News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  ( 15,438 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 29, 2010, 10:05:25 AM
I know this has probably been asked and answered already, but I'm considering buying Fallout 3 and this.  I never really played any of the other games, but I have played the Oblivion series.

Anyone here who has played the two and if so, are they comparable?  Would I like Fallout 3 considering my appreciation of Oblivion?

I'll hang up and listen to my answer.

Buy them because they're the best games to come out in years. They said Fallout 3 is like Oblivion with guns - and it is - but it's also Oblivion without all the faggy medieval magic terms and spells and shit. The story is incredible and immersive. They are definitely comparable and you will probably get the hang of Fallout's gameplay in seconds.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 29, 2010, 11:43:23 AM
I know this has probably been asked and answered already, but I'm considering buying Fallout 3 and this.  I never really played any of the other games, but I have played the Oblivion series.

Anyone here who has played the two and if so, are they comparable?  Would I like Fallout 3 considering my appreciation of Oblivion?

Buy them because they're the best games to come out in years. They said Fallout 3 is like Oblivion with guns - and it is - but it's also Oblivion without all the faggy medieval magic terms and spells and shit. The story is incredible and immersive. They are definitely comparable and you will probably get the hang of Fallout's gameplay in seconds.

SOLD!!

Now, does anyone have any thoughts on the new Tiger Woods game for PS3, the Move version?  I've heard good things.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 29, 2010, 11:50:56 AM

SOLD!!

Now, does anyone have any thoughts on the new Tiger Woods game for PS3, the Move version?  I've heard good things.

Be sure to get the expansion packs for Fallout 3. You might be able to buy a disc. If not, just download them. Also, an expansion was released for new Vegas recently

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2010, 03:12:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 29, 2010, 02:48:56 PM

SOLD!!

Be sure to get the expansion packs for Fallout 3. You might be able to buy a disc. If not, just download them. Also, an expansion was released for new Vegas recently

Game of the Year edition has all of them.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 29, 2010, 03:12:51 PM

SOLD!!

You guys were both right.  Outstanding game.  I'm at Level 15 now.  For some reason, the Head of State mission is bugging up.  Specifically, Hamlin does not arrive at the Memorial.  However, I've read that there might be a way around that.

Bugs are the price you pay for a Bethesda game.

When I finish with this, New Vegas is next.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 06:59:48 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 03, 2011, 03:50:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 29, 2010, 03:12:51 PM

SOLD!!

You guys were both right.  Outstanding game.  I'm at Level 15 now.  For some reason, the Head of State mission is bugging up.  Specifically, Hamlin does not arrive at the Memorial.  However, I've read that there might be a way around that.

Bugs are the price you pay for a Bethesda game.

When I finish with this, New Vegas is next.

Yea, I had an issue with that as well. Can't remember if it was in my second game or not. I believe that if you go at a different time of the day he will show up.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »
Ok, NCR, Yes Man, the Legion, or Mr. House? With whom do I side?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 03, 2011, 12:43:51 AM

Damn, I hated making my decision. Btw, I went with YesMan and it was underwhelming, kind of

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 03, 2011, 08:23:46 AM

Damn, I hated making my decision. Btw, I went with YesMan and it was underwhelming, kind of

I think I'm leaning towards NCR right now.  However, I just saw one of their officers shoot a civilian over an insult, so I'm having doubts.

Going with Mr. House sounds kind of appealing.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 03, 2011, 08:43:26 AM

I think I'm leaning towards NCR right now.  However, I just saw one of their officers shoot a civilian over an insult, so I'm having doubts.

At least then you won't have Lupus. [/Bork]
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

I can tell you this - I'm at all out war with the Legion right now and I don't see any way of turning back. I guess I'm aligned with the NCR for now but I don't love 'em. I do like having Boone on my side though and he's an NCR loyalist.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 03, 2011, 09:54:17 AM

I can tell you this - I'm at all out war with the Legion right now and I don't see any way of turning back. I guess I'm aligned with the NCR for now but I don't love 'em. I do like having Boone on my side though and he's an NCR loyalist.

I'm trying to complete as many missions as possible prior to making the final decision about which faction to side with.  When I finish that, I'll probably save and then play through all of the scenarios.

I fully intend, however, to do a complete game being as evil as possible, eventually siding with the Legion.

Side note: the Anti-Materiel Rifle is a beast.  Best. Weapon. Ever.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 03, 2011, 10:13:43 AM

I'm trying to complete as many missions as possible prior to making the final decision about which faction to side with.  When I finish that, I'll probably save and then play through all of the scenarios.

I fully intend, however, to do a complete game being as evil as possible, eventually siding with the Legion.

Fact. However the load time and the amount of AP is absurd to balance it out.

I was trying to do as many side missions as possible. Then I decided to storm Caesar's tent with Boone and at least eight dudes with Power Fists came rushing out of the tent and beat us to pulps. Gonna have to go in a lone, lure them out and find a high place to pick them all off. I might as well just get to it.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 03, 2011, 11:09:31 AM

I was trying to do as many side missions as possible. Then I decided to storm Caesar's tent with Boone and at least eight dudes with Power Fists came rushing out of the tent and beat us to pulps. Gonna have to go in a lone, lure them out and find a high place to pick them all off. I might as well just get to it.

Have you cleared out the quarry with the Deathclaws yet?  That was nearly impossible until I figured out that ED-E, Cass, and myself should take up positions at the zenith of the mill.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 03, 2011, 11:48:06 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 03, 2011, 11:09:31 AM

Have you cleared out the quarry with the Deathclaws yet?  That was nearly impossible until I figured out that ED-E, Cass, and myself should take up positions at the zenith of the mill.

No, but I did know there was a spot you can avoid them. I haven't actually encountered any Deathclaws yet despite being near level 26.