News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,909 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 22, 2014, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 22, 2014, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 22, 2014, 01:35:28 PM
Some day Skip Bayless will die and he will have accomplished nothing in life and no one will care that he's dead. 

But he'll have lived in luxury financed by our cable TV fees even if we don't give him the time of day.  He who dies with the most toys wins.

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

He's a guy who has built his entire career on "shock and awe" and there's nothing we can do better than to not give a shit. 

Skip Bayless should be the poster child for a la carte cable television.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
Some day Skip Bayless will die and he will have accomplished nothing in life and no one will care that he's dead. 

But he'll have lived in luxury financed by our cable TV fees even if we don't give him the time of day.  He who dies with the most toys wins.

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

He's a guy who has built his entire career on "shock and awe" and there's nothing we can do better than to not give a shit. 

That one Tebow guy on Twitter will always care what Skip thinks, I bet.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: September 22, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

I'm doing my part.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 22, 2014, 02:02:16 PM

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

I'm doing my part.

You should start a Skip Bayless blog and then not blog on it. That'd really burn him, just sittin' there every day, wonderin' when you'll post next.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2014, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 22, 2014, 02:02:16 PM

For lots of people, yes. 

But not for Skip.

I'm doing my part.

You should start a Skip Bayless blog and then not blog on it. That'd really burn him, just sittin' there every day, wonderin' when you'll post next.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't periodically checking "Pomp Culture" for updates.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2014, 03:16:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2014, 01:11:54 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 22, 2014, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2014, 01:07:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11564255/bayless-jay-cutler fucking expert level trolling by Skip Bayless.

QuoteI've always praised and defended your physical toughness. But your mental toughness ... I suspect you played so beautifully -- dare I say so patiently -- against the 49ers because you felt little to no pressure. Nobody expected you to win that game.

QuoteIn your career, you've played in all of two playoff games. You won one at home and played little more than a half of that 2010 season's NFC Championship Game at home against archrival Green Bay. That was the turning point moment in which you asked out of the game because you said you could no longer plant and throw on an injured knee (later reported to be a sprained ligament), even though you pedaled an exercise bike on the sideline.

QuoteBut maybe I missed the point. Maybe this had nothing to do with pain threshold and everything to do with self-belief. Maybe you didn't trust yourself enough to lead your team back against Aaron Rodgers and a 14-0 halftime deficit you helped create with an interception. Maybe you hid behind a knee that no doubt was hurt ... but so much so it kept you from the greatest opportunity of your career and a moment you might never again know?

Skip Bayless wrote something troll-y?  You don't say.

....yeah, that's why I called it expert level trolling

...and that's why I'm wondering how you anyone could read the words "Skip Bayless" and keep reading anyway
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: September 22, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 22, 2014, 03:16:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11564255/bayless-jay-cutler fucking expert level trolling by Skip Bayless.

QuoteI've always praised and defended your physical toughness. But your mental toughness ... I suspect you played so beautifully -- dare I say so patiently -- against the 49ers because you felt little to no pressure. Nobody expected you to win that game.

QuoteIn your career, you've played in all of two playoff games. You won one at home and played little more than a half of that 2010 season's NFC Championship Game at home against archrival Green Bay. That was the turning point moment in which you asked out of the game because you said you could no longer plant and throw on an injured knee (later reported to be a sprained ligament), even though you pedaled an exercise bike on the sideline.

QuoteBut maybe I missed the point. Maybe this had nothing to do with pain threshold and everything to do with self-belief. Maybe you didn't trust yourself enough to lead your team back against Aaron Rodgers and a 14-0 halftime deficit you helped create with an interception. Maybe you hid behind a knee that no doubt was hurt ... but so much so it kept you from the greatest opportunity of your career and a moment you might never again know?

...and that's why I'm wondering how you anyone could read the words "Skip Bayless" and keep reading anyway

Because I wanted to see if he demonstrated his argument through sophistry, natch.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: September 22, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »

And I'm wondering how anyone could read SKO's posts and not assume he searches the Internet for people saying things about Cutler to get angry about.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: September 22, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 22, 2014, 04:56:11 PM

And I'm wondering how anyone could read SKO's posts and not assume he searches the Internet for people saying things about Cutler to get angry about.

Cutler said he couldn't plant his foot.  In other words he couldn't put his weight on it.  Yet he could ride an exercise bike on the sidelines.  Did anyone point out that exercise bikes are non-weight bearing?  What is the inconsistency?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #819 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:18 PM »

In my defense it's been a few years since I sought it out. My rep is established enough people bring it to my attention to enjoy the subsequent explosion

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: September 22, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 22, 2014, 06:27:09 PM

Cutler said he couldn't plant his foot.  In other words he couldn't put his weight on it.  Yet he could ride an exercise bike on the sidelines.  Did anyone point out that exercise bikes are non-weight bearing?  What is the inconsistency?

Stew, it's the "Totally Unreadable" thread.

Also it's Skip Bayless.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:25 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 22, 2014, 07:19:47 PM
Quote from: CBStew on September 22, 2014, 06:27:09 PM

Stew, it's the "Totally Unreadable" thread.

Also it's Skip Bayless.
That's redundant.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: October 14, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2014, 02:46:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11694655/derrick-rose-new-player-new-man-ready-end-cycle-injuries

Trash by Wright Thompson

QuoteINERTIA SMELLS LIKE fried perch and chicken wings covered in that odd South Side concoction known as mild sauce.

What?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: October 14, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 14, 2014, 03:19:27 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2014, 02:46:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11694655/derrick-rose-new-player-new-man-ready-end-cycle-injuries

Trash by Wright Thompson

QuoteINERTIA SMELLS LIKE fried perch and chicken wings covered in that odd South Side concoction known as mild sauce.

What?

Sounds like someone may have thrown a french fry to a river rat at Lawrence Fisheries maybe once.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs