News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,022 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #765 on: July 18, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 17, 2014, 10:59:56 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 17, 2014, 02:27:18 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 17, 2014, 01:24:51 PM
Can somebody explain to me what's going on here?

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/7/16/5896215/occams-razor-arismendy-alcantara

No as this may be the first thing I've seen that is literally Totally Unreadable (and I occasionally have to review portions of the US Tax code).

The same guy was responsible for this abortion from April, in which he belched out over 2000 words to say literally nothing about his nominal topic whatsoever.

It's a distinct possibility that Al isn't even the worst thing about BCB.

You just don't understand, man.  You didn't read closely enough to catch all the nuance that's just oozing out of it.

Quote from: Al Yellon
Quote from: Bradsbeard
Quote from: kanderber
Seriously...
what a bunch of garbage that's been posted today.  Clearly the bar is being lowered dramatically for content on BCB.

This was actually a very thoughtful article
And makes sense as a counterpart to much of the frustration that has been brewing here of late.

THANK YOU!
Someone who gets it, who read past the headline.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: July 18, 2014, 08:07:48 AM »

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/7/16/5896215/occams-razor-arismendy-alcantara

No as this may be the first thing I've seen that is literally Totally Unreadable (and I occasionally have to review portions of the US Tax code).

The same guy was responsible for this abortion from April, in which he belched out over 2000 words to say literally nothing about his nominal topic whatsoever.

QuoteI strongly encourage anyone who has an opinion to write it out. Writing is very good therapy. It's good practice at a skill that we otherwise ignore. Writing a thousand-word piece on a topic, of any sort, probably makes you a better writer, which would likely be a good thing.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:19 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 18, 2014, 08:07:48 AM

QuoteI strongly encourage anyone who has an opinion to write it out. Writing is very good therapy. It's good practice at a skill that we otherwise ignore. Writing a thousand-word piece on a topic, of any sort, probably makes you a better writer, which would likely be a good thing.

Not sure it's working, Tim.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: July 18, 2014, 09:08:12 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 18, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

I am so glad I can't access that site.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: July 19, 2014, 12:43:13 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 18, 2014, 09:08:12 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 18, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

I am so glad I can't access that site.

I am so glad I have no desire to try.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: July 20, 2014, 01:15:57 PM »
Mr. Telander in the Sun Times speaks out with moral indignation about O.J. Simpson's crimes,

"There are few athletes, current or past, I dislike more than Lance Armstrong.

I'm not talking about outright bad guys, such as O.J. Simpson — whom I spoke with several times before those unfortunate murders and always found to be cordial and helpful"

Unfortunate murders?  That's serious condemnation.  Maybe you should re-think that, Rick.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: July 20, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 20, 2014, 01:15:57 PM
Mr. Telander in the Sun Times speaks out with moral indignation about O.J. Simpson's crimes,

I'm not talking about outright bad guys, such as O.J. Simpson — whom I spoke with several times before those unfortunate murders and always found to be cordial and helpful"

Unfortunate murders?  That's serious condemnation.  Maybe you should re-think that, Rick.

He means as opposed to fortunate murders.
C'mon Stew, it's nuance and he's a master of his craft.

Although that craft may be the Titanic.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: July 20, 2014, 01:31:10 PM »

Unfortunate murders?  That's serious condemnation.  Maybe you should re-think that, Rick.

"Those unfortunate murders" doesn't say anything about Simpson's participation.  Just what exactly are you suggesting here, Stew?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: July 20, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 20, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

"Those unfortunate murders" doesn't say anything about Simpson's participation.  Just what exactly are you suggesting here, Stew?

"Mistakes were made. People were murdered."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: July 20, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 20, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

I like that he goes out of his way to give OJ credit for being cordial and helpful.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: July 21, 2014, 07:44:34 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 20, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

I like that he goes out of his way to give OJ credit for being cordial and helpful.

And SO well spoken!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »

"Those Unfortumate Murders" sounds like a filler track on an Elvis Costello album.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club