News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,983 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1110 on: November 13, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 13, 2015, 09:14:21 AM
QuoteMatthew Trueblood ‏@MATrueblood  10 hours ago
If Cubs are spending any significant energy on Jake Arrieta this winter, I hope it's on gauging the trade market for him, not extending him.

What a miserable little shitbag
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1111 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:11 AM »
If Cubs are spending any significant energy on Jake Arrieta this winter, I hope it's on gauging the trade market for him, not extending him.

The heat of that take just caused the sprinklers in my office to go off.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1112 on: November 13, 2015, 09:22:46 AM »

That's a really douchey way of saying it but there are a lot of reasons why this thought isn't crazy.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1113 on: November 13, 2015, 09:25:10 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 13, 2015, 09:22:46 AM

That's a really douchey way of saying it but there are a lot of reasons why this thought isn't crazy.

Yeah, exactly. It's not what he's saying, it's the smarmy cock baggy way he says everything. There are definitely reasons why a Jake extension might be a bad idea, several of us have already mentioned them here. There are reasons to question Joe Maddon sometimes. It's fair to ask why Rizzo seemed to have changed his approach from the first half to the second half last year.

You just don't have to be such a miserable little shitbag about it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1114 on: November 13, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2015, 09:25:10 AM

Yeah, exactly. It's not what he's saying, it's the smarmy cock baggy way he says everything. There are definitely reasons why a Jake extension might be a bad idea, several of us have already mentioned them here. There are reasons to question Joe Maddon sometimes. It's fair to ask why Rizzo seemed to have changed his approach from the first half to the second half last year.

All of this. It's a perfectly fine offseason thought exercise, but he presents it in a way that immediately stops all discussion because he's so preachy and arrogant.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1115 on: November 13, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 13, 2015, 09:34:28 AM

All of this. It's a perfectly fine offseason thought exercise, but he presents it in a way that immediately stops all discussion because he's so preachy and arrogant.

Yeah, there's just no doubt in his mind he's the smartest mother fucker in the room, and no one ever wants to talk to that guy or agree with him.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1116 on: November 13, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2015, 09:37:27 AM

Yeah, there's just no doubt in his mind he's the smartest mother fucker in the room, and no one ever wants to talk to that guy or agree with him.

Or follow him.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1117 on: November 13, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »

The fact that he sees it as an either/or proposition proves he couldn't be the smartest man in a bathroom stall.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1118 on: November 13, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 13, 2015, 09:40:49 AM

Or follow him.

Wait, you're not Matt Trueblood? I thought he was a meme you created to piss us off even more.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1119 on: November 13, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 13, 2015, 10:41:45 AM

Or follow him.

Wait, you're not Matt Trueblood? I thought he was a meme you created to piss us off even more.

They've never been seen in the same place at the same time, so my money's still on Internet Chuck.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1120 on: November 13, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 13, 2015, 10:41:45 AM

Or follow him.

Nah.  I created Al.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1121 on: November 23, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
This is kind of a fun read.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1122 on: November 23, 2015, 11:28:27 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 23, 2015, 11:10:27 AM

An odd choice for this thread then. MODS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1123 on: November 23, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 23, 2015, 11:10:27 AM

He'll be livin' the dream at Age 30, brah.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1124 on: November 28, 2015, 02:13:02 AM »
ESPN REALLY wants a cookie for having a public editor.

QuoteBrady will start on Nov. 15 and serve for 18 months in the role, which was formerly called the ombudsman. Brady will be charged with providing "independent examination, critique and analysis of ESPN's programming and news coverage on television, digital, print, audio and other media," ESPN said in a statement.

He will write columns, produce podcasts and use social media as part of his role.

"We are proud of our commitment to the ombudsman role over the past decade, and believe those who have occupied that chair have mutually benefited fans and ESPN," said Patrick Stiegman, vice president and editorial director for ESPN Digital & Print Media and chairman of ESPN's editorial board.

Even the new public editor gets into it (right after his devastating attack on an ESPN corporate soullessness straw man):

QuoteWith this vast range of properties and platforms, it's obvious that there's one thing ESPN cannot be: monolithic. Those who don't like ESPN seem to believe there's a white-cat-stroking James Bond villain in a secret lair somewhere in Connecticut handing down dictates to the staff and expecting them to be hammered home consistently across all ESPN products. This is, of course, impossible, as anyone who's ever worked at a large media company knows. ESPN is made up of more than 7,000 human beings with different strengths, weaknesses, personalities and responsibilities.

That's why ESPN has had an ombudsman -- now titled public editor -- since 2005. It understands its own complexities. That doesn't mean ESPN staffers or management have always agreed with the conclusions of the ombudsmen. They have not. And there surely will be times they will not agree with my conclusions or recommendations. Either way, though, ESPN is surely due a tip of the cap for keeping this position when many other media entities have long since abandoned it -- or never had one in the first place.

Since ESPN understands its own complexities so well, and we should all tip our caps to its fierce independence, perhaps someone there would like to explain how an organization this dedicated to self-review could possibly let the public editor's chair sit empty for a whole year.  Would it take that long to replace a hot take-spewing host on Sports Shouting?  What about finding another guy to sign DraftKings to a fat editorial content/marketing deal (which, by the way, was only brought to light after-the-fact by ESPN's critics without a word from the nonexistent public editor)?  If this is the kind of "criticism" we can look forward to, maybe they should have just made the vacancy permanent.