Desipio Message Board
October 26, 2014, 03:28:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Fine Liquor  (Read 17722 times)
Tonker
Johnny Evers Fan Club

SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2011, 05:38:57 AM »

DPD. But is there anyone here who actually likes Canadian Whiskey? I demand that they step forward and defend this watered down moose piss and present themselves for a public shaming. I've been oiling the pillory for just such an occasion.

Crown Royal is good. What the fuck is wrong with you, you jingoistic dope?

Crown Royal is swill. I feel that it lacks any sort of boldness or flavor that one would associate with whiskey. It is, I agree, the best that they can offer, but I'd never ask for it.

I remembered the existence of Pendleton. I do not condemn the nation's entire offering, I suppose. But I firmly dislike the majority of their soft, smooth whiskeys. Anything that tastes best while mixed with a refreshing glass of Tab is not a whiskey.

You're quite right, of course.  If it's Canadian, it's not a whiskey, it's a whisky.

I don't hate Canadian Club, by the way, even if I wouldn't drink it as it comes.  On ice, it's fine.  As cooking whiskies go, I've had far worse - Cutty Sark, and Johnnie Walker Red, for starters.  Quite how they sell so much of that pish is beyond me.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:14 AM »

DPD. But is there anyone here who actually likes Canadian Whiskey? I demand that they step forward and defend this watered down moose piss and present themselves for a public shaming. I've been oiling the pillory for just such an occasion.

Crown Royal is swill. I feel that it lacks any sort of boldness or flavor that one would associate with whiskey. It is, I agree, the best that they can offer, but I'd never ask for it.

I remembered the existence of Pendleton. I do not condemn the nation's entire offering, I suppose. But I firmly dislike the majority of their soft, smooth whiskeys. Anything that tastes best while mixed with a refreshing glass of Tab is not a whiskey.

You're quite right, of course.  If it's Canadian, it's not a whiskey, it's a whisky.

I don't hate Canadian Club, by the way, even if I wouldn't drink it as it comes.  On ice, it's fine.  As cooking whiskies go, I've had far worse - Cutty Sark, and Johnnie Walker Red, for starters.  Quite how they sell so much of that pish is beyond me.

Cutty Sark is abominable.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Internet Apex
SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Ape X

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

It's worse than Cade McNown.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

It's worse than Cade McNown.

Easy there, chief. Let's not go overboard. Anything that can bring me the euphoria of the drunkenness that I use to Forget Cade McNown, however bitter and painful the process may be, is undoubtedly better than Cade himself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »

My couch folds out...

TIME TO POST!
thehawk
Johnny Evers Fan Club

it actually matters now

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2011, 03:08:21 PM »

Cause nothing says 'fine liquor' like 'made at a former auto-body shop'

And then we will just give them a condescending pat on the head and say "that's nice fellows, but you see, this is the CUBS.  Which mean it actually matters now."
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »

Next Friday, 10/7/11.

Galway Bay.

Malort.

7:00

Hockey.

Stuff your wife won't mind.

TIME TO POST!
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »

Next Friday, 10/7/11.

Galway Bay.

Malort.

Hockey.

Updated.

Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »

Next Friday, 10/7/11.

Galway Bay.

Malort.

Hockey.

Updated.

Well, I'm still drumming at the burlesque house, so I can't make it. No Malort on the rocks for me.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »

Next Friday, 10/7/11.

Galway Bay.

Malort.

Hockey.

Updated.

Well, I'm still drumming at the burlesque house, so I can't make it. No Malort on the rocks for me.

I know that's not a euphemism, but it should be.

TIME TO POST!
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

DPD.

Macallan is hosting tastings in Union Station, 10/18-10/21.

Register here.

TIME TO POST!
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »

TPD.

Fuck Yeah.

TIME TO POST!
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:28 AM »

I just got a taste of Few Spirits' white whiskey and gin for the first time tonight.

I gotta say... I don't get it.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »

I just got a taste of Few Spirits' white whiskey and gin for the first time tonight.

Civic pride, man.

TIME TO POST!
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »

Civic pride, man.

Civic pride at $60 a quart.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: