News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,004 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #855 on: January 13, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 13, 2015, 03:46:38 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 13, 2015, 03:45:36 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 13, 2015, 03:19:43 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 13, 2015, 02:12:42 PM
Cool story bro.

Jesus, he's insufferable.

So much anger for pretty much one of the two best places for actual information on the Cubs.

Some folks just can't handle a zero-to-sixty person.

I'd hate to see Huey reading a Matthew Berry article.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:05 PM »
Cool story bro.

So much anger for pretty much one of the two best places for actual information on the Cubs.

So anger = anything that's not complimentary?

Sheesh, Pen--you'd think I criticized the love child of Peter King and Bill Simmons.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: January 13, 2015, 09:58:06 PM »
Cool story bro.

No one said it wasn't a good source for information.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: January 13, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 13, 2015, 09:58:06 PM
Cool story bro.

I think Jay Glazer is a total douchey bro asshole but he's the best at breaking NFL news. Brett got a lot of mileage out of being better than Yellon but that's a low bar to clear and regardless of how good he writes he's annoying as it gets.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: January 14, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 13, 2015, 11:58:24 PM
Cool story bro.

I think Jay Glazer is a total douchey bro asshole but he's the best at breaking NFL news. Brett got a lot of mileage out of being better than Yellon but that's a low bar to clear and regardless of how good he writes he's annoying as it gets.

I think he's a really bad writer.  Good aggregator and curator, terrible writer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: January 14, 2015, 04:20:44 AM »
Cool story bro.

You also write good.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: January 14, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 14, 2015, 04:20:44 AM
Cool story bro.

You also write good.

lowest form of life on the internet.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: January 14, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 14, 2015, 12:27:17 AM
Cool story bro.

I think he's a really bad writer.  Good aggregator and curator, terrible writer.

Also doesn't offer a whole lot as an analyst.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: January 14, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 14, 2015, 11:14:29 AM
Cool story bro.

Pen reads him to learn whatever the latest protein drink he's imbibing is.  Scintillating stuff.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: January 14, 2015, 11:43:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 14, 2015, 11:26:30 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 14, 2015, 11:14:29 AM
Cool story bro.

Pen reads him to learn whatever the latest protein drink he's imbibing is.  Scintillating stuff.

It was two short paragraphs at the top of a bunch of info on the Cubs - I don't really care.

FWIW, I totally support Sterling's "cool story bro" here.  Totally appropriate use of the meme.
It's the "Jesus, he's insufferable" that felt a little over the top, even considering the angerangeranger source. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: January 28, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
This is quite possibly the biggest pile of sanctimonious horseshit I've read since the last time I read something by Rick Telander.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150128_Seahawks__Lynch_makes_a_mockery_of_Media_Day.html

There's lots of badness here, but I think this may be my favorite:

QuoteHis teammates' defense of him is understandable; to them, Lynch is loyal in the locker room and ferocious on the field, fully worthy of his "Beast Mode" nickname.

Also, consider their general profile: These largely are very young men whose talent has afforded them shelter and structure most of their lives. They are people for whom "hard work" equates to lifting weights and running sprints; for whom "commitment" means adhering to a loose daily schedule that tells them when to wake, when to eat, when to think; for whom "adversity" means being .500 midway through a season and somehow making the playoffs.

They know little of the real world and its gravity.

These layabouts will never know the hard work that comes from typing on a keyboard to meet a deadline for a sports section.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:08 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 28, 2015, 10:37:20 AM
This is quite possibly the biggest pile of sanctimonious horseshit I've read since the last time I read something by Rick Telander.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150128_Seahawks__Lynch_makes_a_mockery_of_Media_Day.html

QuoteHis teammates' defense of him is understandable; to them, Lynch is loyal in the locker room and ferocious on the field, fully worthy of his "Beast Mode" nickname.

Also, consider their general profile: These largely are very young men whose talent has afforded them shelter and structure most of their lives. They are people for whom "hard work" equates to lifting weights and running sprints; for whom "commitment" means adhering to a loose daily schedule that tells them when to wake, when to eat, when to think; for whom "adversity" means being .500 midway through a season and somehow making the playoffs.

These layabouts will never know the hard work that comes from typing on a keyboard to meet a deadline for a sports section.

So yeah you guys get all kinds of injections and shit in order to hold your bodies together while you tear every muscle and ligament you have and also wreck your brains in weekly head-to-head collisions, but what do you know of hard work?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: January 28, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 28, 2015, 10:42:08 AM

So yeah you guys get all kinds of injections and shit in order to hold your bodies together while you tear every muscle and ligament you have and also wreck your brains in weekly head-to-head collisions, but what do you know of hard work?

Also, I'm sure Lynch was completely sheltered from the real world while growing up in swanky Oakland, California.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: January 28, 2015, 11:13:58 AM »

QuoteEver self-serving, Lynch was thrown a bag of Skittles candy, with whom he has an endorsement deal.

What has this world come to?

QuoteIf he is allowed to act this way, nothing would prevent other players - all players - from acting this way.

Probably best to have him killed.

QuoteIt was the height of hypocrisy. Lynch was afforded a priceless, 5-minute ad for Skittles and New Era caps.

No hypocrisy higher.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: January 28, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 28, 2015, 11:13:58 AM

QuoteEver self-serving, Lynch was thrown a bag of Skittles candy, with whom he has an endorsement deal.

What has this world come to?

QuoteIf he is allowed to act this way, nothing would prevent other players - all players - from acting this way.

Probably best to have him killed.

QuoteIt was the height of hypocrisy. Lynch was afforded a priceless, 5-minute ad for Skittles and New Era caps.

No hypocrisy higher.

I'm sure if there was a bag of Skittles in his media swag bag, he flushed them, right?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16