News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: THE EVENT!!!!111!@!  ( 7,896 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: THE EVENT!!!!111!@!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 05:28:10 AM »
This show is legit.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »

It's not very plausible...a Black President? Who'd believe that shit?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
Quote from: Alan SepinwallI wouldn't be surprised if "The Event" does a good rating for its premiere (though given NBC's recent struggles to launch anything, I also wouldn't be surprised if it just holds onto the "Chuck" lead-in audience), nor would I be surprised if viewers are excited at first. Both of those things happened with "FlashForward," too, before everyone got frustrated and turned away. The pilot is a lot of flash and no substance. It wants me to want to find out what the event is, but I don't care, and I imagine within a week or three, neither will most of the audience.

Although Sepinwall isn't intrigued, I am... for now. I'm intrigued to see what's going on, but I can't imagine this show being anything but bad. I don't mind the skipping around, but it just seemed awkward and hectic. Relax a little. I'm sure it will calm as the show progresses... I hope.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 09:17:20 PM
This show will appeal to fans who want to watch scifi but don't want the attendant stigma of watching scifi, which makes this show incredibly shitty scifi.

So, the determining factor of what makes a show "shitty scifi" or not is whether or not the "normals" feel comfortable watching it?

I guess any show that doesn't offer a cultish sense of nerd exclusivity—that doesn't immediately alienate the philistine hoards—lacks that special scifi je ne sais quoi that serves as the social marker of difference Gil apparently needs to validate his identity as a member of the intellectual elite.

So sad.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:29 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 21, 2010, 08:43:32 AM
This show will appeal to fans who want to watch scifi but don't want the attendant stigma of watching scifi, which makes this show incredibly shitty scifi.

So, the determining factor of what makes a show "shitty scifi" or not is whether or not the "normals" feel comfortable watching it?

I guess any show that doesn't offer a cultish sense of nerd exclusivity—that doesn't immediately alienate the philistine hoards—lacks that special scifi je ne sais quoi that serves as the social marker of difference Gil apparently needs to validate his identity as a member of the intellectual elite.

So sad.

That was mostly Crabs bait, but yeah, we'll run with it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 21, 2010, 08:51:29 AM

So sad.

That was mostly Crabs bait, but yeah, we'll run with it. MUST RESIST ERASURE OF BOUNDARY BETWEEN ME AND POP CULTURAL "OTHER" AT ALL COSTS. MY PRECIOUS SHIBBOLETHS (THROUGH WHICH I SIGNAL AND ASSERT MY SENSE OF SUPERIORITY, IF ONLY TO MYSELF) ARE MELTING... MELTING... OH, WHAT A WORLD!

Deflector shields up'd

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 21, 2010, 09:25:56 AM

So sad.

That was mostly Crabs bait, but yeah, we'll run with it. MUST RESIST ERASURE OF BOUNDARY BETWEEN ME AND POP CULTURAL "OTHER" AT ALL COSTS. MY PRECIOUS SHIBBOLETHS (THROUGH WHICH I SIGNAL AND ASSERT MY SENSE OF SUPERIORITY, IF ONLY TO MYSELF) ARE MELTING... MELTING... OH, WHAT A WORLD!

Deflector shields up'd

Ok, let's talk about this show on a serious level.  I'd be happy to entertain your thoughts.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:50 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 21, 2010, 09:33:23 AM

So sad.

Deflector shields up'd

Ok, let's talk about this show on a serious level.  I'd be happy to entertain your thoughts.

I didn't watch this show, but until one of you other bastards buys me a bottle of fine bourbon, Gil here has my vote. Since I defeated PenFoe and sent him off to some kind of Jewish purgatory, I'm casting his vote against this show as well. The verdict is that it sucked like a young Jake Plummer.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 09:47:50 AM

So sad.

Deflector shields up'd

I didn't watch this show, but until one of you other bastards buys me a bottle of fine bourbon, Gil here has my vote. Since I defeated PenFoe and sent him off to some kind of Jewish purgatory, I'm casting his vote against this show as well. The verdict is that it sucked like a young Jake Plummer.

I'm going to join with SKO and Gil out of pure spite and malice (the only true emotions humans feel) towards Lost fans.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 09:47:50 AM

So sad.

Deflector shields up'd

Et tu, SKO.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

So sad.

Deflector shields up'd

I already started it, asshole. Let's discourse.

Quote from: Yeti on September 21, 2010, 08:27:24 AM
Quote from: Alan SepinwallI wouldn't be surprised if "The Event" does a good rating for its premiere (though given NBC's recent struggles to launch anything, I also wouldn't be surprised if it just holds onto the "Chuck" lead-in audience), nor would I be surprised if viewers are excited at first. Both of those things happened with "FlashForward," too, before everyone got frustrated and turned away. The pilot is a lot of flash and no substance. It wants me to want to find out what the event is, but I don't care, and I imagine within a week or three, neither will most of the audience.

Although Sepinwall isn't intrigued, I am... for now. I'm intrigued to see what's going on, but I can't imagine this show being anything but bad. I don't mind the skipping around, but it just seemed awkward and hectic. Relax a little. I'm sure it will calm as the show progresses... I hope.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
FlashForward really is the perfect comparison.

That show sucked.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2010, 08:02:05 AM »
I finally got to watch The Event last night.  The acting is bad.  The president is a black guy named Martinez...IMAGINE THAT!

Anyway, I thought the show was decent enough to keep me in for at least another episode.  I'm thinking it's teh suck, though.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
GAME CHANGED

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 09:19:20 PM
I predict this show will match and surpass NBC's other bold experiment "Kings."

So more than 6 weeks, but less than 12.

Gil was wrong.

Quote from: Ivy6 on October 18, 2010, 05:39:46 PM
Good news, everyone!

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/nbc-gives-full-seasons-to-the-event-outsourced-and-lola

QuoteSinking ratings be darned, NBC has given full-season pick-ups to "The Event," "Law & Order: Los Angeles" and "Outsourced."

Quote..."Outsourced"...has averaged 6.3 million viewers and a 3.0 demo rating.

That's 22 episodes for you number-crunchers out there.