News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 55,039 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2010, 12:18:47 AM »
Quote from: flannj on November 29, 2010, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 29, 2010, 11:34:48 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 29, 2010, 09:27:47 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 29, 2010, 09:22:39 AM
My wife and I were discussing how they're going about "killing" the walkers.  From what I gather about the show, they can't really be killed right?  I mean, they get baseball batted to the head and lay dormant for weeks, then start crawling and walking again.  I did hear Merle's brother say something about "the brain" and "don't you know nothing?" when he shot one of the walkers in the eye with his crossbow.  Does that (getting shot, crossbowed, baseball batted, tomahawked to the head) kill them for good?

I NEED ANSWERS

Have you never heard of a zombie before?

Of course, but I never watched much of anything about them up until now.  I didn't now rules for zombies in one movie/TV show were universal to all zombies in all movie/TV shows.

Bigger picture please

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 30, 2010, 12:18:47 AM
My wife and I were discussing how they're going about "killing" the walkers.  From what I gather about the show, they can't really be killed right?  I mean, they get baseball batted to the head and lay dormant for weeks, then start crawling and walking again.  I did hear Merle's brother say something about "the brain" and "don't you know nothing?" when he shot one of the walkers in the eye with his crossbow.  Does that (getting shot, crossbowed, baseball batted, tomahawked to the head) kill them for good?

I NEED ANSWERS

Of course, but I never watched much of anything about them up until now.  I didn't now rules for zombies in one movie/TV show were universal to all zombies in all movie/TV shows.

Bigger picture please

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 30, 2010, 08:28:13 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 30, 2010, 12:18:47 AM

I NEED ANSWERS

Bigger picture please

Thanks

(channels inner Eli)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/the-walking-dead-lets-go-of-writers-considers-no-writing-staff-for-season-2/

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: I hear The Walking Dead writer/ executive producer/ director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season. That includes Darabont's No. 2, writing executive producer Charles "Chic" Eglee. Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual. What's more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Darabont, who hails from the feature world with The Young Indiana Jones as the only series credit before Walking Dead, ended up writing 2 of the first season's 6 episodes of Walking Dead - the pilot and the second episode - and co-writing/rewriting the other 4. Two of those 4 were written by non-staff writers, one by executive producer Robert Kirkman, on whose comics the series is based, and one by Glen Mazzara. The freelance model is employed by the Starz/BBC series Tourchwood, which in turn borrowed it from the U.K. where the show originated. Having BBC as producer has allowed Torchwood to proceed with no writing staff but I hear such a plan on an U.S.-based network series such as Walking Dead may face issues with the Writers Guild. And, while the first season of Walking Dead was only 6 episodes, its second-season order is for 13, which may prove harder to manage in pre-production, production and post-production with no writing staff. Sources tell me that no final decision has been made yet with all options open, including using some combination of a writing staff/freelances. There is time - AMC is mulling launching Walking Dead's second season the way it did the first one - in October during Fearfest.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 01, 2010, 12:42:39 AM
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/the-walking-dead-lets-go-of-writers-considers-no-writing-staff-for-season-2/

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: I hear The Walking Dead writer/ executive producer/ director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season. That includes Darabont's No. 2, writing executive producer Charles "Chic" Eglee. Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual. What's more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Darabont, who hails from the feature world with The Young Indiana Jones as the only series credit before Walking Dead, ended up writing 2 of the first season's 6 episodes of Walking Dead - the pilot and the second episode - and co-writing/rewriting the other 4. Two of those 4 were written by non-staff writers, one by executive producer Robert Kirkman, on whose comics the series is based, and one by Glen Mazzara. The freelance model is employed by the Starz/BBC series Tourchwood, which in turn borrowed it from the U.K. where the show originated. Having BBC as producer has allowed Torchwood to proceed with no writing staff but I hear such a plan on an U.S.-based network series such as Walking Dead may face issues with the Writers Guild. And, while the first season of Walking Dead was only 6 episodes, its second-season order is for 13, which may prove harder to manage in pre-production, production and post-production with no writing staff. Sources tell me that no final decision has been made yet with all options open, including using some combination of a writing staff/freelances. There is time - AMC is mulling launching Walking Dead's second season the way it did the first one - in October during Fearfest.

Tourchwood? Damn limeys...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 01, 2010, 08:49:16 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 01, 2010, 12:42:39 AM

Tourchwood? Damn limeys...

Perhaps the Canadians have infiltrated that article.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
The best parts of the show in just over a minute.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:48 PM »
I'm not sure what, if anything, to make of the fact that my brain stem was able to recognize a Ms. Pac Man cabinet all by itself.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 01:20:10 AM »
It's back; it's still awesome.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 17, 2011, 01:20:10 AM
It's back; it's still awesome.

Definitely stepped up the gore and creative zombie kills.

It is indeed awesome.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
Kind of a meh episode last night.

Has the group given up on looking for the little girl?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 24, 2011, 10:48:12 AM

Kind of a meh your mom last night.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 24, 2011, 10:48:12 AM

Has the group given up on looking for the little girl?

Thrill can't believe that Boondock Saints shot that zombie from behind just b/c it made a sudden movement
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
Renewed for a third season.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!