News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Outsourced  ( 6,226 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Outsourced
« on: August 12, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »
This is going to suck.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Outsourced
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 12, 2010, 10:05:32 PM
This is going to suck.

Is this still essentially replacing Parks & Rec?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 12, 2010, 10:09:06 PM
This is going to suck.

Unfortunately, yes.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »
This is going to suck.

You know what's not going to suck?  Law and Order Los Angeles.

That should have it's own thread.  And it will.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 12, 2010, 10:41:46 PM
This is going to suck.

Unfortunately, yes.

Which means I hate it without having seen a second of it. Nice work, NBC.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 13, 2010, 07:24:30 AM

You'd hate it worse if you saw the previews.  I've seen two jokes in the promos:

1. An Indian guy at the outsourced Indian call center (which is in India) nervously sits with his headset on, coached by his clean-cut, American boss (who signed on for a management job at a new company in the States, only to find out on his first day of work that they want him to manage a call center not in America but -- twist -- IN INDIA!  Instead of declining and finding a new job, he apparently uproots his entire life and moves across the world to a foreign country so he can manage a call center that sells novelty goods).  Anyway, the Indian guy pushes the button on his headset to take his first call ever and says in an extra-Indian accent something like "Thank you for calling, how can I help you?"  After a brief pause, he earnestly describes the clothes he is wearing and then asks what the caller is wearing.  The American boss, who seems to be modeled vaguely on a less-charismatic Michael Bluth, hangs up the phone for him and slowly says, while inhaling through his teeth, "Wrong number." 
2. There is a character named Manmeat. 

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 13, 2010, 08:52:42 AM

You'd hate it worse if you saw the previews.  I've seen two jokes in the promos:

1. An Indian guy at the outsourced Indian call center (which is in India) nervously sits with his headset on, coached by his clean-cut, American boss (who signed on for a management job at a new company in the States, only to find out on his first day of work that they want him to manage a call center not in America but -- twist -- IN INDIA!  Instead of declining and finding a new job, he apparently uproots his entire life and moves across the world to a foreign country so he can manage a call center that sells novelty goods).  Anyway, the Indian guy pushes the button on his headset to take his first call ever and says in an extra-Indian accent something like "Thank you for calling, how can I help you?"  After a brief pause, he earnestly describes the clothes he is wearing and then asks what the caller is wearing.  The American boss, who seems to be modeled vaguely on a less-charismatic Michael Bluth, hangs up the phone for him and slowly says, while inhaling through his teeth, "Wrong number." 

Great. Now I hate life.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »

So? We have TDubbs. I don't see anyone making a Desipio sitcom. We need to get on that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 13, 2010, 09:19:21 AM
So? We have TDubbs. I don't see anyone making a Desipio sitcom. We need to get on that.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=867

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »

I may have chuckled a little

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »
This is going to suck.

Unfortunately, yes.

I already hate it as well. Hopefully, this show will fail miserably and Parks & Rec can get back on quickly.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:16:06 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 13, 2010, 11:12:58 AM
This is going to suck.

Unfortunately, yes.

I already hate it as well. Hopefully, this show will fail miserably and Parks & Rec can get back on quickly.

A. GREED.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »

This sounds kind of like that David Cross pilot if it was sold to NBC and was reworked in to TV cancer.

(Because cancer isn't funny).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »

What it lacked in humor it made up for in delicious racist stereotypes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »
This is going to suck.

Wait, wut?  Did I miss something about Parks and Rec not coming back or something?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"