. On Tuesday morning — shortly after AMC's proposals for cuts to "Mad Men" were published by Deadline.com and The Daily — the channel said it had authorized Lionsgate to produce Season 5.

"While we are getting a later start than in years past due to ongoing, key noncast negotiations, 'Mad Men' will be back for a fifth season in early 2012," AMC said. "Noncast negotiations" was a reference to Mr. Weiner.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 29, 2011, 10:37:59 PM
Well this sucks...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/30/arts/television/mad-men-delayed-as-matthew-weiner-and-amc-dispute-contract.html

Quote"Mad Men," the three-time Emmy Award-winning drama, will not return to television until sometime early next year, AMC confirmed on Tuesday, because of a deepening dispute with the show's creator, Matthew Weiner.

In the meantime, fans will have to settle for the public negotiating and the posturing.

AMC, which has showcased "Mad Men" for the last four summers and has benefited mightily from it, has offered Mr. Weiner a three-season deal that would be worth $30 million, according to people with knowledge of the negotiations. But Mr. Weiner is bristling at the channel's proposal to shorten each episode by two minutes (to add commercial time) and to cut the cast budget (to save money). He says the changes would fundamentally make "Mad Men" a "different show."

"I don't understand why, with all of the success of the show, they suddenly need to change it," he said in an interview on Tuesday, the last day of a planned ski vacation.

He added, "All I want to do is continue to make my show, and make it in the way I want to, with the people I want to make it with."

Mr. Weiner would not talk about the specific proposals. But another person with knowledge of the negotiations said AMC had also demanded additional product placement in the episodes. The people spoke only on condition of anonymity because they did not want to impede the negotiations.

Apparently the companies have settled some of their differences. On Tuesday morning — shortly after AMC's proposals for cuts to "Mad Men" were published by Deadline.com and The Daily — the channel said it had authorized Lionsgate to produce Season 5.

"While we are getting a later start than in years past due to ongoing, key noncast negotiations, 'Mad Men' will be back for a fifth season in early 2012," AMC said. "Noncast negotiations" was a reference to Mr. Weiner.

It sucks that we have to wait to watch again, but it doesn't suck that Weiner is standing up for his show and trying not to allow AMC to ruin it or at least dillute it. Good for him if he succeeds. And good for me because I hate commericials and gratuitous anything other than female nudity.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 09:09:08 AM
Well this sucks...

It sucks that we have to wait to watch again, but it doesn't suck that Weiner is standing up for his show and trying not to allow AMC to ruin it or at least dillute it. Good for him if he succeeds. And good for me because I hate commericials and gratuitous anything other than female nudity.

I like gratuitous cheese on burgers and pizza.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 30, 2011, 09:25:32 AM
Well this sucks...

I like SPORTS!, SPORTS!, SPORTS!, SPORTS! and SPORTS!

SPORTS AND SPORTS, NOTHING BUT SPORTS!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
Well this sucks...

Provided that that pizza is cut into strips.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 30, 2011, 09:35:39 AM
Well this sucks...

Provided that that pizza is cut into strips.

Yeah, that saying without goes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »
Well this sucks...

Just the fact that you think any amount of cheese on burgers and/or pizza is gratuitous means the terrorists have won.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 23, 2010, 08:56:10 AM
I'm guessing last night's episode was Yeti's all-time favorite.

Well, I have just caught up on the series, and yes, of course it was. I naturally assume it was the "If you're going to do that, Sally, at least do it in private" one since dates posted mean little to me. (Actually, I think my favorite episode, at least of this season, was the Peggy/Don "Suitcase" epsiode. Jesus, that was fantastic)

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2010, 10:17:11 AM
That said, I'm sick of Don and wish he'd jump out the window or something.

No.

EDIT: I expect to see some backlash of some sort from the Peggy front. I've always looked at their relationship as a purely friendship, but she was truly hurt by this new development. I realize this is all from like a year ago, but IT'S NEW TO ME, DAMMIT. (Seriously, it is, I just got done with Tomorrowland about 20 minutes ago)

I am trying to assess what I think about this Draper decision. I mean, I know impulsive and this was a bit extreme. Granted, the Anna thing hit him by getting that ring, and Megan is pretty hot, but it just doesn't go for me. It's weird for him to be all like "Hey, everyone, look at my personal life. I'm getting married to my hot sexretary after banging her on two separate nights in Cali!" but maybe this is the new Don Draper. The very public Don Draper.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
Almost there.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
Caught every episode on Netflix over the last few months.  Of course I have Netflix instead of cable so when it comes back on, I won't  be able to watch. #saddondraper.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs