News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,909 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1215 on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:03 AM »
So I think we've reached the point where MLB teams have hired every last one of the big/innovative brains that the old BP produced, and now we're left with a bunch of navel-gazing 25 year old chuckleheads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1216 on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 03, 2016, 11:17:03 AM
So I think we've reached the point where MLB teams have hired every last one of the big/innovative brains that the old BP produced, and now we're left with a bunch of navel-gazing 25 year old chuckleheads.

Pretty much. The revolution has been won. The revolutionaries are now the status quo, so now the young dipshits that fancy themselves the new revolutionaries are just throwing pseudo-intellectual bullshit at the wall.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1217 on: February 03, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 11:22:27 AM

Pretty much. The revolution has been won. The revolutionaries are now the status quo, so now the young dipshits that fancy themselves the new revolutionaries are just throwing pseudo-intellectual bullshit at the wall.

I think we need to start a revolution.  Go back to the good old days of gut feel and the good face.  Who's with me?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1218 on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 11:27:05 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 11:22:27 AM

I think we need to start a revolution.  Go back to the good old days of gut feel and the good face.  Who's with me?

Fork is.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1219 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »
Stupid me.  I thought that baseball was all about playing games.  Now I realize that it is really about hiring people to work in the office.  Lets have more stories about the business aspects of baseball.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1220 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »

Nonsense, who doesn't like a side of doctoral thesis on Leadership with their baseball writing?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1221 on: February 03, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 03, 2016, 12:37:51 PM

Nonsense, who doesn't like a side of doctoral thesis on Leadership with their baseball writing?

Did you not enjoy his link to the Wikipedia article on transformational leadership?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1222 on: February 03, 2016, 01:08:10 PM »
DPD. Also:

QuoteHere's the thing. If I had $6 million to spend on executives, I'd spend $3 million of it to hire a Theo Epstein type, and the other $3 million to hire 50 of the best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school at $60,000 a pop. Think about what Mark Shapiro had in Cleveland in the 2000s: a clear organizational structure, with him at the top, and a bunch of future GMs below him buying into that vision, and wildly underpaid for their talent (because they were early in their career).

So, to recap. Don't hire a couple of smart, successful people because their ideas might clash. Instead, hire FIFTY unproven guys straight out of graduate school and watch their ideas coalesce into something beautiful.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1223 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:21 PM »
Jesus we haven't had such ripe barrel-fish shooting since the last time Paul melted down here.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1224 on: February 03, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 03, 2016, 01:08:10 PM
DPD. Also:

QuoteHere's the thing. If I had $6 million to spend on executives, I'd spend $3 million of it to hire a Theo Epstein type, and the other $3 million to hire 50 of the best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school at $60,000 a pop. Think about what Mark Shapiro had in Cleveland in the 2000s: a clear organizational structure, with him at the top, and a bunch of future GMs below him buying into that vision, and wildly underpaid for their talent (because they were early in their career).

So, to recap. Don't hire a couple of smart, successful people because their ideas might clash. Instead, hire FIFTY unproven guys straight out of graduate school and watch their ideas coalesce into something beautiful.

and the "best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school" would land for $60K? Sounds like bachelors degree money to me.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1225 on: February 03, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 01:34:30 PM
DPD. Also:

and the "best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school" would land for $60K? Sounds like bachelors degree money to me.

Get a load of Fmorph over here.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1226 on: February 03, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
DPD. Also:

It's the baseball equivalent of Hoyle's Fallacy.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1227 on: February 03, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
DPD. Also:

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1228 on: February 03, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 03, 2016, 01:48:42 PM
DPD. Also:

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

I took a shit on BP Wrigleyville on twitter and someone replied "in other news baseball news is slow in January and February"

Oddly enough many other blogs aren't sitting there with feces running down their legs because they let some waterhead post about letting Theo walk and another write a paean to Rick Fucking Renteria.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1229 on: February 03, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 03, 2016, 02:01:48 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 03, 2016, 01:48:42 PM
DPD. Also:

I took a shit on BP Wrigleyville on twitter and someone replied "in other news baseball news is slow in January and February"

Oddly enough many other blogs aren't sitting there with feces running down their legs because they let some waterhead post about letting Theo walk and another write a paean to Rick Fucking Renteria.

Right. I get that you're scraping for content but you can scrape for baseball content for a long time before you get to this bullshit. Brett or John Arguello breaking down Chesney Young's chance at someday being the next Tony Campana would be a better use of time than this bullshit
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015