News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mafia II  ( 1,564 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Mafia II
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:28:32 AM »
The demo went live on Tuesday.  Anybody get a chance to play it?  I think it's pretty solid.  The voice acting is great, the visuals are outstanding, the cover works well, and pretty much most things in the world you'd expect to be destructable or interactive are destructable and interactive.  After playing the demo, I made up my mind to pick it up when it releases August 24.

By the way, if you download the demo (which is fairly short, but you do get 10 minutes between receiving your mission and carrying it out to play around in the city), be sure to check out the magazine lying on your character's bar in his house.  There's also a magazine in the distillery.  There are three more in the demo (50 in the game), but I hadn't had the time to find them yet.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Mafia II
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
I played it.  It's GTA IV 5.  If that type of game is for you, it might be worth a playthrough.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Mafia II
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:17 AM »
I actually loved the first Mafia.  Had a great story and great atmosphere.  I'll get aroudn to playing it, but I'm in no rush.  Too many other games and other shit going on right now.