News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Yahoo!'s NBA Preview  ( 5,828 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Yahoo!'s NBA Preview
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:28:38 AM »
I bought it because I need something to read while I'm eating breakfast.  I think KD did pretty much the whole thing.  Awesome job, KD.  I highly recommend it.

Also, KD, if you're reading, why would Carmelo Anthony want to sign an extension with the Nets if they have to start Jordan Farmar and Kris Humphries beside him?  Yeah, Brook Lopez is good, but Billy King is the GM, also. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Yahoo!'s NBA Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2010, 10:28:38 AM
I bought it because I need something to read while I'm eating breakfast.  I think KD did pretty much the whole thing.  Awesome job, KD.  I highly recommend it.

Also, KD, if you're reading, why would Carmelo Anthony want to sign an extension with the Nets if they have to start Jordan Farmar and Kris Humphries beside him?  Yeah, Brook Lopez is good, but Billy King is the GM, also. 

Any hope for a lengthy strike or lockout this season?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:01:12 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2010, 04:40:40 PM

It's going to be freakin' awesome seeing all those arena vendors and local businesses take that huge hit in a terrible economy. Anything to get more NFL in the top half-hour of SportsCenter amiritebrah? Something to hope for, hilarious guy.

Yah mo B there!

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:02:54 AM »

To be fair, it'd be Troy Murphy for the first year, but it's a pointless deal for all involved. Likely a terrible deal.

But he wants a contract, before the new CBA hits. The reality is the bad joke, here. Melo wants to sign a contract under these current terms so bad that he'd sign it with the Nets, if he could.

Yah mo B there!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:22:32 AM »
Quote from: KD on October 01, 2010, 04:02:54 AM

To be fair, it'd be Troy Murphy for the first year, but it's a pointless deal for all involved. Likely a terrible deal.

But he wants a contract, before the new CBA hits. The reality is the bad joke, here. Melo wants to sign a contract under these current terms so bad that he'd sign it with the Nets, if he could.

Admittedly, I haven't read up enough on the NBA's labor situation to understand - but from my vantage point, high atop Dumbshit Tower, the NBA seems to have one of the better CBAs in place. You've got rookies coming in making a reasonable salary, pretty much the opposite of the NFL, and GMs and owners are free to spend the money they have under the cap on any terrible player they wish and even exceed the cap as long as they're willing to pay a tax.

What are the major grievances?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:31:01 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 01, 2010, 07:22:32 AM

Admittedly, I haven't read up enough on the NBA's labor situation to understand - but from my vantage point, high atop Dumbshit Tower, the NBA seems to have one of the better CBAs in place. You've got rookies coming in making a reasonable salary, pretty much the opposite of the NFL, and GMs and owners are free to spend the money they have under the cap on any terrible player they wish and even exceed the cap as long as they're willing to pay a tax.

I think the owners want to institute a hard salary cap akin to the NHL's.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 01, 2010, 08:31:01 AM

Gotcha - that's working out really well...

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 08:40:41 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 01, 2010, 08:40:18 AM

Damn, I nearly beat you to that one.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 01, 2010, 08:40:41 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 01, 2010, 08:40:18 AM

Damn, I nearly beat you to that one.

Well, that's probably why my posts are better than yours almost half the time.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:34 AM »
Quote from: KD on October 01, 2010, 04:01:12 AM

It's going to be freakin' awesome seeing all those arena vendors and local businesses take that huge hit in a terrible economy. Anything to get more NFL in the top half-hour of SportsCenter amiritebrah? Something to hope for, hilarious guy.

No need to get all asshurt about it.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »

That's right.  I forgot about Troy Murphy.  Of course, it doesn't matter now.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 04:24:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 01, 2010, 10:30:34 AM

But some need to reply, to terrible attempt at message board rangolin', right? Unless you prefer to align yrself with those ... "types."

Yah mo B there!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
Quote from: KD on March 10, 2011, 04:24:47 AM

But some need to reply, to terrible attempt at message board rangolin', right? Unless you prefer to align yrself with those ... "types."

Kelly, you drinkin' scotch at 5 AM again?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 10, 2011, 08:09:47 AM
Quote from: KD on March 10, 2011, 04:24:47 AM

Kelly, you drinkin' scotch at 5 AM again?

Late night back-to-back viewings of Pacers-Wolves and Kings-Magic will make anyone a little surly.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
I'm really trying.