News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 54,922 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 05, 2013, 11:12:28 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2013, 10:56:51 AM
Finally saw the mid season finale.

Anyone else? I suppose I can say what happened since clicking this thread while not being up to date would be almost as dumb as watching this show in the first place.

Anyway it was nice to see shit finally happen. I get that they're trying to make us feel for each character with the long, drawn out episodes leading up to the big showdowns but this pattern just can't continue.

What I've still wanted to see, and maybe I will now that the prison appears to be done for, is the group (whoever the group is going to be going forward) interacting with other survivors or traveling beyond Urinedale, Georgia to see what the fuck else is out there.

Would it be unreasonable to think there's a MASSIVE settlement of human beings somewhere in the Southeast? In the US? There has to be. Find it. Find a way to get there. Let's have a road trip. COME ON.

I think when you watch this show it's best not to expect "reasonable."

Looking forward to two seasons from now when they come across baby Judy crawling out of a barn and Darryl puts a bolt through Li'l Asskicker's skull.

Or they find out she was on the bus the whole time.

Or do we know for a fact she wasn't?

I wish this show was Jericho

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »
So, Desipio... I haven't watched any of this season. Should I have?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2013, 11:29:41 AM

Anyone else? I suppose I can say what happened since clicking this thread while not being up to date would be almost as dumb as watching this show in the first place.

Anyway it was nice to see shit finally happen. I get that they're trying to make us feel for each character with the long, drawn out episodes leading up to the big showdowns but this pattern just can't continue.

What I've still wanted to see, and maybe I will now that the prison appears to be done for, is the group (whoever the group is going to be going forward) interacting with other survivors or traveling beyond Urinedale, Georgia to see what the fuck else is out there.

Would it be unreasonable to think there's a MASSIVE settlement of human beings somewhere in the Southeast? In the US? There has to be. Find it. Find a way to get there. Let's have a road trip. COME ON.

Looking forward to two seasons from now when they come across baby Judy crawling out of a barn and Darryl puts a bolt through Li'l Asskicker's skull.

Not for a fact. I assumed the large amount of blood in the car seat was an indication that she got debrained.

Just thought of something. If the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot it in the brain, but zombies eat brains, then why do the people who get their brains eaten turn into zombies? This goes beyond Walking Dead in to a more general zombie mythos question.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »

I think reading this might give you some of what you're looking for. I've stopped expecting that this show will explore one of the 9,000 interesting storylines that are available in a post-apocalyptic world, but I'll keep hatewatching.

My favorite part of the finale was the lady saying "We've gotta get outta here - that guy just CUT SOME DUDE'S FUCKING HEAD OFF!!" Nice to see one of these hooplehead realize that the Gubner was FUCKING BONKERS and why in god's name were you all hanging out with him.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 05, 2013, 11:44:52 AM

Not for a fact. I assumed the large amount of blood in the car seat was an indication that she got debrained.

Just thought of something. If the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot it in the brain, but zombies eat brains, then why do the people who get their brains eaten turn into zombies? This goes beyond Walking Dead in to a more general zombie mythos question.

I think the fact that "zombies eat brains" is actually not a real part of mainstream zombie mythos is what confuses you. Most zombie stories (Romero, Fulci, Argento, Savini, Walking Dead come to mind) just have them eating flesh, whatever they can grab. The only movie I remember where "BRAAAAAAINS" ever seems to come up is the Return of the Living Dead series, which are super tongue-in-cheek.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 05, 2013, 11:44:40 AM

The show sucks in so many ways but (stealing a line from R-V) I did hatewatch every episode and drive all the other flannj family members crazy because I can't keep my complaining yap shut and bitch about it while everybody else just wishes Dad would shut the fuck up already or just stop watching it for Christ's sake. JESUS!
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 05, 2013, 12:31:21 PM

I think the fact that "zombies eat brains" is actually not a real part of mainstream zombie mythos is what confuses you. Most zombie stories (Romero, Fulci, Argento, Savini, Walking Dead come to mind) just have them eating flesh, whatever they can grab. The only movie I remember where "BRAAAAAAINS" ever seems to come up is the Return of the Living Dead series, which are super tongue-in-cheek.

Alright, if its flesh that they eat, then where the hell do all the zombies with fully formed bodies come from? Since there's a period between when someone dies and when they reanimate, if there's a zombie sitting there pigging out on their flesh and whatnot, wouldn't most carcasses be stripped clean to the point of not being able to walk around and whatever? WHERE ARE ALL THE SKELETON ZOMBIES, BORT?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 05, 2013, 12:39:14 PM

Alright, if its flesh that they eat, then where the hell do all the zombies with fully formed bodies come from? Since there's a period between when someone dies and when they reanimate, if there's a zombie sitting there pigging out on their flesh and whatnot, wouldn't most carcasses be stripped clean to the point of not being able to walk around and whatever? WHERE ARE ALL THE SKELETON ZOMBIES, BORT?

A wizard did it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2013, 05:08:01 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 05, 2013, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 05, 2013, 12:39:14 PM

A wizard did it.

They prefer the term "warlock."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 05, 2013, 12:35:28 PM

The show sucks in so many ways but (stealing a line from R-V) I did hatewatch every episode and drive all the other flannj family members crazy because I can't keep my complaining yap shut and bitch about it while everybody else just wishes Dad would shut the fuck up already or just stop watching it for Christ's sake. JESUS!

So... No, then?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2013, 09:24:01 AM

So... No, then?

I mean, sure? Watch it if you don't mind. I thought the finale was entertaining in that stuff actually happened. I'll keep watching it. Despite all my bitching I don't FULLY hate it.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 06, 2013, 09:30:03 AM

So... No, then?

I mean, sure? Watch it if you don't mind. I thought the finale was entertaining in that stuff actually happened. I'll keep watching it. Despite all my bitching I don't FULLY hate it.

I'll probably also continue watching it. But I don't really get any enjoyment from doing so.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 06, 2013, 09:54:46 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 06, 2013, 09:30:03 AM

So... No, then?

I'll probably also continue watching it. But I don't really get any enjoyment from doing so.

It's like... Maybe the viewers of the show are the real zombies, man.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »
Wait, that was the finale? For some reason, I thought it was supposed to be the penultimate episode.

Synopsis: "We're on a mission from G-d"*

At least Supernatural is still cranking along nicely.

* Per Zap2it, bizarrely: "The mother of all cliffhangers."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 31, 2014, 01:37:56 AM
Wait, that was the finale? For some reason, I thought it was supposed to be the penultimate episode.

Synopsis: "We're on a mission from G-d"*

At least Supernatural is still cranking along nicely.

* Per Zap2it, bizarrely: "The mother of all cliffhangers."

So they all went to Terminus and put them in a train. And now they're going to fight their way out of a train while surrounded by people with weapons who, I assume, are cannibals?