News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,900 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1230 on: February 03, 2016, 02:12:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
Quote from: Slaky on February 03, 2016, 02:01:48 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 03, 2016, 01:48:42 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 03, 2016, 01:08:10 PM
DPD. Also:

QuoteHere's the thing. If I had $6 million to spend on executives, I'd spend $3 million of it to hire a Theo Epstein type, and the other $3 million to hire 50 of the best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school at $60,000 a pop. Think about what Mark Shapiro had in Cleveland in the 2000s: a clear organizational structure, with him at the top, and a bunch of future GMs below him buying into that vision, and wildly underpaid for their talent (because they were early in their career).

So, to recap. Don't hire a couple of smart, successful people because their ideas might clash. Instead, hire FIFTY unproven guys straight out of graduate school and watch their ideas coalesce into something beautiful.

and the "best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school" would land for $60K? Sounds like bachelors degree money to me.

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

I took a shit on BP Wrigleyville on twitter and someone replied "in other news baseball news is slow in January and February"

Oddly enough many other blogs aren't sitting there with feces running down their legs because they let some waterhead post about letting Theo walk and another write a paean to Rick Fucking Renteria.

Right. I get that you're scraping for content but you can scrape for baseball content for a long time before you get to this bullshit. Brett or John Arguello breaking down Chesney Young's chance at someday being the next Tony Campana would be a better use of time than this bullshit

Good now the baseball bloggers are going to get mad. Man, I was glad Sahadev left that place. He was the only reason I would click over there anyway.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
DPD. Also:

QuoteHere's the thing. If I had $6 million to spend on executives, I'd spend $3 million of it to hire a Theo Epstein type, and the other $3 million to hire 50 of the best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school at $60,000 a pop. Think about what Mark Shapiro had in Cleveland in the 2000s: a clear organizational structure, with him at the top, and a bunch of future GMs below him buying into that vision, and wildly underpaid for their talent (because they were early in their career).

So, to recap. Don't hire a couple of smart, successful people because their ideas might clash. Instead, hire FIFTY unproven guys straight out of graduate school and watch their ideas coalesce into something beautiful.

and the "best and brightest young guns straight out of grad school" would land for $60K? Sounds like bachelors degree money to me.

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

I took a shit on BP Wrigleyville on twitter and someone replied "in other news baseball news is slow in January and February"

Oddly enough many other blogs aren't sitting there with feces running down their legs because they let some waterhead post about letting Theo walk and another write a paean to Rick Fucking Renteria.

Right. I get that you're scraping for content but you can scrape for baseball content for a long time before you get to this bullshit. Brett or John Arguello breaking down Chesney Young's chance at someday being the next Tony Campana would be a better use of time than this bullshit

I would absolutely read that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: February 03, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 03, 2016, 02:23:41 PM
DPD. Also:

Is Chesney Young a real person?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: February 03, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 03, 2016, 02:29:01 PM
DPD. Also:

He had a really long hit streak at some point season...wasn't it 40+ games?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: February 03, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 02:35:39 PM
DPD. Also:

He won the Buttpuddle League Batting Title, you pricks. Show some respect.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: February 03, 2016, 02:40:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 02:37:06 PM
DPD. Also:

I admit it, (wholly unfairly to Chesny Young) I get him and Charcer Burks confused all the time.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: February 03, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 03, 2016, 02:40:47 PM
DPD. Also:

I admit it, (wholly unfairly to Chesny Young) I get him and Charcer Burks confused all the time.
Okay that second guy isn't real tho
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: February 03, 2016, 02:42:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 02:41:08 PM
DPD. Also:

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

Well, he definitely isn't a real prospect.

Even if it's probably entirely unfair to write off a 20-year old guy in A-ball.

They're both 6'0", 170, light-hitting, middle of the field (2B/CF) speed guys.

One of them just happens to slap-hit a lot more effectively.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: February 03, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 03, 2016, 02:42:42 PM
DPD. Also:

Holy shit, that would be some outstanding organizational bloat.  Also, I'm guessing most of these grad school mavens are already employed by BP and would willing to jump for that kind of money.

From the looks of him, he's got a future starting up a bro-country band.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: February 03, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
DPD. Also:

His name is Chesney Young. He's probably been packing state fair amphitheaters full of TDubbses before he could legally drive.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: February 03, 2016, 03:11:47 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 03, 2016, 03:07:10 PM
DPD. Also:

His name is Chesney Young. He's probably been packing state fair amphitheaters full of TDubbses before he could legally drive.

Intrepid Reader: Chesney Young

Oh yeah, my baby is an All-American Country Girl
Wearing those tight jeans
We drive down to the river in my truck
Every Saturday night
Drinking beer
Dancing to country music
And I love her almost as much as I love my mama

TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: February 03, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 03:11:47 PM
DPD. Also:

Every Saturday night
Drinking beer
Dancing to country music

I'm glad you felt the need to spell that out for us.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 03:13:56 PM
DPD. Also:

Every Saturday night
Drinking beer
Dancing to country music

Did I miss any bro-country tropes?
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: February 03, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 03:13:56 PM
DPD. Also:

Every Saturday night
Drinking beer
Dancing to country music

Did I miss any bro-country tropes?

TL;DR
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: February 03, 2016, 07:25:06 PM »
We must not have been the only ones complaining because they spent the day on Twitter whining about cynical readers and being self important mopes.