News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Oleg's Upscale Fast Food Tour And Reviews  ( 26,071 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Oleg's Upscale Fast Food Tour And Reviews
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2010, 05:40:54 PM
If Arizona was being tried for murder jaywalking and had PenFoe as its lawyer, it'd receive the death penalty.   This is coming from someone who woke up today liking Phoenix has no fucking idea where Phoenix is.

Fixed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2010, 10:42:58 AM
What are the quality restaurants in that area Pen?

I was there when I was 18 and we of course went to Don and Charlie's. That's all I remember. My brother ate two prime ribs. And then finished our dinners.

The places this guy suggests is a good start:

http://www.skilletdoux.com/

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 11, 2010, 04:44:35 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 01:53:38 PM
Quote from: PenPho on November 11, 2010, 12:07:09 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 11, 2010, 10:46:28 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 10:34:15 AM
To be honest, I feel like Eli was kind of making fun of me.  I apologize for nothing, however.

No, I was attempting to give Pen a stroke as punishment for being such a wang about where people choose to eat meals.

The issue is not where people eat their meals.

Just don't eat at crappy places and then complain about the food.

Who complained about what?  In fact, both of my reviews so far have been pretty glowing.  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the language, Pen.

Now that I've put my head back together so it can explode again...a few things.

Quote from: Oleg on November 11, 2010, 06:30:40 AM
Frankly, my disappointment in this God-forsaken dessert is on me.  I should have known better than to spend any time in a place where PenWrong actually chose to live.

1. This doesn't exactly sound like a glowing review.

Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2010, 02:46:10 PM
Which is why, earlier in this cesspool, I earnestly enquired as to WHERE a person is supposed to go eat to live up to Pen's arbitrary standards of dining. I have yet to receive an answer.
It appears this is all a ruse in order to mask Pen's ruthless hatred of our friend Oleg. I will not stand for this aggression.

2. I'm  not exactly sure where to start on this one - this is a city of over 4 million people, so the list of pretty good restaurants is awfully long.
If you'd like me to arbitrarily throw out a handful of names that won't mean anything to people, I'm happy to do so:
Barrio Cafe
Pizzeria BiancoSpotted Donkey
Cibo
City Hall Steakhouse
Tarbell's
Arcadia Farms

Um, you could just stop the list there.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »
Quote from: BBM on November 13, 2010, 01:14:37 PM
To be honest, I feel like Eli was kind of making fun of me.  I apologize for nothing, however.

No, I was attempting to give Pen a stroke as punishment for being such a wang about where people choose to eat meals.

Who complained about what?  In fact, both of my reviews so far have been pretty glowing.  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the language, Pen.

Frankly, my disappointment in this God-forsaken dessert is on me.  I should have known better than to spend any time in a place where PenWrong actually chose to live.

Which is why, earlier in this cesspool, I earnestly enquired as to WHERE a person is supposed to go eat to live up to Pen's arbitrary standards of dining. I have yet to receive an answer.
It appears this is all a ruse in order to mask Pen's ruthless hatred of our friend Oleg. I will not stand for this aggression.

2. I'm  not exactly sure where to start on this one - this is a city of over 4 million people, so the list of pretty good restaurants is awfully long.
If you'd like me to arbitrarily throw out a handful of names that won't mean anything to people, I'm happy to do so:
Barrio Cafe
Cibo
City Hall Steakhouse
Tarbell's
Arcadia Farms

Yes, I guess I could if I didn't want to list all those other really good places too.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 15, 2010, 11:14:37 AM
Quote from: BBM on November 13, 2010, 01:14:37 PM

Barrio Cafe
Cibo
City Hall Steakhouse
Tarbell's
Arcadia Farms

Yes, I guess I could if I didn't want to list all those other really good places too.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 11, 2010, 09:07:02 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 11, 2010, 07:38:58 AM
Quote from: PenPho on November 11, 2010, 12:14:07 AM
Really glad that you've spent your time in Arizona going to In N Out and Chik-Fil-A.

Next time I'm in Chicago I'll return the favor by spending all my time at Jimmy John's and Taco Burrito Palace #35 with IAN at Baker's Square Corner Bakery and Jimmy John's and posting my reviews.

Oh, how humiliating.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »
That seems about right.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
Bump.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2011, 11:34:38 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 13, 2011, 05:06:43 PM

Holy fucking cow.

Is it the works of a guy transitioning from the public sector?

Or is it as authentic as this unfortunate photoshop?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
Apex reviews Wendy's.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/231419/

QuoteTHE EATBEAT: Long-awaited Olive Garden receives warm welcome

All in all, Eatbeat columnist Marilyn Hagerty writes, the new Olive Garden "is the largest and most beautiful restaurant now operating in Grand Forks. It attracts visitors from out of town as well as people who live here."

By: Marilyn Hagerty, Grand Forks Herald

After a lengthy wait for Olive Garden to open in Grand Forks, the lines were long in February. The novelty is slowly wearing off, but the steady following attests the warm welcome.

My first visit to Olive Garden was during midafternoon, so I could be sure to get in. After a late breakfast, I figured a late lunch would be fashionable.

The place is impressive. It's fashioned in Tuscan farmhouse style with a welcoming entryway. There is seating for those who are waiting.

My booth was near the kitchen, and I watched the waiters in white shirts, ties, black trousers and aprons adorned with gold-colored towels. They were busy at midday, punching in orders and carrying out bread and pasta.

It had been a few years since I ate at the older Olive Garden in Fargo, so I studied the two manageable menus offering appetizers, soups and salads, grilled sandwiches, pizza, classic dishes, chicken and seafood and filled pastas.

At length, I asked my server what she would recommend. She suggested chicken Alfredo, and I went with that. Instead of the raspberry lemonade she suggested, I drank water.

She first brought me the familiar Olive Garden salad bowl with crisp greens, peppers, onion rings and yes — several black olives. Along with it came a plate with two long, warm breadsticks.

The chicken Alfredo ($10.95) was warm and comforting on a cold day. The portion was generous. My server was ready with Parmesan cheese.

As I ate, I noticed the vases and planters with permanent flower displays on the ledges. There are several dining areas with arched doorways. And there is a fireplace that adds warmth to the decor.

Olive Garden has an attractive bar area to the right of the entryway. The restaurant has a full liquor license and a wine list offering a wide selection to complement Italian meals. Nonalcoholic beverages include coolers, specialty coffees and hot teas.

On a hot summer day, I will try the raspberry lemonade that was recommended.

There's a homemade soup, salad and breadstick lunch available until 4 p.m. daily for $6.95.

An olive branch on menu items signified low-fat entrees. There is a Garden Fare Nutrition Guide available for customers seeking gluten-free food. And for those with food allergies, Olive Garden has an Allergen Information Guide.

All in all, it is the largest and most beautiful restaurant now operating in Grand Forks. It attracts visitors from out of town as well as people who live here.

Olive Garden is part of the Darden chain of restaurants that also operates Red Lobster. There are about 700 restaurants, including four Olive Gardens in North Dakota's major cities.

Olive Garden has gained a following since 1982 with its ample portions and relaxed ambience. It's known for its classic lasagna, fettuccine Alfredo and chicken Parmigiana.