News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pine-Box Perkins  ( 1,748 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pine-Box Perkins
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »
I sat next to Pinetop on a couch at Rosa's once. He was sleeping through a pretty loud set. I was kind of worried he was dead, but woke up when he needed to go on stage. RIP.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:40 AM »
Perkins moved to my hometown, Laporte, indiana, around 1995. I went to his 87th birthday party at a bar in town.
Every time I went home, he'd hang out at the same bar, would just sit there and shoot the shit with anyone.
His stories were unbelievable. Was a great guitar player as a young man, until some girl stabbed him in the hand.
After that, he couldn't play guitar anymore, and learned piano. He'd tell you how he never trusted "whitey".
Then like all good men, he kept all his money under his bed in a shoebox. Which someone broke in and stole in 2004.
So he left town for Texas.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 22, 2011, 08:43:40 AM
Perkins moved to my hometown, Laporte, indiana, around 1995. I went to his 87th birthday party at a bar in town.
Every time I went home, he'd hang out at the same bar, would just sit there and shoot the shit with anyone.
His stories were unbelievable. Was a great guitar player as a young man, until some girl stabbed him in the hand.
After that, he couldn't play guitar anymore, and learned piano. He'd tell you how he never trusted "whitey".
Then like all good men, he kept all his money under his bed in a shoebox. Which someone broke in and stole in 2004.

Thanks Gil
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 22, 2011, 08:46:40 AM

Thanks Gil

In all Kelly Dwyer-disapproved sincerity, that is actually good stuff.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 22, 2011, 10:17:27 AM

Thanks Gil

It really is. I honestly was hoping Perkins would become the next John Wooden.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Quote from: Bort on March 22, 2011, 10:37:42 AM

Thanks Gil

You wanted his ears to slowly melt off the sides of his head?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:14:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 22, 2011, 12:09:36 PM

Thanks Gil

Trippy.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 22, 2011, 12:09:36 PM

Thanks Gil

Maybe?