News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,912 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
Quote from: CBSDFW.comARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The baseball world took a major hit Friday as Ron Washington resigned as the manager of the Texas Rangers.

WILL BASEBALL EVER RECOVER FROM THIS MAJOR HIT?  QUICK, GET A COMMEMORATIVE PATCH TO EVERY TEAM IMMEDIATELY!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 05, 2014, 04:36:13 PM
Quote from: CBSDFW.comARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The baseball world took a major hit Friday as Ron Washington resigned as the manager of the Texas Rangers.

WILL BASEBALL EVER RECOVER FROM THIS MAJOR HIT?  QUICK, GET A COMMEMORATIVE PATCH TO EVERY TEAM IMMEDIATELY!

At least they got in that one last "taking a hit" joke about Ron Washington.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: September 15, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »
Why trust fancy stat-loving computers when you can ask paranormal medium Will Leitch to arbitrarily assign win-loss record to teams?  SPORTS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: September 22, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11564255/bayless-jay-cutler fucking expert level trolling by Skip Bayless.

QuoteI've always praised and defended your physical toughness. But your mental toughness ... I suspect you played so beautifully -- dare I say so patiently -- against the 49ers because you felt little to no pressure. Nobody expected you to win that game.

QuoteIn your career, you've played in all of two playoff games. You won one at home and played little more than a half of that 2010 season's NFC Championship Game at home against archrival Green Bay. That was the turning point moment in which you asked out of the game because you said you could no longer plant and throw on an injured knee (later reported to be a sprained ligament), even though you pedaled an exercise bike on the sideline.

QuoteBut maybe I missed the point. Maybe this had nothing to do with pain threshold and everything to do with self-belief. Maybe you didn't trust yourself enough to lead your team back against Aaron Rodgers and a 14-0 halftime deficit you helped create with an interception. Maybe you hid behind a knee that no doubt was hurt ... but so much so it kept you from the greatest opportunity of your career and a moment you might never again know?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: September 22, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2014, 01:07:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11564255/bayless-jay-cutler fucking expert level trolling by Skip Bayless.

QuoteI've always praised and defended your physical toughness. But your mental toughness ... I suspect you played so beautifully -- dare I say so patiently -- against the 49ers because you felt little to no pressure. Nobody expected you to win that game.

QuoteIn your career, you've played in all of two playoff games. You won one at home and played little more than a half of that 2010 season's NFC Championship Game at home against archrival Green Bay. That was the turning point moment in which you asked out of the game because you said you could no longer plant and throw on an injured knee (later reported to be a sprained ligament), even though you pedaled an exercise bike on the sideline.

QuoteBut maybe I missed the point. Maybe this had nothing to do with pain threshold and everything to do with self-belief. Maybe you didn't trust yourself enough to lead your team back against Aaron Rodgers and a 14-0 halftime deficit you helped create with an interception. Maybe you hid behind a knee that no doubt was hurt ... but so much so it kept you from the greatest opportunity of your career and a moment you might never again know?

Skip Bayless wrote something troll-y?  You don't say.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: September 22, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 22, 2014, 01:10:50 PM

Skip Bayless wrote something troll-y?  You don't say.

....yeah, that's why I called it expert level trolling
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2014, 01:25:28 PM »

This is Skip's thing. It's always been his thing. He stick-poked Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman in Dallas, Michael Jordan here, and any popular opinion at ESPN. He's been a relatively reliable Cutler supporter (probably because he went to Vandy) and now is getting uncomfortable a lot of people are beginning to believe in Cutlerism (Andrew Peck, archbishop; Skip Bayless, mere vicar; SKO, Iowa-based cable-TV evangelist) so he needs to renew his contrarian cred.

I'm not a fan of being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, but at least Skip is good at it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 22, 2014, 01:25:28 PM

This is Skip's thing. It's always been his thing. He stick-poked Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman in Dallas, Michael Jordan here, and any popular opinion at ESPN. He's been a relatively reliable Cutler supporter (probably because he went to Vandy) and now is getting uncomfortable a lot of people are beginning to believe in Cutlerism (Andrew Peck, archbishop; Skip Bayless, mere vicar; SKO, Iowa-based cable-TV evangelist) so he needs to renew his contrarian cred.

I'm not a fan of being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, but at least Skip is good at it.

I am aware of this and was mostly pointing out what a wonderful piece of performance art that it was, but the bolded part is yet more evidence that the rest of you all need to just go home and think about why you're not as good at this as TJ Brown.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
I'm still laughing

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
Like, really loudly

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: September 22, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
Some day Skip Bayless will die and he will have accomplished nothing in life and no one will care that he's dead. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
I would like Morph to photoshop this televangelist Church of Cutler idea. This has potential.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 22, 2014, 01:35:28 PM
Some day Skip Bayless will die and he will have accomplished nothing in life and no one will care that he's dead. 

But he'll have lived in luxury financed by our cable TV fees even if we don't give him the time of day.  He who dies with the most toys wins.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 22, 2014, 01:43:41 PM

But he'll have lived in luxury financed by our cable TV fees even if we don't give him the time of day.  He who dies with the most toys wins.

This probably belongs in the "I admit" thread but I can sadly remember 12 year old SKO vehemently shaking his head in agreement with another BLISTERING Skip Bayless Op-Ed in the trib ripping Cade McNown to shreds.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 22, 2014, 01:43:41 PM

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

He's a guy who has built his entire career on "shock and awe" and there's nothing we can do better than to not give a shit. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.